Trending Games | Swordsman | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,822 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,564
Snail Game | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/10/13)  | Pub:Snail Games USA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Wushu Forum » General Discussion » Age of Wushu Nailed it.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
77 posts found
  GrayKodiak

Novice Member

OP  2/03/13 1:40:59 AM#21
Originally posted by bcbully

Since we talking unique innovated systems that have never been seen,

Real players for boss adds. Not some pretimed prescripted gather over here mobs, real players.

yea that adds one hell of a random element to instances

AresPL

Novice Member

2/03/13 4:57:05 AM#22
just so You guys know.. in 4th isntance boss summons 12 at normal mode ;p
  bcbully

Elite Member

2/03/13 7:25:44 AM#23

Feature for feature no other games compare right now. This isn't a opinion, this is a fact. 

Sure I'm going to try the new mmorpgs that come out his year, but something tells me Wushu is going to stay on top. Honestly for one of these new games to come out and have everything work as smoothly as AoW, it will be a small miricle.

AoW has already crossed 3 new games off my list - Wizardry, DF:UW, Defiance.

TESO

Neverwinter

Repopulation

Archeage 

Next in line we'll see.

Sybnal

Elite Member

2/03/13 8:23:28 AM#24

Age of Wushu is a hidden gem for sure.  If you can get past the dated graphics (which grow on you immensely btw), the seemingly clunky combat (it get's pretty good actually) and the TERRIBLE translations (they are so bad they border on comedy genius) this game has some of the best open world PvP systems I've seen in a game in a long time. Almost everything in the game has PvP in mind somehow. The PvE is the tacked on after thought in this game and it's quite refreshing. 

Every person that has said they have installed this game, played it for a few hours and then quit has my sympathy. I had the same instinct. (I also considered the possiblitly of a Chinese hack attack/commie conspiracy..lol. i kid.).  Upon first logging in you instantly get horrible flashbacks of every Asian F2P nightmare you ever uninstalled.  But I read a few posts, read a noob guide and thought  "This sounds like it could be ok, I'll give it another shot. I like figuring stuff out in games. Screw you China! You can't confuse me!"

Totally worth the learning curve.  I'm not fond of Asian mmo's but I like this one.  It's gonna feel like an Asian grindfest if you try playing it like one.  But if you give yourself goals (it's kind of sandboxy that way)do some reading, get in a good guild and ask some questions. You'll find yourself having fun. 

Just try to ignore the first 3 hours of the game.  They are there to confuse you intentionally I think :P

LoboMau

Novice Member

2/03/13 8:27:23 AM#25
Pitty that the combat is awfull!!
  Soraksis

Elite Member

2/03/13 8:34:05 AM#26
Originally posted by LoboMau

Its a pitty that the game is awfull.  I loaded this game that is supposed to be so great onto my system and 30 mins into the game i uninstalled it.  This game is a train wreck of no fun.  There are some mechanics that properly applied to a game with a point would be amazing but this game is just flat and boring.

Alamareth

Hard Core Member

2/03/13 8:44:26 AM#27
There's a serious problem with the safe areas, in that it's frequently abused by criminals.  Other than that, I largely agree with your list.
  bcbully

Elite Member

2/03/13 8:53:11 AM#28
Originally posted by Soraksis
Originally posted by LoboMau

Its a pitty that the game is awfull.  I loaded this game that is supposed to be so great onto my system and 30 mins into the game i uninstalled it.  This game is a train wreck of no fun.  There are some mechanics that properly applied to a game with a point would be amazing but this game is just flat and boring.

How did you even. Make your toon that fast?GG these type of post make our entire community look bad.
  bcbully

Elite Member

2/03/13 8:59:31 AM#29
Originally posted by Alamareth
There's a serious problem with the safe areas, in that it's frequently abused by criminals.  Other than that, I largely agree with your list.

Haven't heard of this since safe spots are 5m by 5m areas. There may be 2 or 3 of these res spots per area. Literally 99 percent of any area is open
  Onomas

Novice Member

Sandbox is your only hope for a decent mmo ;)

2/03/13 9:00:22 AM#30
Game isnt boring or slow paced, you are doing it wrong. Only thing thats slow and boring is resource gathering. Personaly i like to tkae my time and not treat a sandbox style game like a themepark and not expect to hit max level in 12 hrs and sit around with nothing to do a week from now. There is so much to do in wushu i think most these style posts are BS and just trying to troll.
  Alamareth

Hard Core Member

2/03/13 9:03:46 AM#31
Originally posted by bcbully
Originally posted by Alamareth

Haven't heard of this since safe spots are 5m by 5m areas. There may be 2 or 3 of these res spots per area. Literally 99 percent of any area is open

Try going constable, you'll understand.  It's severely broken.  They are very easy to get to and they serve as a total safe haven to escape and let an alt character collect the bounty.  I've been screwed out of a good 1Ding in bounties due to this.

If you are flagged as a bounty or as a constable, 100% of the game should be unprotected.

Hotcell

Apprentice Member

2/03/13 9:03:55 AM#32

Don't forget the Combat system. I think it's pretty well done too. The pacing is balanced (ie burst vs sustained vs survivability).

If only this game has better translation and better connection..

josnic Xfire Miniprofile
  Gandores

Novice Member

2/03/13 9:25:27 AM#33
Originally posted by Onomas
Game isnt boring or slow paced, you are doing it wrong. Only thing thats slow and boring is resource gathering. Personaly i like to tkae my time and not treat a sandbox style game like a themepark and not expect to hit max level in 12 hrs and sit around with nothing to do a week from now. There is so much to do in wushu i think most these style posts are BS and just trying to troll.
Its that horrible tutorial i bet
  dwarfus

Novice Member

2/03/13 9:35:00 AM#34
Originally posted by cowhead
I just wish that Malware Bytes didn't flag the game as malware everytime I try to launch the game. Easy fix I guess but considering I have never seen another MMO make my comp react like that, I just don't trust it.

This is an easy fix. What is holding you back?

dwarfus

Novice Member

2/03/13 9:37:26 AM#35
Originally posted by Windamere

Gave it a shot, first thing i noticed was the mulitude of gold sellers hanging about .

I usually don't care for this type of open world pvp game and now I remember why, within the first couple hours while still trying to learn things. Killed twice and had to walk all the way back to quest location from spawn............Yeah game is now dead to me and hasn't even been released yet (Removed fom PC forever)

I'm not really a fan of this game because it's quite complicated, but I must say I did not experience either of these things after playing for about 5 hours. I was never ganked and did not see goldseller, but did see a lot of players working on lots of different types of tasks, which is how you get experience. 

dwarfus

Novice Member

2/03/13 9:39:05 AM#36
Originally posted by Dantae87
Originally posted by Scorchien
  Lots of good mechanics , shame i cant stand the setting at all, and have no interest in playing this ...

me too always hated chinees culture....i donno just me but the look of everything makes me tired and sick....

Yet your signature is asian anime bent over......wow.

dwarfus

Novice Member

2/03/13 9:42:33 AM#37
Originally posted by rodingo
Originally posted by cowhead
I just wish that Malware Bytes didn't flag the game as malware everytime I try to launch the game. Easy fix I guess but considering I have never seen another MMO make my comp react like that, I just don't trust it.

I'm telling you, it's a back door hack that China is putting into our networks for future access in a cyber war scenario.  Yes, that's hardcore conspiracy theory stuff, and it's partly stated for fun.  However, noone can deny that the Chinese have been getting agressive with their cyber attacks on western news agencies and even attempts on DoD computers.  Why not target domestic computers for data farming?  Like I said, this is partly in jest but also a possiblity to consider.

OMG. This is like the 8th anti-asian  post. 

Not everyone is out to get you. Are they competitive? Yes, but this is the equivilent of living in China and saying Wow is going to implant some western soy machine into my computer. 

It's a good thing Fallen Earth came out. I bet you're loving that game.

bcbully

Elite Member

2/03/13 9:43:30 AM#38
I think script steal.events is the most trilling most fun I've had in mmorpg.
  park97

Novice Member

2/03/13 9:44:30 AM#39
Originally posted by dwarfus
Originally posted by Dantae87
Originally posted by Scorchien
  Lots of good mechanics , shame i cant stand the setting at all, and have no interest in playing this ...

me too always hated chinees culture....i donno just me but the look of everything makes me tired and sick....

Yet your signature is asian anime bent over......wow.

Cant you see he is a Japanese? and He hates Chinese. It's so obvious.

Sarariel

Novice Member

2/03/13 9:49:32 AM#40

And people in EU are shunned once more?

Great.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search