Trending Games | WildStar | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,871 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,085,149
Snail Game | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/10/13)  | Pub:Snail Games USA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Wushu Forum » General Discussion » Just another day in Wushu

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
66 posts found
  DarkfallFanatic

Apprentice Member

1/27/13 11:36:12 AM#61
What's wrong with combat? It's a fairly cool system and for some reason reminds me of street fighter or sleeping dogs. My only gripe is that the game doesn't even hint where to get certain moves and skills from. For example I see people sprinting and flying kicking and running up walls and from what I've gathered all of these skills are instance drops only?
  Biskop

Novice Member

1/27/13 12:29:39 PM#62
They drop in dungeons but they're not char bound so you can buy them from other players.
  BigHatLogan

Spotlight Poster

1/31/13 5:30:25 PM#63

I have to disagree with a lot of posters in this thread.  AoW is a AAA title.  The localization is pretty poorly done but game design is top notch and art direction is absolutely beautiful.  The graphics aren't intense but the art direction team really did everything they could with what they had. 

The combat system in AoW is hardly clunky.  Maybe when you first start and haven't learned much kung fu yet.   I hate mmorpgs for the most part, and reason number one is bad combat.  Hot key combat is usually simply spamming combo rotations over and over, in other words boring as hell.  AoW combat is both awesome and fun.  The block/feint/attack mechanics really add a lot of strategy to fights.  You can't simply block everything because you will get hit with a feint.  Feint too much and you are gonna get crushed by an overt attack.  Attack too much and the opponent will just block everything and fill their rage meter.  Add flying skills to that and pvp fights get really insane.  I've been in fights that play like a running chase through entire cities with people hopping on roof tops and running up walls just like in fantasy martial arts movies like Crouching Tiger/Hero/House of Flying Daggers. 

There is so much to do in this game that a lot of players feel lost when they join.  The best part is that mobs don't give xp so no grinding stupid mobs!!!!  Also, rewards from your basic fetch/kill quests are terrible, so no one does them!!!!   Quest and mob grinding were the dumbest parts of pre-AoW mmorpgs and it's nice to see a game where that simply isn't present.   

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!

I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

bcbully

Hard Core Member

OP  2/02/13 7:58:13 AM#64

Wush Frinday night

Robbed about 11 or 12 carts

Got 1 script out the "School Script Defend." Only a 2nd.

Did GCC (second dungeon)for my 19-28 2nd internal

Got a Cruel Sevens fragment (no idea why people want these.)

Aaand off the last boss I got  "MOVE ON WATER"!!!!!! I win 

cillin in my stall now hoping to sell a few things and annotate a few books. Illustious Calligrapher here!

edit - I got a superb double blade book too. Not sure how, I turned in fly Jet Li tokens this mornign walked away and this guy appeared with red thing over his head. I clicked him completed the task and the system sent me a bag.

xpiher

Elite Member

2/04/13 9:44:46 AM#65
Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic
What's wrong with combat? It's a fairly cool system and for some reason reminds me of street fighter or sleeping dogs. My only gripe is that the game doesn't even hint where to get certain moves and skills from. For example I see people sprinting and flying kicking and running up walls and from what I've gathered all of these skills are instance drops only?

Its typical of Asian MMOs. It seems to me that a lot of people in this thread haven't played many of them. All it boils down to is rock paper sisscors where both players don't have to go at the same time. Yes, it is more engaging than most western MMOs combat systems, but it doesn't have as much depth as some people here are making it out to be. 

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher

paulytheb

Apprentice Member

2/04/13 9:57:49 AM#66

This game does sound interesting. Thanks for posting about your adventures.

Unfortunately, I have zero interest in the game due to the setting. The whole Kung Fu, ancient China motif just turns me off.

I guess I just prefer high fantasy or Sci Fi.

Nothing against the game though, its just not my bag.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search