Trending Games | ArcheAge | Trove | WildStar | Forsaken Uprising

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,870,303 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,253,656
Snail Game | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/10/13)  | Pub:Snail Games USA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Wushu Forum » General Discussion » Insomnia from playing this game...

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
62 posts found
  KoreanSoWhat

Novice Member

Joined: 7/28/12
Posts: 93

1/05/13 2:09:47 AM#21
Originally posted by adam_nox

It's good if you like the setting.   EVE isn't that great of a game.  It has 26k people logged in, probably 10k of those are actual human beings lol.  Also the game is simply not cool how you have to put 30 days of gametime in before you can even outfit a decent ship in all T2.  I have been playing it for a month, and I can tell you that no one who is new to the game will even know what direction they want to go the first two weeks if not longer.  And then once you do, you are roped into a ton of game time before you can get to anything good.  There's only a little legit pvp, by which I mean fair fights or corp vs corp.  Mining is boring and the way the game encourages multiboxing is no better than having a p2w cash shop, which btw, since you can buy ISK, you can in fact, pay to win, by getting a faction based version of a ship way faster than anyone else.  The only reason I had money to even buy a cheap drake battlecruiser was by selling a collectible that came with my starter account.  Otherwise you'll have to sink a lot of time or a second account into mining or crafting.

 

Sorry for the rant, but it always irks me when people talk up EVE.  It's not even a real sandbox, it's just an open world without levels and without the themepark guiding.  That doesn't make something a sandbox. 

 

As for Wushu, I assume it's about the same deal, which is cool, and if it were a setting I wanted to get immersed in I'd probably give it more of a chance, but even then the graphics are pretty sub-par (which is part of the ability to be immersed like it or not).  I wish the game were a lot easier to get into and know what to do, but I'm not willing to fiddle around.  It's like someone who doesn't like star wars trying to figure out old school SWG, without knowing to look on forums etc.

You are absolutely right about defenition of so called "Sandbox".

[mod edit]

 

  Mtibbs1989

Elite Member

Joined: 12/17/10
Posts: 2780

1/05/13 2:16:15 AM#22
Originally posted by injenu

I started out thinking I would never get into it.. Yet the more and more I logged in and learned how to play, the more I realized this was the game I was looking for.  Past 2 nights I started playing at 5pm, and the next time I looked at the clock it was 2am and I have work at 8am :/.  Haven't even scratched the service either - I'm Wudang, and despite a high learning curve I just started figuring out how to pvp.  Game is legit and while I can see most people not liking it here in the states, it will have a strong fanbase like that of Eve.  I already have 2 deluxe accounts.  If you decide to play and want a crash course on what to do, message me ingame my name is Clavain and my Alt is Injenu. 

 

PS...

It's so cool how the game really resembles China during the Ming Dynastic period, I might even buy a real Wudang sword lol. 

 I can totally agree with you, this game totally sucked me into as well. it's 3:00 AM right now and I am waiting to get a a Team Practice started. This game definitely hits the spot for me. I don't know what it is, maybe it's the challange of PvP, the interaction between players or what not. There's something about it that I love.

 I too have made a Wudang - Taiji style, my characters name is Ginsuo. I personally love the Wudang because of the high degree of skill required to play them. The complexity to the game is also very overwhelming for newcomers to the game and there is still so much to learn from it.

 It's very nice to see that there are a lot of positive reactions to the game and I hope that Snail Games doesn't continue screwing up the way they have been; because they have a diamond in the rough.


Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

  vgamer

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/27/11
Posts: 152

1/05/13 2:20:24 AM#23

Hey, dumb question but isn't the game in closed beta? At least, their site tells that...

 

Must be one heck of a game if it can captivate you that much in closed beta.

  Enerzeal

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 6/27/10
Posts: 332

There is no good or evil, only power - and those too weak to seek it.

1/05/13 2:25:58 AM#24
Originally posted by adam_nox

It's good if you like the setting.   EVE isn't that great of a game.  It has 26k people logged in, probably 10k of those are actual human beings lol.  Also the game is simply not cool how you have to put 30 days of gametime in before you can even outfit a decent ship in all T2.  I have been playing it for a month, and I can tell you that no one who is new to the game will even know what direction they want to go the first two weeks if not longer.  And then once you do, you are roped into a ton of game time before you can get to anything good.  There's only a little legit pvp, by which I mean fair fights or corp vs corp.  Mining is boring and the way the game encourages multiboxing is no better than having a p2w cash shop, which btw, since you can buy ISK, you can in fact, pay to win, by getting a faction based version of a ship way faster than anyone else.  The only reason I had money to even buy a cheap drake battlecruiser was by selling a collectible that came with my starter account.  Otherwise you'll have to sink a lot of time or a second account into mining or crafting.

 

Sorry for the rant, but it always irks me when people talk up EVE.  It's not even a real sandbox, it's just an open world without levels and without the themepark guiding.  That doesn't make something a sandbox. 

 

As for Wushu, I assume it's about the same deal, which is cool, and if it were a setting I wanted to get immersed in I'd probably give it more of a chance, but even then the graphics are pretty sub-par (which is part of the ability to be immersed like it or not).  I wish the game were a lot easier to get into and know what to do, but I'm not willing to fiddle around.  It's like someone who doesn't like star wars trying to figure out old school SWG, without knowing to look on forums etc.

Only 26k people? What a load of old shit, there is easily upwards of 40k people and at prime times plenty more than that. What you are is exactly what someone has already stated, screw off back to WoW, you petulant me me me cry baby.

  muthax

Advanced Member

Joined: 11/15/05
Posts: 587

1/05/13 4:49:29 AM#25

Let's avoid getting into discussions with wowtards and people who have their definition of sandbox and anything outside it is 'spurious'.

Report if they are offensive and then block the poster but if you keep on arguing with them you are just making them happy

  D_TOX

Novice Member

Joined: 11/20/07
Posts: 281

1/05/13 5:09:23 AM#26
Originally posted by TwoPly
I'm just waiting for someone to discover that this game is simply a plot to install code on everyone's machine that will aid the chinese government in hacking the U.S...lol

I'm just waiting for them to introduce P2W items in the Cash Shop, the only thing putting me off right now. It's only a matter of time before they need to introduce P2W into the shop to keep customers, like ALL cash shop MMO's. 

  dreamscaper

Elite Member

Joined: 8/14/08
Posts: 1285

1/05/13 5:12:49 AM#27

I've been trying to get into the game since I like much of what I see, but I'm having trouble getting into it because of two reasons:

  1. There are far fewer character customization options than I would like. Yes, we have sliders, but there's only so much you can do with them. All of the face choices seem to be variations on a handful of core designs, and there are only like five hairstyles to choose from. I always dislike it when I'm forced to choose what I feel is a cookie cutter character design (one of my big caveats with Rift as well).
  2. Combat action overload. While I realize it's a martial arts themed game, being a sandbox I expected to be able to make my own journey somewhat. By the time I joined a school I had a full action bar filled up with attacks, and had yet to have any clue as to do anything that wasn't combat related. How tightly integrated are the professions? What's with the conflicting information about housing? Is it possible to focus on life skills and mostly ignore the combat skills?
I haven't given up on the game yet, but the above does bug me a big. I love the atmosphere in the game, and I can certainly see its charm, but I'm not completely sold yet.

<3

  D_TOX

Novice Member

Joined: 11/20/07
Posts: 281

1/05/13 5:15:23 AM#28
Originally posted by dreamscaper

I've been trying to get into the game since I like much of what I see, but I'm having trouble getting into it because of two reasons:

  1. There are far fewer character customization options than I would like. Yes, we have sliders, but there's only so much you can do with them. All of the face choices seem to be variations on a handful of core designs, and there are only like five hairstyles to choose from. I always dislike it when I'm forced to choose what I feel is a cookie cutter character design (one of my big caveats with Rift as well).
  2. Combat action overload. While I realize it's a martial arts themed game, being a sandbox I expected to be able to make my own journey somewhat. By the time I joined a school I had a full action bar filled up with attacks, and had yet to have any clue as to do anything that wasn't combat related. How tightly integrated are the professions? What's with the conflicting information about housing? Is it possible to focus on life skills and mostly ignore the combat skills?
I haven't given up on the game yet, but the above does bug me a big. I love the atmosphere in the game, and I can certainly see its charm, but I'm not completely sold yet.

Have you ever been to China? 'Character' customization is pretty slim. ;)

  sudo

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/23/05
Posts: 698

1/05/13 5:35:24 AM#29

I tried the game for a bit and it actually looks rather interesting. Found the combat system quite bad but if the world is as immersive and sandboxish as people claim, I won't mind :)

One thing I still can't understand is how come some people are already paying for the game? It only has US servers (not considering Russian beta here) and even those are under beta, meaning everything will be wiped when the game launches?

I mean, why would you pay and invest so much time into a beta that will probably end soon and everything will be wiped?

Moreover, is there any information about EU servers / EU client and game release date yet?

By the way, my ping to US servers is around 200 ms, I don't plan to play a pvp game with that, if that's what European players are doing...

Thanks in advance :)

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
Hans Margolius

  Wankyudo

Novice Member

Joined: 1/17/04
Posts: 145

1/05/13 5:41:57 AM#30
Originally posted by sudo

I tried the game for a bit and it actually looks rather interesting. Found the combat system quite bad but if the world is as immersive and sandboxish as people claim, I won't mind :)

One thing I still can't understand is how come some people are already paying for the game? It only has US servers (not considering Russian beta here) and even those are under beta, meaning everything will be wiped when the game launches?

I mean, why would you pay and invest so much time into a beta that will probably end soon and everything will be wiped?

Moreover, is there any information about EU servers / EU client and game release date yet?

By the way, my ping to US servers is around 200 ms, I don't plan to play a pvp game with that, if that's what European players are doing...

Thanks in advance :)

Beta's not being wiped.  Characters carry over into release

  sudo

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/23/05
Posts: 698

1/05/13 5:45:59 AM#31
Originally posted by Wankyudo
Originally posted by sudo

...

Beta's not being wiped.  Characters carry over into release

Closed beta that's not being wiped? Wow...

And what about EU servers? Any news about those?

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
Hans Margolius

  InFlamestwo

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/20/11
Posts: 677

1/05/13 5:46:44 AM#32
I agree, the game is very deep and the learning curve is high. Iam also Wudang and i have no idea how to train new skills, i've been running around with a Breeze Sword for a few hours now but would like to try out double swords. Breeze sword is nice, won a duel earlier today.

  muthax

Advanced Member

Joined: 11/15/05
Posts: 587

1/05/13 5:51:37 AM#33
In EU it¡s called Age of Wulin and gPotato is publishing, you can sign up for the CBT but it's not on yet and probably won't start before February
  InFlamestwo

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/20/11
Posts: 677

1/05/13 6:05:22 AM#34
Originally posted by muthax
In EU it¡s called Age of Wulin and gPotato is publishing, you can sign up for the CBT but it's not on yet and probably won't start before February

I got a key, but it says "key does not exist".

  sudo

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/23/05
Posts: 698

1/05/13 6:09:24 AM#35
Originally posted by muthax
In EU it¡s called Age of Wulin and gPotato is publishing, you can sign up for the CBT but it's not on yet and probably won't start before February

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it :) 

Hopefully, by the time EU beta is up, we'll know if the game is P2W or not from the US patches...

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
Hans Margolius

  Rimmersman

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/15/12
Posts: 911

1/05/13 6:10:52 AM#36
Originally posted by sudo
Originally posted by Wankyudo
Originally posted by sudo

...

Beta's not being wiped.  Characters carry over into release

Closed beta that's not being wiped? Wow...

And what about EU servers? Any news about those?

A lot of us euro's have moved over to the russia version of the game which is ahead of the US version. You can download the game and the english language pack that allows you play the game in english.

The version is better than the us version and the ping is way better. On top of that the beta is completely open with no restrictions on play time.

Here http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/373117/Totally-Free-Wushu.html

  muthax

Advanced Member

Joined: 11/15/05
Posts: 587

1/05/13 6:15:53 AM#37
Originally posted by InFlamestwo
Originally posted by muthax
In EU it¡s called Age of Wulin and gPotato is publishing, you can sign up for the CBT but it's not on yet and probably won't start before February

I got a key, but it says "key does not exist".

Eh if you pass me teh key I can verify that for you ;)

Jokes aside, it probably won't be redeemable till the CBT starts

  sudo

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/23/05
Posts: 698

1/05/13 6:17:51 AM#38
Originally posted by Rimmersman
Originally posted by sudo
Originally posted by Wankyudo
Originally posted by sudo

...

Beta's not being wiped.  Characters carry over into release

Closed beta that's not being wiped? Wow...

And what about EU servers? Any news about those?

A lot of us euro's have moved over to the russia version of the game which is ahead of the US version. You can download the game and the english language pack that allows you play the game in english.

The version is better than the us version and the ping is way better. On top of that the beta is completely open with no restrictions on play time.

Here http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/373117/Totally-Free-Wushu.html

Thanks. Was it confirmed anywhere that you'll be able to transfer your character from the Russian version of the game to the European game later on? I'm guessing that's a no...

Even with US client, playing a game where 95% of the population speak Russian doesn't sound fun at all...

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
Hans Margolius

  Nikopol

Apprentice Member

Joined: 11/21/08
Posts: 627

Brought to you by... The Spirit of Nikopol.

1/05/13 6:25:21 AM#39

It's one of those games I would not be that interested in "in concept", but when I play, it just clicks. Must be a combination of good artwork and music, sandbox features, and fond memories of Wuxia classics.

Though I'll try not to delve too deep into it and wait for that EU launch.

  Rimmersman

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/15/12
Posts: 911

1/05/13 6:33:27 AM#40
Originally posted by sudo
Originally posted by Rimmersman
Originally posted by sudo
Originally posted by Wankyudo
Originally posted by sudo

...

Beta's not being wiped.  Characters carry over into release

Closed beta that's not being wiped? Wow...

And what about EU servers? Any news about those?

A lot of us euro's have moved over to the russia version of the game which is ahead of the US version. You can download the game and the english language pack that allows you play the game in english.

The version is better than the us version and the ping is way better. On top of that the beta is completely open with no restrictions on play time.

Here http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/373117/Totally-Free-Wushu.html

Thanks. Was it confirmed anywhere that you'll be able to transfer your character from the Russian version of the game to the European game later on? I'm guessing that's a no...

Even with US client, playing a game where 95% of the population speak Russian doesn't sound fun at all...

The Russian version is not Age Of Wulin which is the european version, no transfer i'm afraid. I have a kkey for the european version but beta isnt going to start till feb at least.

Their are english speaking guilds/clans on the russian version.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search