Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Trove | Black Gold

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,057 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,187,947
Snail Game | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/10/13)  | Pub:Snail Games USA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Wushu Forum » General Discussion » AoW: Less about Fantasy, More about the Fighting

1 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  10/15/12 9:40:59 PM#1

"Other games do have that magic, like minotaurs and other creatures and spells," Rawlins said. "The most fantastical beast in this game is a giant snake, and it's only about waist high" - Lead Content Designer, Tyler Rawlins (article)

For some reason, I like this statement.  While anybody that's familiar with Wuxia (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) combat, you know that 'reality' isn't a word you would normally use to describe it.  The 'reality' of AoW is more about the world. There also seems to be a big emphasis on PvP and learning combat skills.  It's deep.

It's obvious that this game won't be for everybody, but I can say that after playing GW2 and other fantasy games that feature gigantic bosses and imaginary creatures, I'm looking forward to a game with a bit more realistic-world and combat.

I'm looking forward to trying this one out when it enters it's first NA beta test in November.