Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | Rift | EverQuest Next

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,229 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,556
Snail Game | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/10/13)  | Pub:Snail Games USA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Wushu Forum » General Discussion » Does anyone have sub numbers for Age of Wushu/Wulin or number of active players?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
59 posts found
  nationalcity

Apprentice Member

7/17/13 10:07:09 AM#41
Originally posted by rodingo
Originally posted by jesad

That's 6.25 million active accounts spread across 4 us servers, I don't know how many Chinese servers, and I don't know how many European servers.

LMAO,...dude come on.

lol, that would make the game more popular then anything but Wow come on *rollseyes*

@op Why do you care first of all if you like the game play it, why do you have to know how many people are playing it?

Unless your one of them people that only play if it meets your (insert sub # here) or maybe your doing a study on how many subs each MMO has am I right????????

bcbully

Elite Member

7/17/13 10:21:15 AM#42
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
Originally posted by bcbully
Originally posted by ozmono
I just read someone saying it was bigger than WoW globally and I couldn't find the numbers, so does anyone have the sub numbers for it or the amount of active players worldwide?

Those were registered players not active numbers and even the registered ones seemed exaggerated.

You don't know this. We don't know this. SnailGames knows this. SnailGames is doing AWESOME in China. 1500 employees. Your Flag Ship has to be doing pretty damn good to employ that number of people. 

To put it in perspective Trion had 300 people before they laid of 80%. 

The article you posted in other topic said nothing about active players however it did mention the number of registered players. The day Snailgames releases its active player base numbers there won't be any need for argument.

What's "active"?  My definition is people playing in the last few weeks.

What I linked says 20 million players. You added the word registered. Regardless It's a hell of a lot more people than the majority of popular games on this site.

I read that article again and since there was no mention of active 20 million players then it is quite safe to assume that 20 million is also including all the players who registered to their website.

Registration numbers is nothing to brag about though.

assume if you want too. Snail has -

1500 hundred employees and growing

Wulin European launch upcoming

Wushu Expansion Aug. 8th

New MMORPG (Black Gold) slated to start NA beta this fall.

MMORPG in development (Savage Horizons) slated to be the largest game world made, with terraforming and all.

Public stock offering in the works

Like I said you can assume what you want, but you don't employ 1500 people and do all of this with some people signing up for your website. 

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

Doogiehowser

Novice Member

7/17/13 10:25:07 AM#43
I just read someone saying it was bigger than WoW globally and I couldn't find the numbers, so does anyone have the sub numbers for it or the amount of active players worldwide?

Those were registered players not active numbers and even the registered ones seemed exaggerated.

You don't know this. We don't know this. SnailGames knows this. SnailGames is doing AWESOME in China. 1500 employees. Your Flag Ship has to be doing pretty damn good to employ that number of people. 

The article you posted in other topic said nothing about active players however it did mention the number of registered players. The day Snailgames releases its active player base numbers there won't be any need for argument.

What I linked says 20 million players. You added the word registered. Regardless It's a hell of a lot more people than the majority of popular games on this site.

I read that article again and since there was no mention of active 20 million players then it is quite safe to assume that 20 million is also including all the players who registered to their website.

Wushu Expansion Aug. 8th

MMORPG in development (Savage Horizons) slated to be the largest game world made, with terraforming and all.

Like I said you can assume what you want, but you don't employ 1500 people and do all of this with some people who signing up for your website. 

And i still fail to see correlation between 1500 employees and 20 million players (of which we don't even know how many are really active).

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Wildstar, and Combat Arms

7/18/13 2:04:58 AM#44

For the sake of arriving at an active player number, a lot of devs consider anyone that has played in the past 30 days to fall into that category.

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fovoroth

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Wildstar, and Combat Arms

7/18/13 2:12:43 AM#45

Wushu Expansion Aug. 8th

Like I said you can assume what you want, but you don't employ 1500 people and do all of this with some people signing up for your website. 

"assume if you want too" was a great lead in to a post based entirely on horrible assumption.

Funcom has about 250-300 employees, so logically there must be 4,000,000 people playing Pets vs Monsters, right?

RIGHT? ;)

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fovoroth

DaezAster

Novice Member

7/18/13 2:28:06 AM#46
Plenty of heads playing, all that should matter. These numbers don't mean much unless your trying to campare games as a winner of some sorts. 
  jesad

Novice Member

Think of something witty and pretend that I typed it in this spot :)

7/18/13 4:26:11 AM#47
Originally posted by nationalcity
Originally posted by rodingo

That's 6.25 million active accounts spread across 4 us servers, I don't know how many Chinese servers, and I don't know how many European servers.

LMAO,...dude come on.

lol, that would make the game more popular then anything but Wow come on *rollseyes*

@op Why do you care first of all if you like the game play it, why do you have to know how many people are playing it?

Unless your one of them people that only play if it meets your (insert sub # here) or maybe your doing a study on how many subs each MMO has am I right????????

Wow fellas, how are yall gonna take what I said totally out of context like that and just run with it? :)  Two quotes?  Really?

I said that number was were you could START before adding in all the other underlying factors that could possibly lead to the actual number of people playing.  Didn't mean to threaten you in any way, was just trying to brainstorm out a way to get close to some reasonable numbers.

jesad

Novice Member

7/18/13 4:28:19 AM#48
And while we're on the topic, why don't the Wulin guys just come over here and tell us how many paying accounts they have?  They're over here on every other conversation :)

Gdemami

Elite Member

7/18/13 12:56:02 PM#49

And while we're on the topic, why don't the Wulin guys just come over here and tell us how many paying accounts they have?  They're over here on every other conversation :)

Wulin beta population was minimal and it will unlikely gain much more ppl after release.

Wushu population is currently struggling and compared to EU, EU player base is and always has been much lower so there is not very bright future for Wulin either.

angelknight4

Novice Member

7/18/13 3:32:13 PM#50
Originally posted by angelknight4
Originally posted by Loktofeit

Oh, let's not forget Red Phoenix server, the Shredded Beef recipe for RG 3rd inner still a hot topic and it has been weeks since the problem occur, all those complaint, tickets are getting nowhere at all.

While I don't question the gravity of the issue, to those of us not versed in AoW gameplay, that reads rather humorously.

Aaah thanks for highlighting this. 

Shredded beef is a really rare chef recipe that drops in the first instance. Royal Guards need shredded beef in order to progress their third internal. This is no bug, just like Scholars need a poem called Legend of Mr. Wului, which is transcribed by lucky calligraphers. I happened to be one of the maybe 5 people who can make the Mr. Wului. Each one takes 3-5 mins for me to physically craft if I don't mess up.

The "Problem" he is speaking of is a problem of him not wanting to buy them from the lucky chef who can make them :p No two crafters are the same in age of Wushu. There's some really rare shit out there.

And you are lying again. For weeks, people in Red Phoenix spent hundreds upon hundreds of run on TV and yet it never drop. However, in Blue Dragon, my guild mate got it drop several times here. So tell me again how is that not a bug?

Some of my friends who moved to RP server and they never got it drops despite non-stop farming. And I remember saying again and again I am playing on Blue Dragon, yet you just have to paint negative picture on people who point out the problem with the game.

As for "No two crafters are the same". Sound like advertisement when they want you to play the game, it's called randoms.

I bet you don't play much game with random stats on equip. It's all luck and yet several time you intentionally misleading people with this statement. Perhaps try Aion to see for change, it has random tuning, random HQ to get better equipment and random recipe as well, sound like AoW? Oh, that's right, it's not since AoW crafting is so unique it has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE *roll eyes*

On BlueDragon, the orginal server, there are no more than 10 people who have that recipe. Over the course of 7 months, 10 people at most. The calligraphy one I have only 5 and one of those people doesn't play anymore. Again over seven months, and thousands of runs. It's real rare. If there was a problem beyond this, I do not know. 

No two crafters are the same, from their recipes to the talent.  No two fully enchanted items are the same, the stats are all random. Are you debating this?

Here is an event for Red Phoenix only, 20 RG who win against GM can get Shredded Beef recipe.

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=13264

So, still have your excuse of rare drop that noone can get after hundreds of instance run? Clueless people who defend until the last breath, ignore the problem and keep doing it for months.

Quite frankly, talking to troll who keep lying to everyone for months is never a good sign for any games, they will ignore every problems and keep praising the game and in the end nothing get fix at all.

bcbully

Elite Member

7/18/13 4:04:55 PM#51

Oh, let's not forget Red Phoenix server, the Shredded Beef recipe for RG 3rd inner still a hot topic and it has been weeks since the problem occur, all those complaint, tickets are getting nowhere at all.

While I don't question the gravity of the issue, to those of us not versed in AoW gameplay, that reads rather humorously.

Shredded beef is a really rare chef recipe that drops in the first instance. Royal Guards need shredded beef in order to progress their third internal. This is no bug, just like Scholars need a poem called Legend of Mr. Wului, which is transcribed by lucky calligraphers. I happened to be one of the maybe 5 people who can make the Mr. Wului. Each one takes 3-5 mins for me to physically craft if I don't mess up.

The "Problem" he is speaking of is a problem of him not wanting to buy them from the lucky chef who can make them :p No two crafters are the same in age of Wushu. There's some really rare shit out there.

And you are lying again. For weeks, people in Red Phoenix spent hundreds upon hundreds of run on TV and yet it never drop. However, in Blue Dragon, my guild mate got it drop several times here. So tell me again how is that not a bug?

Some of my friends who moved to RP server and they never got it drops despite non-stop farming. And I remember saying again and again I am playing on Blue Dragon, yet you just have to paint negative picture on people who point out the problem with the game.

As for "No two crafters are the same". Sound like advertisement when they want you to play the game, it's called randoms.

I bet you don't play much game with random stats on equip. It's all luck and yet several time you intentionally misleading people with this statement. Perhaps try Aion to see for change, it has random tuning, random HQ to get better equipment and random recipe as well, sound like AoW? Oh, that's right, it's not since AoW crafting is so unique it has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE *roll eyes*

On BlueDragon, the orginal server, there are no more than 10 people who have that recipe. Over the course of 7 months, 10 people at most. The calligraphy one I have only 5 and one of those people doesn't play anymore. Again over seven months, and thousands of runs. It's real rare. If there was a problem beyond this, I do not know. 

No two crafters are the same, from their recipes to the talent.  No two fully enchanted items are the same, the stats are all random. Are you debating this?

Here is an event for Red Phoenix only, 20 RG who win against GM can get Shredded Beef recipe.

So, still have your excuse of rare drop that noone can get after hundreds of instance run? Clueless people who defend until the last breath, ignore the problem and keep doing it for months.

Quite frankly, talking to troll who keep lying to everyone for months is never a good sign for any games, they will ignore every problems and keep praising the game and in the end nothing get fix at all.

This is what you linked... It's rare... Do you understand what super rare is? I just sold 5 Mr. Wului for 500L. You know why? I'm the ONLY person on the sever that has them in stock right now. It's super rare.

"Surprise Event: Challenge the GM (Red Phoenix Only)

Event Date:
July 17 21:00 server time.
* All times are in CDT, Server Time.

Event details:
The first 20 royal guard players to win the challenge against the GM will win the Shredded Beef receipe!

Rewards: Shredded Beef Recipe"

I'm not sure how this supports your argument, or justifies your accusations. Like I've said the recipe is rare. Try to keep it civil though.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

angelknight4

Novice Member

7/18/13 4:31:51 PM#52

This is what you linked... It's rare... Do you understand what super rare is? I just sold 5 Mr. Wului for 500L. You know why? I'm the ONLY person on the sever that has them in stock right now. It's super rare.

Event Date:

Event details:
The first 20 royal guard players to win the challenge against the GM will win the Shredded Beef receipe!

I'm not sure how this supports your argument, or justifies your accusations. Like I've said the recipe is rare. Try to keep it civil though.

Yes, I never said it is not rare. However, you are intentionally lying about the problem to begin with, topics after topics about problem of the recipe never drop in Red Phoenix and you tell me that it is "rare" to brush aside the problem. I already told you that yes it is rare, but NOT INSANELY RARE for several hundreds of instance run and got nothing. That in itself is the problem.

And that event doesn't support my argument? Let's see, RED PHOENIX ONLY EVENT, Shredded Beef Recipe, can't connect yet?

Why not Black Tortoise or White Tiger as well, but ONLY RED PHOENIX? Because it is the only server with the problem and you brush it aside as "rare" item.

And to say you are the only one on the server with Mr.Wului is laughable, bet you don't check market often or check other cities, lol.

I am keeping it really civilize, but for months you are intentionally misleading people with topics after topics just like you did with TSW all over again.

bcbully

Elite Member

7/18/13 4:58:58 PM#53

Event Date:

Event details:

Yes, I never said it is not rare. However, you are intentionally lying about the problem to begin with, topics after topics about problem of the recipe never drop in Red Phoenix and you tell me that it is "rare" to brush aside the problem. I already told you that yes it is rare, but NOT INSANELY RARE for several hundreds of instance run and got nothing. That in itself is the problem.

And that event doesn't support my argument? Let's see, RED PHOENIX ONLY EVENT, Shredded Beef Recipe, can't connect yet?

Why not Black Tortoise or White Tiger as well, but ONLY RED PHOENIX? Because it is the only server with the problem and you brush it aside as "rare" item.

And to say you are the only one on the server with Mr.Wului is laughable, bet you don't check market often or check other cities, lol.

I am keeping it really civilize, but for months you are intentionally misleading people with topics after topics just like you did with TSW all over again.

Oh I see this is personal. In this very conversation, I say I'm one of 5 people, in big orange letters. In my last post you quoted, I said in stock. You know this. 

7 months and only 5 fricken people on the server have Mr. Wului, after countless runs by the population. It's SUPER RARE. Red Phoenix is the newest of the servers. I wonder how many Shredded beef recipes were destroyed before you guys knew what it was for. 

Now you can complain (which it looks like you guys did) about a recipe being so rare, and at the same time so important, I get that. For you to go on this flame spree though, I find that out of line. "I'm trying to keep it civil." is what you said. Try harder. 

Good to know that your still playing and I would assume enjoying the game though. 

jesad

Novice Member

7/23/13 2:34:37 AM#54
Originally posted by Gdemami

Wulin beta population was minimal and it will unlikely gain much more ppl after release.

Wushu population is currently struggling and compared to EU, EU player base is and always has been much lower so there is not very bright future for Wulin either.

SHENANIGANS!! LOL

How and why would you know this information?  You have been a professed hater of this game since before the European beta even opened up.  And why would you jump in and respond to a question that was clearly not directed towards you?  I know, freedom of speech and all, but it looks pretty shady what with all the other other constant berating of this game that you do.  Not to mention that even if you are keeping track on purpose, that still points to some pretty devious behavior.  I mean who really does that?  Not normal people for sure.

Who you working for?!?!  Spill it!! We caught you red handed!!! :)

bcbully

Elite Member

7/23/13 8:35:16 AM#55

lmao. You got him right at the point. Guilds are growing in Wushu, atleast ours is every night we have around 80 people online, and we are up around 400 strong now. 

Oh, Wushu is waiting on the approval from Steam to be green lighted. The votes are in. I'm kinda expecting something around August 8th, xpoc time.

Cname

Novice Member

8/13/13 10:53:39 AM#56

Snail Games CEO Shi Hai was quoted not too long ago that the target (of success) for AoW is 300,000 players online concurrently, implying that AoW has not reached this target yet.

By comparison, a rather successful F2P PvP-oriented 3D MMORPG by rival Tencent Games has an online population often exceeding half a million online concurrently.

"A game is fun if it is learnable but not trivial" -- Togelius & Schmidhuber

bcbully

Elite Member

8/14/13 8:47:47 AM#57
Originally posted by Cname

Snail Games CEO Shi Hai was quoted not too long ago that the target (of success) for AoW is 300,000 players online concurrently, implying that AoW has not reached this target yet.

By comparison, a rather successful F2P PvP-oriented 3D MMORPG by rival Tencent Games has an online population often exceeding half a million online concurrently.

Not even going to ask for the quote. Thank you for the info. What's the name of the Tencent game? Hmm as I'm typing, that name started to sound familiar. Tencent is the main investor in the Activision-Blizzard buy out. They are a Chinese company right?

Cname

Novice Member

8/16/13 4:57:25 PM#58

Not even going to ask for the quote. Thank you for the info. What's the name of the Tencent game? Hmm as I'm typing, that name started to sound familiar. Tencent is the main investor in the Activision-Blizzard buy out. They are a Chinese company right?

Yes, Tencent is one of China's top global company. It only ventured into MMORPG industry recently. It is the publisher of AAA imports like Archeage and Blade & Soul in China.

Currently none of Tencent's own MMORPG are exported outside China - for one or both reasons: (1) They feel their games are not polish enough for Western market or (2) the  products will not appeal to Western gamers.

However, this might changed with better developed prodcts in pipeline like the upcoming Moonlight Blade or if a successful MMORPG version of Legend of Qin currently in pre-development status is delivered. 

For those who never heard of it Qin's Moon is a highly accessible Wuxia novel which settings of a different dimension to AoW. It based on the battle among ancient Chinese school of philosophies - world is more complex than just good vs evil but rather "horizontal vs vertical".  It has the advantage of being adapted into a popular TV animated series.

I am a fan of the series and the truth is if AoW developers has a fraction of the skills in storytelling and invested more in presentation and explaining the motivations of how heroes and "villains" behaved in Jianghu, AoW might have been better received in the West (the irony is Legend of Qin animators are former videogame developers just like them).

A few short clips for illustration and promotion :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IWz1-SHmMY - How to explain the concept of Xia (chivalrous good) clearly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPh1EhuLIK4 - 3rd season trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Y7KIXSZc4 - with info on some international awards won

"A game is fun if it is learnable but not trivial" -- Togelius & Schmidhuber

bcbully

Elite Member

8/17/13 8:23:18 AM#59
Originally posted by Cname

Yes, Tencent is one of China's top global company. It only ventured into MMORPG industry recently. It is the publisher of AAA imports like Archeage and Blade & Soul in China.

Currently none of Tencent's own MMORPG are exported outside China - for one or both reasons: (1) They feel their games are not polish enough for Western market or (2) the  products will not appeal to Western gamers.

However, this might changed with better developed prodcts in pipeline like the upcoming Moonlight Blade or if a successful MMORPG version of Legend of Qin currently in pre-development status is delivered. 

For those who never heard of it Qin's Moon is a highly accessible Wuxia novel which settings of a different dimension to AoW. It based on the battle among ancient Chinese school of philosophies - world is more complex than just good vs evil but rather "horizontal vs vertical".  It has the advantage of being adapted into a popular TV animated series.

I am a fan of the series and the truth is if AoW developers has a fraction of the skills in storytelling and invested more in presentation and explaining the motivations of how heroes and "villains" behaved in Jianghu, AoW might have been better received in the West (the irony is Legend of Qin animators are former videogame developers just like them).

A few short clips for illustration and promotion :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IWz1-SHmMY - How to explain the concept of Xia (chivalrous good) clearly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPh1EhuLIK4 - 3rd season trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Y7KIXSZc4 - with info on some international awards won

You're the best Cname 

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search