Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,029 Users Online:0
Games:712  Posts:6,173,478
Snail Game | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/10/13)  | Pub:Snail Games USA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Wushu Forum » General Discussion » First impressions -- I like it

2 posts found
  olepi

Advanced Member

OP  5/02/13 8:58:09 PM#1

I'm basically a casual player who likes virtual worlds, and sandboxes, but also likes to do quests in that world and enjoys good PvP. I've been playing Wushu for about a week, maybe a couple of hours a day, so maybe 10 hours in total. I like the game so far.

I joined a school (Scholars), did a few missions for them. Now doing spy missions. Joined an event, which felt like a zerg, and got slaughtered in PvP :) Learned the Musician art, and can play a basic song on my instrument that buffs the team. Did some team training, but not with any other players; haven't teamed up with anyone yet. Figured out how to "cultivate" the skill of my choice. A ganker came around an area I tried to AFK in, and killed me a couple of times; the last time I put up a fight, futile of course. And yet, it was my fault, for just going to sleep in a PvP area. All in all, a pretty varied experience for just 10 hours of play.

- The graphics and the feeling of a virtual world are well done.

- The combat seems traditional, with different attacks, moves, etc.

- The download was a problem, had to DL twice to make it work. Since then, the game is very well behaved. No lag, does not crash, etc.

- The "translation" problem hasn't really affected me; there are a few grammtical errors, but the real meaning has been clear.  I spent a few years studying the Book of Changes (I Ching) and other Chinese philosophy, so the game does not feel totally foreign to me.

- The game seems complex, and so far, that is a fun factor. It is nice to know that there is a lot more to learn and master.

After a week of free play, I've enjoyed it. Wushu feels like a AAA game to me.

------------
RIP City of Heroes. One of my favorite MMO's.

bcbully

Elite Member

5/12/13 11:43:55 PM#2
Originally posted by olepi

I'm basically a casual player who likes virtual worlds, and sandboxes, but also likes to do quests in that world and enjoys good PvP. I've been playing Wushu for about a week, maybe a couple of hours a day, so maybe 10 hours in total. I like the game so far.

I joined a school (Scholars), did a few missions for them. Now doing spy missions. Joined an event, which felt like a zerg, and got slaughtered in PvP :) Learned the Musician art, and can play a basic song on my instrument that buffs the team. Did some team training, but not with any other players; haven't teamed up with anyone yet. Figured out how to "cultivate" the skill of my choice. A ganker came around an area I tried to AFK in, and killed me a couple of times; the last time I put up a fight, futile of course. And yet, it was my fault, for just going to sleep in a PvP area. All in all, a pretty varied experience for just 10 hours of play.

- The graphics and the feeling of a virtual world are well done.

- The combat seems traditional, with different attacks, moves, etc.

- The download was a problem, had to DL twice to make it work. Since then, the game is very well behaved. No lag, does not crash, etc.

- The "translation" problem hasn't really affected me; there are a few grammtical errors, but the real meaning has been clear.  I spent a few years studying the Book of Changes (I Ching) and other Chinese philosophy, so the game does not feel totally foreign to me.

- The game seems complex, and so far, that is a fun factor. It is nice to know that there is a lot more to learn and master.

After a week of free play, I've enjoyed it. Wushu feels like a AAA game to me.

This is what amazed me early on. The game runs so damn smooth. No need to play with settings, turn this off, and turn this on. Straight out the box, it's smooth as silk, and responsive as WoW.  On top of that, 6 month of heavy play, and only 1 crash. It has to be the most stable client on the market.

Elder Scrolls Online vs Wildstar Mass PvP you decide.