Trending Games | Pirate101 | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,727 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,428
Snail Game | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/10/13)  | Pub:Snail Games USA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Wushu Forum » General Discussion » Can someone clear some stuff up

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
22 posts found
  GrayKodiak

Novice Member

1/07/13 2:52:25 PM#21
Originally posted by Wighty

Ok so I dove in with both feet and purchased the Deluxe (for $20 you can't go wrong). I created my character and went through some game tutorial... 

Everything is fine until I picked a school. I chose Wudang as it seemed like a good fit. However, I am not sure if it is translation, ui, or if I am just a moron but I am very confused here and am hitting a wall.

I am not sure if I totally grasp the progression system... So every few minutes I accumulate cultivation points and if I go to my skills I can use cultivation points on them which takes several hours to advance. I see there are 2 other options Practice Martial arts and Team practice, but not sure where to go for team practice. I see it being spammed in school chat yet noone really reponds. 

This also leaves me confused as to which skills I should focus on being that I am a total newb and am suddenly flooded with choices.

I also hit a wall with my questline. I have to duel some evil tiger herald outside of a stronghold. I formed a team by myself and went to progress the dialogue but the person it is telling me I have to fight is not listed.

Again if anyone can help out or direct me to a guide (maybe specific to Wudang or questlines) I would greatly appreciate it!

I think I just did that tiget heral thing.

Once you start and go in the instance did a hunter looking guy appear and tell you to follow him? If not try moving into the fighting area a bit.

Jjix

Novice Member

4/20/13 9:41:25 AM#22
2. yes you can max lvl in one day if you pay enough $$

This just isn't true. I wish people wouldn't make up stuff like this. I just wanted to clarify in case no one has already done so:

The short is you still need to get xp in AoW, just like any other game, and you cannot pay for it.

The long:

In most games, XP ---> LevelingUp and the translation from XP to LevelingUP is immediate.

Age of Wushu uses a bottleneck system:

XP ---> Cultivation Points ---> LevelingUP

So that in AoW, first you need to get XP. That XP then takes time to turn into Cultivation points, which then takes time to turn into Levels. Imagine a double hourglass. First you fill the top bubble -- which you only can do by playing the game -- then that slowly trickles into the middle bubble, and then that slowly trickles into the final bubble.

All you can pay for with real cash is to open up, or speed up, the rate at which the trickling occurs from the middle bubble to the final bubble -- if you have enough cash you can remove the final bottleneck entirely.

However, the reason you can't just "max lvl in one day" as this poster put it, is

1) because there is no way to remove the first bottleneck. There are potions you can buy that help speed up the first bottleneck a bit, but that is about it. There is no theoretical way someone could max level in a day because of this bottleneck. And

2) in order to fill the first bubble (XP) in the first place requires that you actually play the game. It doesn't do you any good to speed up the rate at which the sand falls from the middle bubble to the final bubble if there is no sand in the hourglass at all. And the only way you get sand into the hourglass is by playing the game (earning xp).

So, yes, if you are ultra rich in real life or in game you can speed up the process by turning the double hourglass into a single hourglass, but you can't get rid of the hourglass and you still need to put sand in the hourglass which requires playing the game. So unless you are playing the game extensively, paying real life money to speed up the leveling process won't even be an option for you.

Finally, powergamers who find some trick to massive xp gains also cannot get max level in a day because A) the amount of xp you can generate is capped (at 999), and you cannot continue to make xp until some of it has trickled into cultivation. Again, think of that hourglass, you can only put so much sand into the top bubble. And B) xp trickles into cultivation (top bubble to middle bubble) at a fixed rate. You can speed it up a bit with potions, but you cannot remove it, which prevents a powergamer from leveling up faster than the system will allow.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search