Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Wasteland 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,859,131 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,264
Snail Game | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/10/13)  | Pub:Snail Games USA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Wushu Forum » General Discussion » Video Virtual Tour 1080P- AoW might be the prettiest, most interesting world I've played in.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
39 posts found
  Adelbert

Novice Member

Joined: 6/13/05
Posts: 44

4/04/13 2:52:31 AM#21
I totally agree with the OP. I've got an i7 with a GTX680 and 16 GB of RAM. I've played Age of Conan, Guild Wars 2 and any other MMO on the market at max settings. I've NEVER been so impressed with any landscapes as much as I do with Age of Wushu. It just looks beautiful, alive, real. It's a breathing world. Running around on Chengdu just entering every house I find and seeing all the detail they have, is one of the best experiences I've had in the genere.
  bcbully

Elite Member

Joined: 3/03/12
Posts: 7247

 
OP  4/04/13 7:50:05 AM#22
Originally posted by Adelbert
I totally agree with the OP. I've got an i7 with a GTX680 and 16 GB of RAM. I've played Age of Conan, Guild Wars 2 and any other MMO on the market at max settings. I've NEVER been so impressed with any landscapes as much as I do with Age of Wushu. It just looks beautiful, alive, real. It's a breathing world. Running around on Chengdu just entering every house I find and seeing all the detail they have, is one of the best experiences I've had in the genere.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

  aromero

Novice Member

Joined: 3/01/08
Posts: 53

4/07/13 9:40:50 AM#23


Originally posted by bugmeno
To be frank : Looks out-dated! Everything is flat, mediocre texture and color palette is a joke (mix of green, lesser green, darker green and some brown). Even Lotro looks better than that, believe me.

Compared to AoC, WH, GW2, Tera, EQ2 and even to some extent WoW it looks bad, plain and simple. And if you have no idea what Godrays are, then you must have been playin SNES games only for the past 30 years or so ;)=

Have to give it a try, usually Asia MMOs tend to be s.it-expierence these days.


Super nintendo wasn't even out 30 years ago...

  bcbully

Elite Member

Joined: 3/03/12
Posts: 7247

 
OP  4/07/13 3:45:41 PM#24
Originally posted by aromero

 


Originally posted by bugmeno
To be frank : Looks out-dated! Everything is flat, mediocre texture and color palette is a joke (mix of green, lesser green, darker green and some brown). Even Lotro looks better than that, believe me.

 

Compared to AoC, WH, GW2, Tera, EQ2 and even to some extent WoW it looks bad, plain and simple. And if you have no idea what Godrays are, then you must have been playin SNES games only for the past 30 years or so ;)=

Have to give it a try, usually Asia MMOs tend to be s.it-expierence these days.


 

Super nintendo wasn't even out 30 years ago...

and the Ming Dynasty era China did not use the Super Mario Bros. color pallet :p

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

  User Deleted
4/07/13 3:50:02 PM#25
looks pretty,Wuliiin,wru?
  bcbully

Elite Member

Joined: 3/03/12
Posts: 7247

 
OP  4/07/13 4:27:09 PM#26
Originally posted by ForumPvP
looks pretty,Wuliiin,wru?

Wushu. 

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

  Wizardry

Elite Member

Joined: 8/27/04
Posts: 6744

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

4/07/13 4:40:43 PM#27

You will NEVER see movers,moving doors in f2p Asian games.You will also be lucky to see some of the buildings have insides at all.This is like doing less than half the effort when comes to quality graphics.

There is some nice architecture and nice viewscapes.Doing half the effort however negates the positives.Basically it is like a painting just a surface picture,i expect 3d.

It actually takes a lot more effort to create architecture inside a building and to decorate it with objects,which also take time to design.

However it does look nice from a painting point of view.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

  User Deleted
4/07/13 4:40:46 PM#28
Originally posted by bcbully
Originally posted by ForumPvP
looks pretty,Wuliiin,wru?

Wushu. 

http://en.wulin.gpotato.eu/

same game ,no idea whats taking so long

  bcbully

Elite Member

Joined: 3/03/12
Posts: 7247

 
OP  4/07/13 5:02:47 PM#29
Originally posted by Wizardry

You will NEVER see movers,moving doors in f2p Asian games.You will also be lucky to see some of the buildings have insides at all.This is like doing less than half the effort when comes to quality graphics.

There is some nice architecture and nice viewscapes.Doing half the effort however negates the positives.Basically it is like a painting just a surface picture,i expect 3d.

It actually takes a lot more effort to create architecture inside a building and to decorate it with objects,which also take time to design.

However it does look nice from a painting point of view.

You dont understand. The whole place is open (compared to what's out now). Those aren't pictures. This is why I marvel at the world design. Swtor, TSW, GW2 come to mind when you say pictures.Nar Shdar, London, Divenities Reach.

 

Upstairs, down stairs, NPCs having tea, detailed with plants, wall hangings and the like. I even jumped over a wall one time and landed in a cauldren of water with a spash, and treaded water. Jump through windows whatever. How they were able to do this and keep perrformance so smooth is amazing.

 

This is not your run of the mill korean/asian game, I wouldn't be playing it if it was. AoW is made by Snail Games, one of the largest, if not the largest mmorpg company in China.

 

I might do a interior video for you.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

  SavageHorizon

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/14/13
Posts: 1567

4/08/13 7:50:16 AM#30
Originally posted by Wizardry

You will NEVER see movers,moving doors in f2p Asian games.You will also be lucky to see some of the buildings have insides at all.This is like doing less than half the effort when comes to quality graphics.

There is some nice architecture and nice viewscapes.Doing half the effort however negates the positives.Basically it is like a painting just a surface picture,i expect 3d.

It actually takes a lot more effort to create architecture inside a building and to decorate it with objects,which also take time to design.

However it does look nice from a painting point of view.

You have been answered, anything to say on that.

To many people make judgements without actually doing there homework. Once they have found to be wrong they seem to go awol and refrain from posting in the thread again lol.

Buildings are open in AOW just like they are in Vanguard, this is not Tera or your typical Asian or even western set up.

AOC-LOTRO-EQ2-RIFT last time i checked these were western games, right?

Coolermaster Cosmos II Case
Corsair AX1200W Modular PSU
Intel Core i7 3970X OC 4.50GHz
Asus P9X79 PRO Intel X7
16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-1866MHz
840 Series 250GB SSDs
Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDDs
EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN 6GB GDDR5 SLi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs

  Vonatar

Hard Core Member

Joined: 7/18/10
Posts: 581

4/08/13 7:58:18 AM#31

Good on you Bully! Lovely vids.

 

What people are not seeing in the vids is the light. The lighting in the game is top notch. Just see below:

Yes the textures are not sharp (nor are they in GW2) but the whole effect is quite wonderful. I have never enjoyed wandering around a virtual world as much as in AoW.

With npcs just going about their business and offline players performing their jobs (my favourite is the group of entertainers you see in towns - jugglers, fire breathers - all actual players who are offline) the world feels real and alive.

  Eladi

Advanced Member

Joined: 11/23/06
Posts: 1062

4/08/13 8:02:27 AM#32

AoW looks nice enough, when i played it i was not stunned by it but it was nice and captures the atmosphere just fine. Theres plenty of low end simple textures (mostly landscaping ground/rock textures)  but they are not very obvious.  its a decent to good game whit less then mediocre lore/translation but it has a awefull f2p cashshop model that prefents the game from becomming realy populair. the fact that only 2k gift keys are used right now at the on mmorpg.com AoW giveaway shows that people are burned by its earlyer hype moment.

 

 

  bcbully

Elite Member

Joined: 3/03/12
Posts: 7247

 
OP  4/08/13 8:39:06 AM#33
Originally posted by Eladi

AoW looks nice enough, when i played it i was not stunned by it but it was nice and captures the atmosphere just fine. Theres plenty of low end simple textures (mostly landscaping ground/rock textures)  but they are not very obvious.  its a decent to good game whit less then mediocre lore/translation but it has a awefull f2p cashshop model that prefents the game from becomming realy populair. the fact that only 2k gift keys are used right now at the on mmorpg.com AoW giveaway shows that people are burned by its earlyer hype moment.

 

 

3000k Gift keys have been given. Not bad for a weekend. Most hype has been by the players. It's good to see we are getting some help now with a couple banners :p To bad there are no TV commercials like Defiance *cough*

 

As far as the cash shop, it's no different than GW2, just change the term gems to gold. There is no armor, or weapons. Just cosmetics and horses. The nice thing about AoW's cash shop is that everything there can be bought in game. 

 

edit - heeey you post was off topic. You tricked me. Let's try to stay on world design please.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

  Snigerknud

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/14/13
Posts: 60

4/08/13 9:04:12 AM#34
I think the game looks great..not sure about the gameplay but will give it a try in 3 days :)
  alexanys1982

Novice Member

Joined: 8/12/08
Posts: 278

WTB a sandbox mmo with WoW's polish.

4/09/13 12:45:55 PM#35

Its really simple read carefully.

For those of us with taste worth anything, we know Age of Wushu is amazing and up there with Darkfall, Vanilla WoW, and EvE levels of immersion. We will have our awesome time playing this deep game, while the borderline racists masses dont even notice the game due to its foreign look and feel.

Thats exactly whats going on word for word, minus the p.r crap.

  bcbully

Elite Member

Joined: 3/03/12
Posts: 7247

 
OP  4/10/13 11:57:34 AM#36
Originally posted by alexanys1982

Its really simple read carefully.

For those of us with taste worth anything, we know Age of Wushu is amazing and up there with Darkfall, Vanilla WoW, and EvE levels of immersion. We will have our awesome time playing this deep game, while the borderline racists masses dont even notice the game due to its foreign look and feel.

Thats exactly whats going on word for word, minus the p.r crap.

what he said.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

  Kuppa

Novice Member

Joined: 9/24/10
Posts: 3443

The problem with censorship is ********

4/10/13 11:59:46 AM#37
Originally posted by alexanys1982

Its really simple read carefully.

For those of us with taste worth anything, we know Age of Wushu is amazing and up there with Darkfall, Vanilla WoW, and EvE levels of immersion. We will have our awesome time playing this deep game, while the borderline racists masses dont even notice the game due to its foreign look and feel.

Thats exactly whats going on word for word, minus the p.r crap.

Now you can be racist for not liking an art style?? Please don't go that low...just accept that fact that not everyone has your tastes.


  nbtscan

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/06/06
Posts: 463

4/10/13 12:11:48 PM#38

I think some people should run FFXIV: ARR's benchmark on max settings and see what that looks like.  It uses the same graphical quality you'd see in the game although it's pre-recorded scenes.

They don't even have DX11 support yet either.  (coming after launch)

  Naowut

Novice Member

Joined: 1/17/07
Posts: 657

4/10/13 12:28:24 PM#39

To the people comparing it to Age of Conan and the like, those are heavily instanced games and only because of that its possible to get those pretty graphics. And because of that they are also failed games.

 

 

2 Pages « 1 2 Search