Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Destiny | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,416 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,247,280
Snail Game | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/10/13)  | Pub:Snail Games USA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Wushu Forum » General Discussion » AoW Guild Wars - My words can't do it justice.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
34 posts found
  bcbully

Elite Member

OP  2/19/13 12:03:40 AM#1

So I'm not going to try to be fancy, the scope of the event is wider than my field of view. Think kingdom, now think kingdom divided. South West, South River, Central, North West, Northern.

Within those regions are towns, and schools

and most of all land.

Land with open world keeps. Keeps larger than Iron Forge, or Stormwind. Keeps for your guild to put their name on and build on, if you can take it, and defend it. There are only 30 or so of these keeps. There are hundreds of guilds. Guilds with hundreds of people. On top of that one guild can hold more than one keep. 

This is what is being fought for. This is why alliances are formed, this is why money can't even break these ties. This is why murdering and camping a newb might cost your guild something they will never get back. 

Goon Tang and allies went to war tonight with Magnum Opus and Allies. Magnum Opus took a beating, but held their land.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

austriacus

Novice Member

2/19/13 3:35:06 PM#2
Its the other way around, goontang took the beating, in fact they gave up in the last 2 minutes, at least last time they didnt give up till the last second
  bcbully

Elite Member

OP  2/19/13 5:29:04 PM#3
What happened in Chengdu after the war :p. Shinobi and Goons turned Aow into farmville. Idk how you guys held on. Shinobi had yall pinned in the basment for 40 mins :p For those who don't the lower level of these keeps are so big you need mounts to get around.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

django-django

Novice Member

2/19/13 6:29:22 PM#4

Man, I totally missed this fight, when was it?

Stupid AUS time zones.

Bakkoda24

Advanced Member

It's a whole new game.

2/19/13 7:17:07 PM#5
GoonTang has allies? That's surprising.
  bcbully

Elite Member

OP  2/19/13 7:30:50 PM#6
Originally posted by tommy-xx

Man, I totally missed this fight, when was it?

Stupid AUS time zones.

About 10 pst. Not to long after the War. It was as wild as I've seen Chengdu.

austriacus

Novice Member

2/19/13 7:42:41 PM#7
Originally posted by bcbully
What happened in Chengdu after the war :p. Shinobi and Goons turned Aow into farmville. Idk how you guys held on. Shinobi had yall pinned in the basment for 40 mins :p For those who don't the lower level of these keeps are so big you need mounts to get around.

Two things, first, we were the ones that camped shinobis and goontangs in chengdu with killing order for 1hour and 30 minutes, till they broguth every single one of them and it got kinda even. Second for the last two wars we have completely abandoned the upper levels. Theres no use defneding them because they dont really delevel if they get burnt and with their superior numbers it makes hard keeping the buildings that connect to the underground alive. Therefore we go straight to the throne room and spam spin to wins and pulls and turtle like mad because the space is so narrow their numbers mean nothing. They die like flys there. 

We keep winning because goons have no strategy, we keep three 6 man arrays up at all times and 3 music players. On the other hand goons try to zerg rush us without stop. To be honest last one was kinda pathetic. I always stay near the throne to kill any stray goons that happen to get in. Last time i got 16 kills, now i got 1. Thats how bad they were this time.

bcbully

Elite Member

OP  2/19/13 10:58:54 PM#8

@ Above

Ganked 2 demiz for 2 books tonight. I got ganked too, atleast they didnt get it 

IfrianMMO

Advanced Member

2/19/13 11:07:55 PM#9
The game looks promising o3o/

Wraithone

Advanced Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

2/19/13 11:10:23 PM#10
Originally posted by Bakkoda24
GoonTang has allies? That's surprising.

Goons usually do... They are known as canon fodder... ^^  Or is that little bees?... ^^

Alamareth

Apprentice Member

2/20/13 11:22:52 AM#11

The wars are fun, but mechanically terribly broken.  I'm fairly certain what we consider to be "guild wars" now, will be vastly different come release.

The specifics I'm not sure about, but I was under the impression the current Chinese version works in a very different way from ours.

I know AresPL understands most of the CN version, perhaps he would be so kind as to clarify?

AresPL

Novice Member

2/20/13 3:13:30 PM#12
nope, only diff is that later guild leader will be able to declare war on map for 24h where guild can freely pk enemy guild
  User Deleted
2/24/13 9:37:17 AM#13
I was surprised to see a significant number of Goons playing this game. I guess the social ineptitude of these fat, neck-bearded spergers means there will be groups of them in pretty much any MMO.
  bcbully

Elite Member

OP  2/24/13 10:01:15 AM#14
Originally posted by enik3
I was surprised to see a significant number of Goons playing this game. I guess the social ineptitude of these fat, neck-bearded spergers means there will be groups of them in pretty much any MMO.

They're a few EVE guilds here. They're streaming videos, passing out keys and recruiting other EVE players. 

Wraithone

Advanced Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

2/24/13 1:47:22 PM#15
Originally posted by enik3

Thats been my observation as well.  One tends to find Goonies in the oddest of places.  I've no doubt some are in Hello Kitty online adventure, if they have a chance to ruin someones play experience... ^^

cura

Advanced Member

2/24/13 1:55:52 PM#16
Definitely this game would be much better without spining techinques
  bcbully

Elite Member

OP  3/27/13 7:21:56 AM#17
Someone said that they've played many mmorpgs like AoW. hahaha

coretex666

Advanced Member

"I shall take your position into consideration"

3/27/13 7:34:32 AM#18

How much "constructing" can players do in this game?

I mean can a guild build their own city / castle or something like that?

Currently playing: L2 Chronicle 4

bcbully

Elite Member

OP  3/27/13 7:40:18 AM#19
Originally posted by coretex666

No the plot and structures are there. So no physical building. Your guild can activate/build those structures up so they can use them though. This is the one place I can give an edge to Archeage(from what I hear). It would be nice to construct from the ground up. They lose me with the questing for levels stuff though.

On the 10th, the tax system will be in play. Own two keeps in one area, your guild can then tax that areas sales.

coretex666

Advanced Member

"I shall take your position into consideration"

3/27/13 7:48:52 AM#20
Originally posted by bcbully
Originally posted by coretex666

No the plot and structures are there. So no physical building. Your guild can activate/build those structures up so they can use them though. This is the one place I can give an edge to Archeage(from what I hear). It would be nice to construct from the ground up. They lose me with the questing for levels stuff though.

On the 10th, the tax system will be in play. Own two keeps in one area, your guild can then tax that areas sales.

I havent tried this game myself, so I was wondering if there is also the constructing part. I am not criticizing the game.

On the contrary, these wars you described in the OP look awesome.

Currently playing: L2 Chronicle 4

2 Pages 1 2 » Search