Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,743 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,104
Snail Game | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/10/13)  | Pub:Snail Games USA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Wushu Forum » General Discussion » Crafting questions

8 posts found
  Thorkune

Spotlight Poster

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!

OP  1/18/13 12:25:29 PM#1

I can't find any information on this, so I though I would ask the knowledgable folks here:

Can I be a crafter in this game without having to engage in combat? I want to try crafting, but I don't want to deal with PvP. Is there anyway for a crafter to harvest resources without being ganked?

Or...should I just look elsewhere for my crafting fix?

Thanks in advance...

koboldfodder

Advanced Member

1/18/13 12:29:28 PM#2
No.  At some point, you will be ganked.  That is the nature of this game.  There is no safe area.
  Thorkune

Spotlight Poster

OP  1/18/13 12:33:16 PM#3
Originally posted by koboldfodder
No.  At some point, you will be ganked.  That is the nature of this game.  There is no safe area.

That's what I was afraid of...thanks Kobold!

bcbully

Elite Member

1/18/13 12:36:02 PM#4
Originally posted by bigsmiff

I can't find any information on this, so I though I would ask the knowledgable folks here:

Can I be a crafter in this game without having to engage in combat? I want to try crafting, but I don't want to deal with PvP. Is there anyway for a crafter to harvest resources without being ganked?

Thanks in advance...

Here's the thing while gathering you will have to be alert. You can go days, or even weeks w/o being attacked, but you will be eventually. You might p.o. someone by getting to the node before them or something.

About 3 hours ago, I met someone who is a pure trader. She does nothing but play the market and sell on consignment. There are people who just craft aswell. 

You don't have to fight to progress in AoW, but the fight will come to you at some point.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

Onomas

Novice Member

Sandbox is your only hope for a decent mmo ;)

1/18/13 12:42:34 PM#5

large land mass, you wont bump into hostiles daily. And make friends to help protect you.

Thats why i think its funny when everyone says they got ganked in a large open world. Translation = i didnt go outside the normal area and got attacked and lost.

I too am a major crafter, and will do so in this game. Being killed here and there wont take away from my goals. Atleast try it out for awhile. I would team up with fellow crafters, safety in numbers :)

saurus123

Hard Core Member

1/18/13 12:43:12 PM#6

Thanks in advance...

No

you will fight for resources all the time

atm game is empty becouse of 1h restriction for free players

when it change there will be non stop fight for resource

Thorkune

Spotlight Poster

OP  1/18/13 12:45:39 PM#7
Originally posted by bcbully

Thanks in advance...

Here's the thing while gathering you will have to be alert. You can go days, or even weeks w/o being attacked, but you will be eventually. You might p.o. someone by getting to the node before them or something.

About 3 hours ago, I met someone who is a pure trader. She does nothing but play the market and sell on consignment. There are people who just craft aswell. 

You don't have to fight to progress in AoW, but the fight will come to you at some point.

I figured there was no way to avoid it, but I was hoping that maybe there was a workaround for folks that do nothing but crafting. The only PvP I like is in a battleground setting, and I don't do that very often. It's a shame, because I really liked it up until I got ganked when I walked out of town for the first time. I just wish that I would have researched more before I bought the game lol. Thanks Bully

Gdemami

Elite Member

1/19/13 4:03:52 AM#8

Atrocious market UI and trading mechanics(no acution house), F2P, unbound silver, all items bind on equip, crafting based on loot drops and RNG.

I would not bother with this game if crafting and trading is your concern. The game has no economy to speak of and unlikely will with current layout.