Trending Games | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,353 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,246,849
Snail Game | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/10/13)  | Pub:Snail Games USA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Wushu Forum » General Discussion » The goldfarmers have invaded

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  bcbully

Elite Member

1/18/13 2:40:56 PM#21
Originally posted by tet666
Originally posted by botrytis
Originally posted by Opapanax

More and more are cropping up. Sucks..

I just blacklist, I've already got 4 names on there 3 of them actually spammers. I can already see that list growing into the tens easily by next week...

One guy? Idk probably a small team of guys..

They should ban most accounts that send the silver to said account and maybe even temp punish some of the players that purchased it in excess. Shaky approach to take but even a better report function and response would be good.

I rarely ever see GM's make live appearances in games anymore. If even for once or twice a day they'd pop up. They'd more than likely catch a few of the spammers and be able to handle it right then and there. While letting the server know on World chat that such and such has been banned for goldselling and anyone who has been purchasing should be careful before they get themselves banned also..

/shrug

I expected this of a Korean game - gold farmers everywhere in them.

You want a Korean game, you get gold farmers.

Its actually a Chinese game....

I said I wasn't going to tell him. Thank you.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Project Gorgon, and Combat Arms

1/18/13 9:38:27 PM#22
Originally posted by Psychow
Isn't this still beta? Who's buying?

I never understood that about beta, but people definitely are. Devs have noticed it, too, which is why they've started monetizing betas.

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fivoroth

Torvaldr

Elite Member

1/18/13 9:45:11 PM#23
Originally posted by Loktofeit

I never understood that about beta, but people definitely are. Devs have noticed it, too, which is why they've started monetizing betas.

This is one thing that really bugs me and I don't know why, but it just pokes me.  I hated it when ANet did it, Funcom, and the rest.  These guys are doing it.  Charging people to help you test their game just feels lame.

Curse you AquaScum!

GrayKodiak

Novice Member

1/19/13 12:14:26 AM#24
Originally posted by Torvaldr
Originally posted by Loktofeit

This is one thing that really bugs me and I don't know why, but it just pokes me.  I hated it when ANet did it, Funcom, and the rest.  These guys are doing it.  Charging people to help you test their game just feels lame.

It should be noted that the games basic system is well tested, the code has been through months of live release in China so we are really just dealing with localization

translations, the stateside hardware that kind of thing, the most obvious "Beta" nature is the hard restrictions they have on certain skills...the story line just stops at the first part for instance and the more advanced internals are not released in the US version....

But I do believe open beta starts in feb and, whenever it starts, they have said they are removing the time limit on free accounts so we will see how that goes.

Biskop

Novice Member

1/19/13 1:12:28 AM#25
Gold sellers suck but they exist in all games. Personally I don't care, I just block them and if I see a farming bot in AoW (which I haven't) I'd kill it. This game makes botting and gold selling a pain in the butt due to how the system's designed, and even though that won't stop some people it will at least slow them down.

As for the game being in beta: yes it's more like a soft launch. This is a common approach these days and while it may annoy some people that the word "beta" has lost its true meaning, everyone else will accept that times change and just enjoy the game. After all it's way better than all recent releases imo.

AresPL

Novice Member

1/19/13 3:19:14 AM#26
didnt know that WoW is korean 
  Isawa

Novice Member

1/19/13 3:31:20 AM#27
Originally posted by bcbully
Originally posted by kirak2009

i sold 100 iron ingots this morning for 30 unbound silver Liang,  took me an hour to collect the ore

I decided to do offline work lastnight, since Chengdu was filled with stalls. I log in this morning, 50 Liang! I always try and set my stall, never do offline work. This is what I've been missing!?!?

Haha haven't been playing much lately, but i'm always offline work and log in for the cash :)

Fdzzaigl

Elite Member

1/22/13 6:16:41 AM#28

Yeah, I think goldsellers will invade regardless of the two currency system (which I don't like either btw.).

There are still plenty of things to farm in this game, even if mob grinding is disabled, such as several resources and scrolls from instances etc., all of which can fetch ridiculous prices from people who are apparently willing to just throw money at it. The goldsellers can just sell it cheaper than the official rate.

The other day I found a bot or something standing at a hidden place in the world with a gold chest spawning there, just farming that.

Imo, the only way to prevent it, is to either have a lack of things that you can actuall farm, or to ban ban and ban them again.

TOR is the game with the least goldsellers I've ever seen, GW2 does relatively well on that front as well.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

VaultFairy

Advanced Member

1/22/13 6:22:40 AM#29

I've blacklisted a few people already and then it says that i am a fan... Err no! Wish i could set up a stall but i've been doing those quests and have 115L currently. Stopped playing for a while because the feels a bit overwhelming and there is so much to do. Haha.

Would be nice to find guild too while i am at it.

Sal1

Hard Core Member

1/22/13 10:02:32 AM#30
Originally posted by VaultFairy

I've blacklisted a few people already and then it says that i am a fan... Err no! Wish i could set up a stall but i've been doing those quests and have 115L currently. Stopped playing for a while because the feels a bit overwhelming and there is so much to do. Haha.

Would be nice to find guild too while i am at it.

Having a lot to do is a good thing! lol I use up my 1 hour alloted time so quickly with all the things that I want to try.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search