Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Gigantic | Landmark

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,689 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,225,816
Snail Game | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/10/13)  | Pub:Snail Games USA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
47 posts found
  GrayKodiak

Novice Member

Joined: 11/15/12
Posts: 576

1/10/13 11:30:47 PM#21

I am not saying this game is a graphic show case like some we are seeing coming out soon or even some from last year like GW2 on high, or even TSW in some areas but with the right setting it looks ok and definately has its own theme.

Landscape changes the most with the graphic settings.

Higher setting really nicen up the water, lighten up the distance while slightly fading it and do some small lighting on the character based on the scene lighting. It almost looks like a different area. They also improve fighting affects as well but I never have time to grab shots of that...as I am fighting.

I rarely take screen shots with anti aliasing on, because my rig just looses a few fps in that mode and in an open world pvp type game I don't want to be doing that but the results are nice when it is on. Is it Arch Age level graphics? Yea probably on my rig they would look the same because I don't run full pvp games at max most of the time (in fact I often run them with most things but draw distance turned all the way down), but I am sure you can squeeze better graphics out of a lot of newer AAA games like archage,I see some much nicer looking games on the horizon and I have played a few in the past. but these are certainly good enough and capture the setting very well and the engine is fantastic for mass combat as I never have drops even with the huge school battles.

  Sora2810

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/23/08
Posts: 567

1/10/13 11:40:15 PM#22
Originally posted by Grable

I just couldn't imagine Asia could produce an MMO such as Age of Wushu, honestly. When I heard that AoW is "EVE-like" and from Asia, I was like "yeah no way".

Tried it, impressed :)

The only concern I have is the possible pay2win...

Run that by me again; "EVE-like"? 

Signing up.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

  AresPL

Novice Member

Joined: 9/11/06
Posts: 290

1/11/13 4:32:33 AM#23
  Sal1

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/08/11
Posts: 173

1/11/13 9:03:01 PM#24
Originally posted by bluesugar
Originally posted by Izik
Originally posted by eyelolled
The graphics don't look very impressive,  adequate I guess.   To be honest, I haven't seen anything with it that appeals to me.  I would bet that many of the same people going on about how great this game is, end up going on about how some other game is within 2 months. Each to their own.

 

Graphics are fine. Game is pretty boring though... the combat is clunky, the pve instances are god awful, and there's just not that much to do unless you love crafting. Not to mention it is completely P2W with the sanctioned gold buying. Good intentions, but bad execution. Would love to see a similar game made by a AAA  American game developer.

Hmm, not for me in the slightest, but to each their own.  The graphics aren't going to win any awards, but the art is really great, and I feel like i'm in a world, not Disneyland with fake storefronts.  For some reason this game has grabbed me and not let go, but not in the usual way.  With other MMO's like GW2, EQ, WoW, etc, I have felt the need to end cap rush until burnout.  This game is really complex in many ways and I am just playing and exploring, without the OCD "itch" I get from any other mmo I have played.  I should hate Asian mmo's, but this one is just superb.

I feel the same way. Today I took a carriage ride from a city in the North to Yanying village just to see some of the game world I haven't ridden or walked through. And I could have teleported there in mere seconds!

  GrayKodiak

Novice Member

Joined: 11/15/12
Posts: 576

1/11/13 10:42:28 PM#25
Originally posted by Sal1
Originally posted by bluesugar
Originally posted by Izik
Originally posted by eyelolled
The graphics don't look very impressive,  adequate I guess.   To be honest, I haven't seen anything with it that appeals to me.  I would bet that many of the same people going on about how great this game is, end up going on about how some other game is within 2 months. Each to their own.

 

Graphics are fine. Game is pretty boring though... the combat is clunky, the pve instances are god awful, and there's just not that much to do unless you love crafting. Not to mention it is completely P2W with the sanctioned gold buying. Good intentions, but bad execution. Would love to see a similar game made by a AAA  American game developer.

Hmm, not for me in the slightest, but to each their own.  The graphics aren't going to win any awards, but the art is really great, and I feel like i'm in a world, not Disneyland with fake storefronts.  For some reason this game has grabbed me and not let go, but not in the usual way.  With other MMO's like GW2, EQ, WoW, etc, I have felt the need to end cap rush until burnout.  This game is really complex in many ways and I am just playing and exploring, without the OCD "itch" I get from any other mmo I have played.  I should hate Asian mmo's, but this one is just superb.

I feel the same way. Today I took a carriage ride from a city in the North to Yanying village just to see some of the game world I haven't ridden or walked through. And I could have teleported there in mere seconds!

I really like the random treasure scattered around, it is amazing how many people auto run by it even in populated areas. In the more difficult areas you can find golden boxes with better stuff in it. But its all random just for people who like to rummage around the map looking for odd places and the like.

  bcbully

Elite Member

Joined: 3/03/12
Posts: 7197

1/11/13 10:57:14 PM#26
All most home! Missed script steal event. I got the Scholor whirl skill lastnights event. White knuckle, heart pouding adventure. I should make it in time for school war. Hope I sold some stuff too. Uhg I'm jonesing..

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

  AresPL

Novice Member

Joined: 9/11/06
Posts: 290

1/12/13 4:42:33 AM#27
in future these treasure boxes will drop good skills, in chinese version people spend a lot time now to find them
  darker70

Apprentice Member

Joined: 10/21/08
Posts: 821

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

1/12/13 4:54:21 AM#28
Cranked my graphics to 1920X1080 full settings and get no lag the game is as smooth as butter,but if you want to appreciate the graphics pick a city then auto path to it and then you can appreciate how stunning the world is visually. 

  Jean-Luc_Picard

Elite Member

Joined: 1/10/13
Posts: 2738

There... are... four... lights!

1/12/13 5:20:35 AM#29

I find the graphics generally ugly, with a clearly dated graphics engine lacking essential, not even modern, features. But then, that's only one of the many negative points... the whole game is an unfinished bugged amateur work, bad translations, the combat feels clunky. And don't get me even started on the "pay to win" cash shop.

One day, a developer (a real one, not some amateur) will make a sandbox game with high production quality, and that game will be successful. But this game for sure isn't it.

Playing now: Archeage, WoW, Landmark, GW2

Top 3 MMORPGs played: UO, AC1 and WoW

Honorable mentions: AO, LotRO and GW2.

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.

  tyfon

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/23/09
Posts: 216

1/12/13 6:50:42 AM#30
Originally posted by Jean_Luc_Picard

I find the graphics generally ugly, with a clearly dated graphics engine lacking essential, not even modern, features. But then, that's only one of the many negative points... the whole game is an unfinished bugged amateur work, bad translations, the combat feels clunky. And don't get me even started on the "pay to win" cash shop.

One day, a developer (a real one, not some amateur) will make a sandbox game with high production quality, and that game will be successful. But this game for sure isn't it.

 

So, just joined, 2 anti AoW and one pro gw2 posts, spreading p2w word without backing it up. Hmmmmmm.

  mindw0rk

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/31/06
Posts: 1356

1/12/13 6:12:11 PM#31
How people can say this game has ugly graphics is beyond me. I already made more then 300 screenshots. While I made only a dozen when I played GW2 and even less in Archeage beta
  darker70

Apprentice Member

Joined: 10/21/08
Posts: 821

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

1/13/13 8:20:17 AM#32
Originally posted by mindw0rk
How people can say this game has ugly graphics is beyond me. I already made more then 300 screenshots. While I made only a dozen when I played GW2 and even less in Archeage beta

Not only the graphics the motion capture is stunning some of the best I've seen as they actually had a Wushu master doing all the motion work. I just can not see how this game could be done any better graphically and maintain the high tempo combat  and capture that era and the spirit of all those brilliant Kung Fu movies and fight scenes.

  parrotpholk

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/20/05
Posts: 3317

1/13/13 12:05:13 PM#33
Originally posted by mindw0rk
How people can say this game has ugly graphics is beyond me. I already made more then 300 screenshots. While I made only a dozen when I played GW2 and even less in Archeage beta

I love the graphics and style the game is presented in.  But lets be a little realistic.  Archeage blows this ones graphics out of the water.  I love AOW but AA is one of my most look forward to games out there in this genre.

  mindw0rk

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/31/06
Posts: 1356

1/13/13 9:20:13 PM#34
Originally posted by parrotpholk
Originally posted by mindw0rk
How people can say this game has ugly graphics is beyond me. I already made more then 300 screenshots. While I made only a dozen when I played GW2 and even less in Archeage beta

I love the graphics and style the game is presented in.  But lets be a little realistic.  Archeage blows this ones graphics out of the water.  I love AOW but AA is one of my most look forward to games out there in this genre.

Two screens made on high settings. You really think what is above "blows out of the water" what is below?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KUU83XMPDGY/UCiCWjG1RqI/AAAAAAAAAeM/_hxwoSHlg_8/s1600/archeage.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2999/screenwm.jpg

  GrayKodiak

Novice Member

Joined: 11/15/12
Posts: 576

1/13/13 10:56:18 PM#35
Originally posted by mindw0rk
Originally posted by parrotpholk
Originally posted by mindw0rk
How people can say this game has ugly graphics is beyond me. I already made more then 300 screenshots. While I made only a dozen when I played GW2 and even less in Archeage beta

I love the graphics and style the game is presented in.  But lets be a little realistic.  Archeage blows this ones graphics out of the water.  I love AOW but AA is one of my most look forward to games out there in this genre.

Two screens made on high settings. You really think what is above "blows out of the water" what is below?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KUU83XMPDGY/UCiCWjG1RqI/AAAAAAAAAeM/_hxwoSHlg_8/s1600/archeage.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2999/screenwm.jpg

They both look really good actually.

The problem with these types of screens is, on both of these games and almost every other game every...

you don't play in some crazy side view of your character. You are zoomed out to almost max so you can see more of the area...you have name plates over things, they are just as bad in AA as they are in AoW. It is not just asian mmo's even though they are rather known for awesome scenary with odd toons.

Eve has great amazing graphics...but you play it zoomed out half a mile from your ship so that the entire area becomes a bunch of HuD dots. I stopped listing graphics as a main concern when they all became good enough to not get in the way of the game. AA graphics are a plus but remeber

we all love the looks of the ui turned off but this is what we actually see most of the time

(from AA)

That is why AA looks fantastic but hopefully has so much more than just looks, and it appears that is the case I look forward to 2014 when it makes it state side.

  Sicc1

Novice Member

Joined: 11/12/07
Posts: 241

 
OP  1/13/13 11:04:11 PM#36
Not sure why people say AoW has bad visuals. They must be looking at screen shots on low settings or something. I have always ran it on ultra and it looks very good to me.

Darkfall - Sick
Earthrise - Sick

  Vhaln

Novice Member

Joined: 7/07/05
Posts: 3167

1/13/13 11:08:06 PM#37
Maybe the reason this isn't like other "Asian MMOs" could be because people are usually thinking of Korean MMOs when they say that.  This one is Chinese.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

  bcbully

Elite Member

Joined: 3/03/12
Posts: 7197

1/13/13 11:43:49 PM#38
Originally posted by Vhaln
Maybe the reason this isn't like other "Asian MMOs" could be because people are usually thinking of Korean MMOs when they say that.  This one is Chinese.

And there seems to be a BIG difference.  First Chinese mmo I've ever played. A damn good showing of what they can do.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

  mindw0rk

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/31/06
Posts: 1356

1/14/13 12:47:43 AM#39
Originally posted by GrayKodiak

you don't play in some crazy side view of your character. You are zoomed out to almost max so you can see more of the area...you have name plates over things, they are just as bad in AA as they are in AoW. It is not just asian mmo's even though they are rather known for awesome scenary with odd toons.

I actually play without templates no problem, and there is very little unnecessary info on my screen. When I run/ride long distance I usually turn off UI with hotkey

  GrayKodiak

Novice Member

Joined: 11/15/12
Posts: 576

1/14/13 1:37:07 AM#40
Originally posted by mindw0rk
Originally posted by GrayKodiak

you don't play in some crazy side view of your character. You are zoomed out to almost max so you can see more of the area...you have name plates over things, they are just as bad in AA as they are in AoW. It is not just asian mmo's even though they are rather known for awesome scenary with odd toons.

I actually play without templates no problem, and there is very little unnecessary info on my screen. When I run/ride long distance I usually turn off UI with hotkey

Yea most of my templates are off as well.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search