Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,335 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,246,788
Snail Game | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/10/13)  | Pub:Snail Games USA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Wushu Forum » General Discussion » So what do you do in this game?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
72 posts found
  Sky427

Novice Member

OP  1/03/13 7:42:41 PM#61

My shitty as internet connection has less than a gig left to download.

Thank you to those people who participated in the thread, I just woke up and spent my time reading through the thread. This game is definetly worth a damn from the little tales I've read some of you are lovely writers. I appreciate everyones input. 

See you all in age of wushu.

pwain

Novice Member

1/04/13 1:51:20 AM#62

I installed it yesterday and I wanted a sandbox game. But in the first hour I just run from A to B  with auto pathing and pressed "Yes" and "complete".

I will see what the next days bring. But the start was confusing and boring.

Biskop

Novice Member

1/04/13 3:45:47 AM#63
Yeah, the first hours are not really representative of the "real" game (unless you intend to quest a lot) and the tutorial translations need a lot of work.
  ZoNEE

Advanced Member

1/04/13 3:53:52 AM#64
Originally posted by Rimmersman

Age Of Wushu has alot of PVE content but it also has many other features. Their are many sorces of information about this game it,really isnt hard to find. I will say that i have moved from the US version to the russian which you can play in english. The russian version is way better than the US version of the game.

http://en.wulin.gpotato.eu/

Just wondering.. what makes the Russian version way better than the US version?

muthax

Apprentice Member

1/04/13 3:55:37 AM#65
Originally posted by ZoNEE
Originally posted by Rimmersman

Age Of Wushu has alot of PVE content but it also has many other features. Their are many sorces of information about this game it,really isnt hard to find. I will say that i have moved from the US version to the russian which you can play in english. The russian version is way better than the US version of the game.

http://en.wulin.gpotato.eu/

Well if you live in EU, the ping.

Also it doesn't limit the time you ca nbe online, like the NA do

Doogiehowser

Novice Member

1/04/13 4:01:39 AM#66

So i downloaded the game and really tried my best to get into it. I can even get past the asian art style but i just keep getting the feeling that i am playing some cheap Perfect World F2P MMO. Hey atleast i tried ;)

I will stick to EVE for now and wait patiently till Repopulation release.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

Vonatar

Hard Core Member

1/04/13 4:17:59 AM#67
Originally posted by ZoNEE

I have played both.

The Russian version has some small UI changes which I think are better. For example the text in the chat and system windows and onscreen messages are cleaner and sharper.  The task/quest window is a little better too. It basically looks like the current Chinese version whereas the US version looks a little different.

The Russian version includes the meridian system (acupoints to be opened by gaining chi which increase your stats)  and the ability to earn skill points to create combos with your skills without cooldowns. The US version doesn't have either of these. As far as I know meridians and combos were included in the Chinese version in August.

It all makes me think Snail Games took an older version of the client for localisation in the US, but that's just my assumption.

Plus currently the US version allows only 10 hours of play in the beta plus 1 hour a day thereafter unless you pre-purchase 60 days of VIP status. The Russian beta does not have a time restriction for any players (which is why many players moved to it).

Fdzzaigl

Elite Member

1/04/13 5:08:58 AM#68

How many issues are you having with well .. Russian .. on the Russian version? :p

I'm ok with not being able to communicate much, but in a game this complex it might be a good thing to find a few people to converse with now and then.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

muthax

Apprentice Member

1/04/13 5:39:01 AM#69
Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

How many issues are you having with well .. Russian .. on the Russian version? :p

I'm ok with not being able to communicate much, but in a game this complex it might be a good thing to find a few people to converse with now and then.

There is an english speaking guild from mmorpg.com (the details are in another thread, 'totally free wushu)

I am often online with nick 'sauzer' (from FOTNS not DB...), if you see me online and want to chat, I'll be happy to.

InFlamestwo

Apprentice Member

1/04/13 5:41:05 AM#70
I'm not been able to PvP, Duel or Spy on a school. Not sure how to do it and it doesn't say much ingame.

InFlamestwo

Apprentice Member

1/04/13 5:42:14 AM#71
Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

The russian version is totally free and you can play how much you want. In the US version you have to buy the game or you can only play for 1 hour each day of a maximum of 10 hours.

I dislike US versions of games, mostly they try to milk even when games are in beta. EU and RU have much better versions.

bcbully

Elite Member

1/04/13 7:47:11 AM#72
Originally posted by InFlamestwo
I'm not been able to PvP, Duel or Spy on a school. Not sure how to do it and it doesn't say much ingame.

You need to complete the first chapter of your school story, and your internal skill cultivation needs to be 5. So basically stay on the the story quest until it stops.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search