Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | EverQuest | WildStar

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,866 Users Online:0
Games:754  Posts:6,270,683
Snail Game | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/10/13)  | Pub:Snail Games USA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Wushu Forum » General Discussion » Not as good as Blade&Soul

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
43 posts found
  spoonone

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/13/06
Posts: 38

12/12/12 8:00:52 AM#21
From what I'm getting from the replies, a person can't like like thempark and sandbox. 
  lizardbones

Elite Member

Joined: 6/11/08
Posts: 10880

I think with my heart and move with my head.-Kongos

12/12/12 8:02:17 AM#22


Originally posted by Ewanis
Is it hard to play the Age of Wushu, if you dont know chinese ? If i would like to play it, what should i do ?


Learn Chinese. Dur. Mandarin Chinese is probably the easiest to learn.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

  Rimmersman

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/15/12
Posts: 911

12/12/12 8:05:19 AM#23
Originally posted by Ewanis
Is it hard to play the Age of Wushu, if you dont know chinese ? If i would like to play it, what should i do ?

 

It's just had it's first western beta the second starts on the 20th of December through till the 9th of January. Although the UI needs a bit of tweaking and some text needs to be read carefully it's not a problem, this is not the Chinese version.

  Ewanis

Apprentice Member

Joined: 2/02/04
Posts: 38

12/12/12 8:23:17 AM#24
Originally posted by lizardbones

 


Originally posted by Ewanis
Is it hard to play the Age of Wushu, if you dont know chinese ? If i would like to play it, what should i do ?



Learn Chinese. Dur. Mandarin Chinese is probably the easiest to learn.

 

I played Tera on korean server, and i dont know even one korean word, it wasnt hard to play there. What i ask is, do i realy need to know chinese to play it, or it will be to difficult.

  Ewanis

Apprentice Member

Joined: 2/02/04
Posts: 38

12/12/12 8:26:39 AM#25
Originally posted by Rimmersman
Originally posted by Ewanis
Is it hard to play the Age of Wushu, if you dont know chinese ? If i would like to play it, what should i do ?

 

It's just had it's first western beta the second starts on the 20th of December through till the 9th of January. Although the UI needs a bit of tweaking and some text needs to be read carefully it's not a problem, this is not the Chinese version.

But you have to pay to get in teh closed beta right ? This beta is eu or us ?

  mindw0rk

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/31/06
Posts: 1367

 
OP  12/12/12 8:44:49 AM#26
I put in some more hours in game and read some info. It looks like AoW has  much more into in then what lies on surface and I starting to like it. 
  Eladi

Novice Member

Joined: 11/23/06
Posts: 1063

12/12/12 8:51:54 AM#27

lol comparing a super success full in homeland sandbox FFA "realistic whit a flavour"  game to a high Fantasy already failed in homeland theme-park kitten game.  funny stuff

  User Deleted
12/12/12 8:53:39 AM#28
Originally posted by spoonone
From what I'm getting from the replies, a person can't like like thempark and sandbox. 

The OP stated that Blade and Soul was better but then listed themepark features as comparison.  The point is that he's judging a sandbox game based on themepark features.  They aren't the same kind of game.

  mindw0rk

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/31/06
Posts: 1367

 
OP  12/12/12 8:57:24 AM#29
Originally posted by Eladi

lol comparing a super suscess full in homeland sandbox FFA "realistic whit a flavor"  game to a high Fantasy already failed in homeland themepark kitten game.  funny stuff

B&S is not fantasy. And its still #1 MMO in Korea. 

  lizardbones

Elite Member

Joined: 6/11/08
Posts: 10880

I think with my heart and move with my head.-Kongos

12/12/12 9:42:36 AM#30


Originally posted by Ewanis

Originally posted by lizardbones  

Originally posted by Ewanis Is it hard to play the Age of Wushu, if you dont know chinese ? If i would like to play it, what should i do ?
Learn Chinese. Dur. Mandarin Chinese is probably the easiest to learn.  
I played Tera on korean server, and i dont know even one korean word, it wasnt hard to play there. What i ask is, do i realy need to know chinese to play it, or it will be to difficult.



I was being sarcastic.

The beta test shouldn't cost you anything. It can't hurt to try it out and see how hard it is to play.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

  lizardbones

Elite Member

Joined: 6/11/08
Posts: 10880

I think with my heart and move with my head.-Kongos

12/12/12 9:44:19 AM#31


Originally posted by mindw0rk

Originally posted by Eladi lol comparing a super suscess full in homeland sandbox FFA "realistic whit a flavor"  game to a high Fantasy already failed in homeland themepark kitten game.  funny stuff
B&S is not fantasy. And its still #1 MMO in Korea. 



It's not Western Medieval Fantasy, but there's there's a lot of fantasy happening in that game. It just happens to be a combination of Eastern Medieval Fantasy and Fantasy Physics.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

  Fearum

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/15/11
Posts: 1092

12/12/12 9:54:16 AM#32

B&S looks like hello-kitty meets street fighter themepark, AoW is more historical/low-fantasy sandbox.

I like both themepark and sandbox games when done right, so I'm not a themepark or sandbox hater here. The art style/theme has alot to do with the games I play. I really do not like anime style art, so B&S gameplay could be great but I will never play it because of the art alone.

  User Deleted
12/12/12 10:59:21 PM#33
Originally posted by mindw0rk
Originally posted by Eladi

lol comparing a super suscess full in homeland sandbox FFA "realistic whit a flavor"  game to a high Fantasy already failed in homeland themepark kitten game.  funny stuff

B&S is not fantasy. And its still #1 MMO in Korea. 

lol korean gamers are vastly different from the western mainstream gamers, imo korean gamers are used to grinding whereas we hate grinding just an example.

therefore #1 in Korea does not necessary mean they gonna be successful elswhere

just saying

  dancingstar

Hard Core Member

Joined: 11/19/11
Posts: 297

12/13/12 6:16:19 PM#34
For a bit I thought the imminent release of AoW was yet another one of the things that would weigh against the Blade & Soul's Western release doing anything other than crashing and burning even more spectacularly than Aion's, but on actually learning a bit more about the former game it becomes clear they're hardly in competition, for reasons that have been pretty adequately covered already.
  Vixious81

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/01/08
Posts: 5

12/15/12 1:36:27 AM#35

I guess people are willing to play this game mainly for its pvp while OP's points are bashing its single player value. i mean better story? cutscenes? in an mmo really? B&S has optional pvp flagging which is total fail.

a good sandbox pvp is the best storyline i could ask for in an mmo, while AoW wont nail it if think its still a good effort.

 

Pathfinding in aow is horrible i agree.

  Rimmersman

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/15/12
Posts: 911

12/15/12 7:56:51 AM#36
Originally posted by Vixious81

I guess people are willing to play this game mainly for its pvp while OP's points are bashing its single player value. i mean better story? cutscenes? in an mmo really? B&S has optional pvp flagging which is total fail.

a good sandbox pvp is the best storyline i could ask for in an mmo, while AoW wont nail it if think its still a good effort.

 

Pathfinding in aow is horrible i agree.

It's not just the PVP, AOW has many ,many options for different playstyles, it's a sandbox MMO. I can become a crafter and not PVE at all . I can become a bandit or farmer, it's a sandbox game that has no levels or classes, it's gives you freedom to do what you want.

Age Of Wushu also has PVE, the quests are your typical quest but it offers alot of PVE. It also has instanced raids & dungeons as well like "the villa of mountain peacock" yeah epic name lmfao.

Raids have normal mode and HAH(Hard As Hell) mode.

Normal Mode: Rank 2 Neigong Lv29 / Rank 3 Neigong Lv19; Max 12 men

Hard Mode: Rank 2 Neigong Lv36 / Rank 3 Neigong Lv27; Max 18 men

Hell Mode: Rank 3 Neigong Lv33 ; Max 18 men

In the game, a dungeon contains 6 members, and a raid contains two teams. You need to find other 11 swordsmen for the raid. There're no obvious roles such as tank, healer and DPSer in the PVE realm, and every class can become tanky, for a short time. And in the raid, there are many hidden traps which need to be solved only by Chinese knowledges, such as Five Elements.

 

Age Of Wushu has plenty of PVE with dungeons and raids if you want it but as long as you realise that it's a FFA PVP world as well before you play the game. Obviously if you are not in an instance then you raid other schools for their secrets.

Some features have not been seen in any MMO to date, innovation really does show in Age Of Wushu. If you are looking forward to ArcheAge then Age Of Wushu/Wulin is as close as you are going to get over the next two years or when ArcheAge comes to the west.

Plus the PVERS have to realise that the best weapons/armour in the game are player made, crafters are key to the whole player trading system.

Yeah pathfinding is not good.

  Jockan

Hard Core Member

Joined: 9/03/08
Posts: 4184

Playing Elder Scrolls Online and proving haters wrong one day at a time.

12/15/12 9:31:52 AM#37
Originally posted by Rimmersman
Originally posted by Mannish
This game cant compare to Blade and Soul.  

 

It's not trying to lol, sandbox FFA and themepark, what's there to compare.

 

 

Age Of Wushu is not a sandbox. Its just another themepark game trying to so some minor things different and I give it points for that but these types of low budget free to play games times have passed. There are just better FTP games out there now to play like Vanguard, Aion, Everquest 2 and Planetside 2 with more comming like Neverwinter. Not saying its a bad game but comparing it to high quality game like Blade and Soul is just laughable.

 

  AresPL

Novice Member

Joined: 9/11/06
Posts: 290

12/15/12 10:36:58 AM#38

its not 100% snadbox but around 70% in next year patch in chiense version will allow making own fighting styles

 

was in CB of B7S and AoW, wouldnt play B&S even as F2P, nothing new just nice graphic

  Jockan

Hard Core Member

Joined: 9/03/08
Posts: 4184

Playing Elder Scrolls Online and proving haters wrong one day at a time.

12/15/12 11:17:31 AM#39
Originally posted by AresPL

its not 100% snadbox but around 70% in next year patch in chiense version will allow making own fighting styles

 

was in CB of B7S and AoW, wouldnt play B&S even as F2P, nothing new just nice graphic

 

 

Nope, its a themepark and making your own fighting styles has nonthing to do with it being a sandbox or not. 

  Rimmersman

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/15/12
Posts: 911

12/15/12 11:51:10 AM#40
Originally posted by Mannish
Originally posted by Rimmersman
Originally posted by Mannish
This game cant compare to Blade and Soul.  

 

It's not trying to lol, sandbox FFA and themepark, what's there to compare.

 

 

Age Of Wushu is not a sandbox. Its just another themepark game trying to so some minor things different and I give it points for that but these types of low budget free to play games times have passed. There are just better FTP games out there now to play like Vanguard, Aion, Everquest 2 and Planetside 2 with more comming like Neverwinter. Not saying its a bad game but comparing it to high quality game like Blade and Soul is just laughable.

 

Did you read what i said, sandbox and themepark= hybrid. Age Of Wushu is a hybrid MMO just like ArcheAge.

And to call Age Of wushu: just another themepark is lauaghable at best.

Are you delustional lol, who is comparing Age Of Wushu to B&S? only the OP lol.

The games share nothing in common other than both being a MMO and running up walls or flying.

At least read the whole thread before you comment, you would be supprised how helps before you comment in a thread.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search