Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,857,288 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,242,895
Snail Game | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/10/13)  | Pub:Snail Games USA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Wushu Forum » General Discussion » Age Of Wushu - The Best MMO I Have Played

5 posts found
  malcombex

Apprentice Member

OP  11/25/12 7:36:12 AM#1

Quick run down. The game has been in development for aprox 4 years and released in china where is got aprox 20 million users.

In the USA its called Age of Wushu - in europe its called Age of Wullin but they are the same game and both are at closed beta stage and i intend to play both - heres why. The game is set in ancient China, not a traditional fantasy setting.The game is not about questing as in going from a to b kill mobs and repeat and then realising that your bored to tears. Its not a typical asian grind fest. Its an open world where you will spend your time perfecting your Kung Fu with practice and study in order to defend your schools honour in open pvp. Not a simple game, its very complex as others schools may have a spy amung you - so you will need to patrol and try to detect them.The aconomy is also complex , everything is manufactured by the players - food plays an important roll there are farms that need to be cultivated and protected , there are player criminals and player police force.As a said its not a game to see who gets to level cap first and then quit. The closest games i would compare it to would be a cross between Eve online and good old days of Star Wars Galaxies all set in a realistic, historical world - and its fantastic.

The graphics engine works well ,very smooth and very beautiful - the combat is also more complex than first meets the eye its not a click fest - its a head game with a combination of blocks , attacks, counters and finishes and if all else fails leg it. an extra part of the combat is the wait for it - FLYING yes well sort of , you see the game is not only visualy stunning but it takes a leaf out most of the latest kung fu movies  - Crouching Tiger. Trust me this adds so much fun to the game to pull of an escape across a roof top after a kill is what makes life worth living.

The sound track is fantastic aswell and helps alot with immersion although there is no voice dialogue at all.

There is so much to this game its impossible to tell you in one go - the next beta i think is at the end of december. so anyone looking for an open sanbox world and bored of the current mmo games. i suspect there is alot of you, judging by the amout of negative comments about the latest mmo titles.I urge you to try this game  - not because its free but because its awsome.

AresPL

Novice Member

12/15/12 11:05:30 AM#2
  Yalexy

Novice Member

12/15/12 11:09:32 AM#3

FFA PvP paired with a F2P-model is sure a lot of fun /sarcasm off

mrBurns210

Novice Member

12/15/12 11:16:06 AM#4

I agree.

It is the mmo I have been looking for a huge ffa open world  with a deep crafting system, gaphically beautiful and low fantasy ( nice to play something without elves, trolls and magic) The combat is different  and not the best but  it does allow for players to have a much more say in combat. I was starting to get the hang at the end of last beta as such began to enjoy it  myself.

AresPL

Novice Member

12/15/12 11:21:46 AM#5

well atm only fantasy are raid bosses, weakest one fire turtle, stronger snow ape with big sword deals 3k dmg per hit >< and 3rd vulture

there are also mini raids but humanoids these can be taken by 40-50ppl