Grinding Gear Games has announced that the open beta for its much-anticipated action-RPG, Path of Exile, will officially kick off on January 23rd. The open beta will also mark the debut of Act 3, an area of the game that closed beta testers have not yet seen.
Key features of Path of Exile:
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Build unlimited unique characters on a gigantic skill tree
- Combine over 110 skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Download and play for free, but never 'pay-to-win'
- Explore randomly generated levels for extreme replayability
- Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other exiles in a persistent online world
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode
- Battle in PVP tournaments for worldwide recognition
Find out more on the Path of Exile site.