Trending Games | Swordsman | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,909 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,824
Grinding Gear Games | Play Now
Action MMO | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 01/23/13)  | Pub:Grinding Gear Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Path of Exile Forum » General Discussion » Do not miss out on this game.

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Search
169 posts found
  HeroEvermore

Apprentice Member

Banned 18 times and counting.

OP  2/02/13 2:29:08 AM#121
They offer glowy hats and weapon glows and some pets. Also extra character slots (you already start with plenty, 24). It truly is 100% free to play with no pay to win what-so-ever. Hope you enjoy it like the other 250k of us playing daily lol

Hero Evermore
Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

Zeus.CM

Novice Member

www.croatian-maniacs.com

2/02/13 2:30:09 AM#122
Originally posted by HeroEvermore
They offer glowy hats and weapon glows and some pets. Also extra character slots (you already start with plenty, 24). It truly is 100% free to play with no pay to win what-so-ever. Hope you enjoy it like the other 250k of us playing daily lol

That's an awesome deal. I'll download this today! :)

HeroEvermore

Apprentice Member

OP  2/02/13 2:32:21 AM#123
Have fun building a unique character! Thats what its all about! Love the skill tree. I truly have just free styled it and I am loving the outcome!

Hero Evermore

Zeus.CM

Novice Member

www.croatian-maniacs.com

2/02/13 2:33:37 AM#124
Originally posted by HeroEvermore
Have fun building a unique character! Thats what its all about! Love the skill tree. I truly have just free styled it and I am loving the outcome!

Yeah! I saw it in some preview video on youtube and I was blown away of how many posibilities there are.

MurlockDance

Elite Member

2/02/13 3:02:09 AM#125

As a big fan of ARPGs, I will most likely give this a shot. Only problem is, I am not sure I *need* another addictive game at the moment

Currently playing WoW, ToR, TL2 and a bit of GW2 here and there.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

Muppetier

Apprentice Member

2/02/13 3:23:53 AM#126

Gender locked classes

No character customisation

Server crashes that cause an entire dungeon to respawn just as you are about to get to the last boss. No offline mode to get round this.

Grouping mechanics that have not advanced in ten years

But enjoyable and challenging gameplay with good looking,dark and atmospheric dungeons. Interesting itemisation and skill tree.

Well worth trying.

Vannor

Hard Core Member

2/02/13 3:38:15 AM#127
Originally posted by Muppetier

Gender locked classes

A lot of people are complaining about the gender locks and it's purely because they they don't understand the skill system properly. If you fully understood the skill system you would know that you can make any class and any gender be or do whatever you want. There are no classes in this game, just starting points on the passive skill tree. Every class can do everything another class can with the right passive build and I mean 'everything'.

As for no charcter customisation.. I guess you mean appearance choices. Which is correct.. not that it matters though since you'll be fully kited in armor from head to toe eventually and wouldn't see those choices anyway.

Muppetier

Apprentice Member

2/02/13 5:49:00 AM#128
Originally posted by Vannor

Gender locked classes

A lot of people are complaining about the gender locks and it's purely because they they don't understand the skill system properly. If you fully understood the skill system you would know that you can make any class and any gender be or do whatever you want. There are no classes in this game, just starting points on the passive skill tree. Every class can do everything another class can with the right passive build and I mean 'everything'.

As for no charcter customisation.. I guess you mean appearance choices. Which is correct.. not that it matters though since you'll be fully kited in armor from head to toe eventually and wouldn't see those choices anyway.

Start a Witch and turn her into a marauder you will forever be saddled with  useless intellect and lacking some strength. Probably not a major hinderence at the top level but not the best build.

Did not particularly bother me because I always wish to play male warriors, female archers and female sorcerers which is  what the game gives you.

Vannor

Hard Core Member

2/02/13 6:39:25 AM#129
Originally posted by Vannor

Gender locked classes

Start a Witch and turn her into a marauder you will forever be saddled with  useless intellect and lacking some strength. Probably not a major hinderence at the top level but not the best build.

Did not particularly bother me because I always wish to play male warriors, female archers and female sorcerers which is  what the game gives you.

Depends, unless you go blood magic then mana is useful to every class.. INT gives that. The extra INT can also allow you to use some decent INT gems.. like added lighting damage or increased critical damage support gems or all the elemental debuff skills. It'd probably work out better than going full strength, more utility. Not to mention being able to wear some decent energy shield armor if you wanted. Single stat builds tend to worse overall anyway.

The biggest problem with class choice is the quest rewards. But you can still get all the things you need in no time, especially if you trade for them.

Here's an example of 2H Axe witch I quickly put together.. link

There is nothing wrong with that build. Short on strength? not with 400+, wouldn't have mana issues either.

Phayz

Apprentice Member

2/02/13 6:41:01 AM#130
Only thing I don't like about this game is the loot system in groups (loot timers need to be longer imo)...other than that, I absolutely love this game.
  Fuggly

Novice Member

2/02/13 6:44:59 AM#131
The only thing I dont like is the PvP, its very bad. Just got smashed as a lv15 vs a lv28. Nice matchmaking there...............the 3v3 is a little better. 

Meriik

Apprentice Member

2/02/13 7:03:00 AM#132
Originally posted by Fuggly
The only thing I dont like is the PvP, its very bad. Just got smashed as a lv15 vs a lv28. Nice matchmaking there...............the 3v3 is a little better. 

They -just- implemented the system so give them a little time and we'll have a fully fleshed out pvp system, they arent blizzard they'll have some good dueling and matchmaking before the official release :).

HeroEvermore

Apprentice Member

OP  2/02/13 7:55:50 AM#133
I agree about the loot timers. They should be 30-60 seconds long. We cant stop to get our loot during a fight and if we dont we probably just lost our loot.... I have soloed my way to act 2 in mericless now, not easy stuff. :D

Hero Evermore

HeroEvermore

Apprentice Member

OP  2/04/13 5:28:55 AM#134

Level 61 now and I found my first map! To bad it was normal! Doh! Found it in a lvl 59 area. Map lvl 67 O.o Eek!

Im pretty much geared in 4 Link Unique/Oranges now that help my fire build and resists. Resists resists resists. It's the win button in this game for reals hehe. Still haven't had a Greater Multiple Objectile drop for me :/ I want to hook that up with a fireball and spell totem, while I make it rain 20% quality Firestorm with Area of Effect Gem and Increased Quality since Firestorm is usally the kill stealer. Sure loving this game while I await other mmorpgs. Such a good casual game that doesn't make me feel like I have to put infinite time or money into it for satisfaction. I feel like farming I farm. If i feel like leveling/questing I do that. I usually progress a ways and when i unlock a new map or quest I will go farm something easy to finish off the level. XP loss on merciless is like 15%. No bueno hehe! Gotta love losing 50% on a boss sometimes and facepalming yourself for doing it! :D

Hero Evermore

HeroEvermore

Apprentice Member

OP  2/05/13 5:35:25 AM#135
Originally posted by Meriik
Originally posted by Fuggly

They -just- implemented the system so give them a little time and we'll have a fully fleshed out pvp system, they arent blizzard they'll have some good dueling and matchmaking before the official release :).

This game is not a pvp game. It will not be balanced for a pvp game. It is not an esports game. You will probably see very little to no pvp updates. This game is about combat and shiny loot and a huge arse skill tree. I'm pretty sure they just opened the pvp area to say "lol @ D3 for not having pvp, cause we got it."

Hero Evermore

sodade21

Apprentice Member

2/05/13 11:26:50 AM#136
is this game beta? it gonna wipe the characters for the final release?
sodade21 Xfire Miniprofile
  Drolkin

Apprentice Member

2/05/13 11:28:38 AM#137
Got bored at 48 and uninstalled.  Started playing D3 again, lol.
  azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

2/05/13 11:34:42 AM#138
Sorry getting disconnected every 5 ins is the mark of a horribly developed game.  I jsut do not like ARPG's any more, to much clicking 1 button and dieing and returning is every time consuming and you will die alot.  Melee is horribly unbalanced compared to ranged attacks.  Sorry this isnt a good game at all.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

HeroEvermore

Apprentice Member

OP  2/05/13 10:13:05 PM#139
Originally posted by sodade21
is this game beta? it gonna wipe the characters for the final release?

This game will have NO MORE WIPES. It is labled open beta but it may as well be live. It just has some bugs as do all games.

Act 3 merciless is SO HARD!!!! Even farming xp is a little tough because you can just walk into 3 snakes and you die from that if you are squishy like me haha! I will probably go back to the ledge and farm it for awhile for super easy xp and drops.

Peace and love. This games so fun :D

Hero Evermore

HeroEvermore

Apprentice Member

OP  2/05/13 10:15:11 PM#140
Originally posted by azzamasin
Sorry getting disconnected every 5 ins is the mark of a horribly developed game.  I jsut do not like ARPG's any more, to much clicking 1 button and dieing and returning is every time consuming and you will die alot.  Melee is horribly unbalanced compared to ranged attacks.  Sorry this isnt a good game at all.

LOL. You get dc every 5 mins? Thats horrible. Im fromt he US and i dont get dc. Im not a huge fan of the control styles of ARPGs either. I feel like i should be able to move with WASD or at least my arrow keys but oh wells. Thats not how it was designed. Doesn't take away from it for me.

As to "Sorry this isn't a good game at all". I know hundreds of thousands who would disagree with you. Myself included. May not be your cup of tea, but its an amazing game and the numbers prove it.

Hero Evermore

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Search