Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,790,483 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,194,116
Grinding Gear Games | Play Now
Action MMO | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 01/23/13)  | Pub:Grinding Gear Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Path of Exile Forum » General Discussion » Dual Wield/AS/Block

5 posts found
  WikileaksEU

Novice Member

OP  11/01/13 9:31:44 AM#1

Have anyone tried a dual wield build with attack speed and block? i'm like level 13 on my Duelist right now and i use the teleport,double strike and flame trap. I'd like some AoE, like a whirlwind but i can't seem to find one for dual wield. I'm sure i will get better skills as i level up, but if you have any tips please add them to this thread. 

Myrdynn

Hard Core Member

11/13/13 10:09:39 PM#2

reroll a shadow and get your duelist a "reave" gem, it will take over as your main attack, and does a ton of stacking dps

Sengell

Novice Member

12/03/13 10:47:07 AM#3
that doesn't make sense. When he wants to block a lot he should remain duelist. You can choose any gem regardless of class. Whirling blades and cyclone would be the common choice for that playstyle.
  TalRasha

Advanced Member

1/21/14 3:57:24 AM#4
Originally posted by WikileaksEU

Have anyone tried a dual wield build with attack speed and block? i'm like level 13 on my Duelist right now and i use the teleport,double strike and flame trap. I'd like some AoE, like a whirlwind but i can't seem to find one for dual wield. I'm sure i will get better skills as i level up, but if you have any tips please add them to this thread. 

Whirlwind such as Cyclone? The Cyclone gem works fine with dual wield.

Other options for AoE are: Reave or Melee splash support gem for your double strike. But those are not like a whirlwind.

MurlockDance

Elite Member

1/26/14 6:03:11 AM#5
Originally posted by Sengell
that doesn't make sense. When he wants to block a lot he should remain duelist. You can choose any gem regardless of class. Whirling blades and cyclone would be the common choice for that playstyle.

I think what the poster above you meant is that the OP can roll a shade to get a reave gem for his duelist, nothing about playing a shade instead of a duelist. IIRC he can roll a Ranger too and get the reave gem pretty quickly.

I sometimes do that too: roll a low strength character, for example, to pick up a gem that I can't get easily otherwise on some other kind of character.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.