Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,837 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,735
Grinding Gear Games | Official Site
Action MMO | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 01/23/13)  | Pub:Grinding Gear Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Path of Exile Forum » General Discussion » Path of Exile really?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
34 posts found
  Mardukk

Spotlight Poster

5/07/13 9:34:11 PM#21
Originally posted by centkin

The problem I have with path of exile is how very very slow the levelling gets near the end and just how very nasty the death penalty gets.  I do not like the idea of playing a game for a full week or longer with the hopes of gaining a level. 

People always say how slow the levelling was in Everquest, but really it was never as bad as most FTP grind games of the current day.  I mean the worst I think EQ ever got was 2 blue in an hour and that was 8% of a level per hour.  Things were even easier back before expansions.  I used to want to get out of the long levels(35,40,45) and I would usually manage to grind them out in a single day. 

I find it hard to believe you even played EQ in the early 2000's.  I would solo a mob that was even con and the blue line wouldn't move.  Soloing the mob would also take a very long time so good luck killing much in an hour.  I'm guessing you never soloed in EQ.

POE slow leveling is the least of it's worries.

redcapp

Novice Member

5/08/13 3:51:56 PM#22
Originally posted by StonesDK
The game wouldn't even be on anybody's radar if it wasn't for the D3 fiasco. People needed a game to run crying to.

I hardly love the game like some do, but this is not true honestly.  This game was generating interest long before D3 was released.

filmoret

Advanced Member

OP  5/08/13 7:01:01 PM#23
I downloaded it then tried playing it for about 15 seconds.  Suddenly I got a flashback to Diablo 2 and started sweating.  Immediately I picked up my computer and threw it out the window.  Now I am free again.
  StonesDK

Hard Core Member

5/09/13 5:23:25 PM#24
Originally posted by redcapp
The game wouldn't even be on anybody's radar if it wasn't for the D3 fiasco. People needed a game to run crying to.

I hardly love the game like some do, but this is not true honestly.  This game was generating interest long before D3 was released.

Nowhere near the interest it would have gotten otherwise. Had D3 not been such a fail, then that's what everybody would be playing. Almost every D3 whine thread contained somebody saying "I'm playing PoE instead" hell some of those threads were major advertisements for PoE

thinktank001

Hard Core Member

5/16/13 1:40:58 PM#25

Nowhere near the interest it would have gotten otherwise. Had D3 not been such a fail, then that's what everybody would be playing. Almost every D3 whine thread contained somebody saying "I'm playing PoE instead" hell some of those threads were major advertisements for PoE

Many of the current POE players enjoyed D3 at release.   It was the constant nerfing of the difficulty that killed D3.

eyeqdk

Novice Member

5/31/13 2:19:49 AM#26

I played D2 ALOT... and sorry. I just cant se where PoE is "like" D2... 

If you are talking about hack and slahs ARPG, then yes.. they do look alike... but then there is ALOT of games like that.. torchlight... Titan quest... and so on. 

Pleas tell me, where this game is like D2... 

Saying PoE is like D2... is saying that DOOM 1 from the 90s is like BF4 from 2013... both are fps, so they are the same?

MikeJezZ

Novice Member

Only in death, does duty end.

6/01/13 7:48:13 AM#27

I am surprised so many people are actually hating Diablo II in here.

On the official Diablo III forum, people are bashing Blizzard and especially Jay Wilson for removing the roots so much that it is frankly only the name that's left from the original game.

In here people bash Diablo II.

And I really dont understand why.

Do people hate detailed leveling, and just want the game to do it for you, like Diablo III does?

Diablo II were 30 % RPG, and 70 % Action

Diablo III is 5% RPG, and 95% action.

Playing ATM: Elder Scrolls Online, Diablo 3
MMO's shelted: Check my mmorpg profile
KICKSTARTED: Camelot Unchained. (250 USD)

zymurgeist

Hard Core Member

6/01/13 8:01:22 AM#28
Originally posted by redcapp

That's alright. D3 was generating hate as soon as it was announced. People will bash on anything because all the other cool kids are doing it. Thoughtful criticism is as rare as hens teeth these days. The mechanics behind PoE are fine. It's a bit ugly and clunky but they didn't have the budget for much else. It does look worlds better than D2 though.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

sibs4455

Novice Member

6/01/13 8:34:11 AM#29

Diablo2 median_xl mod will always have a place on my pc, also Diablo1 hd mod is due out soon (not checked for a while on hd mod), the old classic games still have a place in most gamers hearts.

Arpg are fast with frantic action, a none stop killing orgy with lots of loot, also you have online co-op play ... which can make these type of games a lot more fun than some of the mmorpg that are on the market.

PoE is a free2play arpg, the cash shop is all fluff stuff ... just how f2p games should be, still the game has issues eg  dsync for melee hardcore  charactors, but hopefully the devs will sort out all the problems with the game before release.

There is a arpg called Grim Dawn that has just gone alpha, this game looks loads of fun too.

ThomasN7

Novice Member

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” - Mordin Solus

10/24/13 2:10:11 PM#30
Making a dual wield dex fighter and having a blast so far.
  Omali

Hard Core Member

10/24/13 2:18:43 PM#31
OP's argument can be summed up as 'I don't understand why people have different opinions than me."

thinktank001

Hard Core Member

10/24/13 2:28:41 PM#32

There is not much to like about this game after the 1.00 patch.  It feels more like a D3 clone than a D2 clone.   

Zezda

Novice Member

10/24/13 3:28:56 PM#33
Originally posted by thinktank001

There is not much to like about this game after the 1.00 patch.  It feels more like a D3 clone than a D2 clone.   

You're 100% correct, I especially liked the part where you backed up your claim with evidence.

danmax67

Advanced Member

10/24/13 3:36:59 PM#34
I dunno. I like PoE. It's my guilty little pleasure escape from my more 'serious' mmo life.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search