Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | Crowfall | H1Z1

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,931,233 Users Online:0
Games:764  Posts:6,340,334
Grinding Gear Games | Official Site
Action MMO | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 01/23/13)  | Pub:Grinding Gear Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Path of Exile Forum » General Discussion » Horrible initial experience with the game

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  Moghidin

Novice Member

OP  3/31/13 4:44:54 PM#21
Originally posted by huskie77
Originally posted by Moghidin

I agree with the poster above me, but not quite the same level of annoyance. I understand the OP is frustrated, but from the information we have, you have tried little to resolve it and have ignored the advice of others including myself. The problem IS on your end to some degree. The client is working on the vast majority of systems. Almost everyone can connect and play just fine. Either there is a compatability issue with your particular hardware(which would help if you posted) or it is some sort of user error. If your system is in line with their posted specs and you are not using anti-virus and/or wireless then you need to report it to their support so they can address it.

Can you help us help you and help others?

My system is above their specs. Why shouldn't I be using anti-virus while connected to the internet? 

But here are the specs:

AMD A10-5800k APU

16Gb DDR3 RAM

Windows 7 64-bit OS

Norton Antivirus 2013 (disabling it didn't solve enything btw)

What of the above PoE may not like?

Thanks for posting this. Two more quick questions. Are you connecting with wireless(silly I know, but they are reporting problems for some people doing this) and second what graphics card(GPU) are you using. Thanks!

EDIT: To answer your question, anti-virus programs often interfere with game client/server connections and Norton is a big offender. Many anti-virus clients have what is known as a "game mode" to attempt to address this well known issue.

I do not use wireless. The CPU has an integrated GPU.

Besides that it doesn't look like graphics problem. It looks like some wired launcher/connection problem.

Sometimes also the launcher goes straight to login screen, but sometimes it's stuck on "checking resources" forever. That's besides connection problems.

huskie77

Advanced Member

3/31/13 5:02:03 PM#22

We are starting to get this narrowed down a bit more.  Can you please update your graphics drivers to the most recent then reboot and retry the game? http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

edit: The game get's stuck on "checking for resources" for a long time for many of us. Sometimes it take 3 minutes and I have a quad core running at 4.5Ghz. It's just poorly optimized

Moghidin

Novice Member

OP  3/31/13 5:59:37 PM#23

We are starting to get this narrowed down a bit more.  Can you please update your graphics drivers to the most recent then reboot and retry the game? http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

edit: The game get's stuck on "checking for resources" for a long time for many of us. Sometimes it take 3 minutes and I have a quad core running at 4.5Ghz. It's just poorly optimized

And suddenly it started to work. After it passed the dreaded login it all worked fine and ithout lag for an hour untill I logged off. And I didn't change a thing on my side.

huskie77

Advanced Member

3/31/13 6:06:32 PM#24
Glad it worked out for you! I hope you enjoy the game after all you went through.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search