Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,785,135 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,708
Grinding Gear Games | Play Now
Action MMO | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 01/23/13)  | Pub:Grinding Gear Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Path of Exile Forum » General Discussion » Best online game I ever played!

7 posts found
  Raserei

Novice Member

OP  2/15/13 9:13:56 AM#1

I only play online multiplayer games so this game, to me, is the best game I ever played.

I have played a ton of games since 1997. Mostly MMO's and online RPG's like Everquest, Diablo, DAoC, Titan Quest, ect....

Path of Exile poses a great challenge on HARDCORE league but at the same time, it's rewarding. You get to keep your hardcore stash/bank so when you die, you keep your "wealth". Wealth is measured by the amount of currency you have and trade goods. This is the first game I played where there is no gold or platinum or any type of money. It is 100% bartering which makes this that much better. Everytime my character dies, it's a learning experience and I keep getting better and better at the game. I'm finally able to get to level ~60 in merciless mode whereas a week ago, I was stuck in Act 3 cruel for a while.

#1 game of all time for me.

HeroEvermore

Apprentice Member

Banned 18 times and counting.

2/16/13 1:20:38 PM#2

Glad you are loving the game! I am as well! Did my first 6 end game maps today! SO FUN!!!

Finally beat act 3 on my 2 characters so that opened up the end game!

I have put over 5 days of playtime into this during open beta now. I am still getting more into the game as i figure things out. There is always room to grow and tailor your character. I made some substantial tweaks today and ditched liek 7 points in crit for some hp and was very hapy with the outcome! Even if you mess up on your character here n there its really not abig deal at all. By the time I hit lvl 69 today I probably respecd 20 points of my build here n there with 0 frustration or need to spam for regret orbs. Just had a ton of respecs from qsts as well as items from the ground.

Cant wait to do some more end game maps! I had 4 maps which lead to me finding 2 more so I did 6 total. 2/3 times i had this horribly small boss room i failed. One time i beat it with pure luck lol! Sucks failing at those bosses when you dont find maps that commonly but thats what the normal maps are for also! Burning ground is anoying in maps....my poor summons just keep getn there feet burned..

Hero Evermore
Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

jpnole

Apprentice Member

2/16/13 2:36:39 PM#3
Gotta agree here. One of my favorites with no other games even coming close to competeing right now. For now PoE has my top spot.
  Myrdynn

Hard Core Member

2/16/13 3:05:45 PM#4

having a blast too, just reached act 3 on normal, I am slow lol

baphamet

Hard Core Member

2/18/13 1:33:39 AM#5

its a fun game but lets not get crazy here.

rodingo

Hard Core Member

2/18/13 1:50:03 AM#6
It's definitely a fun game.  Very solid gameplay for still being in beta not to mention a great game design where the devs put the twists and tweaks in the spots that they always wanted to see in ARPGs. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

StarI

Hard Core Member

2/18/13 3:07:04 AM#7
Glad you guys have fun but personaly, I died of boredom after 10 hours of playing. I guess 200 hours on d3 was enaugh of dungeon crawling for me, for a while.