Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,252 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,921
Grinding Gear Games | Official Site
Action MMO | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 01/23/13)  | Pub:Grinding Gear Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Path of Exile Forum » General Discussion » Nerf POE Difficulty?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
47 posts found
  Vhaln

Novice Member

2/02/13 10:44:09 AM#41
Originally posted by moosecatlol

Path of Exile is rumored to have a planned 10 acts, however only 3 of them have been fully developed. 

How substantial is that rumor?  Are we talking about six other acts, already in various states of completion, or more like one of those dev pipe dreams, for where their game will be 10 years from now?

I'd love to see more acts, I thought maybe one more might be coming.. but six more?  Just seems a little hard to believe, given how long its taken them to put out just three.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

DamonVile

Elite Member

2/02/13 10:47:56 AM#42
It's pretty typical now days to blame the game when you fail, not how you play. The people saying it too hard are obviously great at everything and don't need to learn or adjust what they're doing. Thier moms told them they are special and special people don't fail. They have a wall of participation ribons to prove it.

People are like cats. When they die, you get a new one.

UNH0LYEV1L

Novice Member

2/03/13 10:42:04 AM#43
Generally no I think its almost perfect the way it is.  Some things in the game are super unforgiving though which is pretty lame (like faster than you can react -->dead).  Maybe a few things need to be tweaked so that you don't get one shotted.  I'm not talking about elemental damage either per say, if your fighting Mervil without cold resistance or Piety w/o electrical your just dumb.

Spiritsever - AR/Ele - The Secret World
Ashmaker - Ranger < Prophets > - Age of Conan - #1 in Kills
Sweety - Sorceress < Infinite Darkeness > - SWTOR - 2.6K PvP Rating
??? - Pilot - ??? - EVE
Symir - Swordmaster - Warhammer - RR100
Dreadnaught - Rogue - Rift

Vyeth

Advanced Member

Celebrated pariah of MMORPG.com

2/03/13 10:53:26 AM#44

Too hard? We are super heroes.. Been in a party, even at cruel difficulty? You wipe the floor with enemies.. People have figured out some of the most outrageous builds that are simply destroyers of life in 360 degrees.. if they make it any easier it would probably turn more people off than it would turn on..

Plus, even though I am getting my ass KICKED in Act 2 cruel, I enjoy the sense of accomplishment I get from leveling up or even beating a dungeon solo.. This is looking to be a long ride for me and I am getting that same sense of accomplishment I got from my days in EQ..

Lv. 45 and still looking to continue flying..

Btw: PORTALS are your friend!!! GET THE GEM (keep in your inv, to switch in at any time and make a portal in dunegons) or buy plenty of scrolls.. You do NOT want to die in Lunaris 3 at the final boss... ... ..... .....

HeroEvermore

Apprentice Member

Banned 18 times and counting.

2/06/13 6:52:07 AM#45

This game is challenging. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be enjoying ourselves so much :D I am on Act 3 merciless now. I soloed everything but 1 of the bandits on cruel. The last act 3 boss was actually easier solo then in a party. I died once fighting it solo and then had to go back to click the thing and just joined a group and helped them. We died like 8 times each and just lold the entire time. I wasn't upset either, it was hilarious. I usually lead off throwing skelletons at the edges of maps. if the skellys move in any direction i know mobs are there. I then throw a fireball-totem down behind my zombie. then raid down firestorm. Its all about strategy. At the same time I have 4 zombies so i just try to avoid ALL dmg always. If i walk into a group of elemental range mobs. It appears im one shotted. Just instant 0 hp. Those r the more sad moments but they arent that often. I also dont push content if im about to level. Just go to the ledge or something and finish the xp off. Its the easiest map to xp on imo. I am lvl 63 and the lvl 53 ledge gave me an entire lvl tonight while lazy mode farming hehe.

Challenge is gud. Me likey challenge.

Hero Evermore
Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

timeraider

Advanced Member

2/09/13 8:53:17 AM#46
It always turns out to be a failure if companies adjust their difficulty to the players instad of the game. Hope they dont ruin it at PoE :P
  kjempff

Hard Core Member

Make worlds not stories

2/09/13 3:16:37 PM#47

I had fun in closed beta with a few 70+ chars, but with the diff now I just don't have fun anymore. I quit today when my third build failed at late 50ies, going to be awhile before I spend time in PoE again, just sick of it at the moment.

Abandoned chars (no I am not a noob): Summoner lvl 50, kripps wand build lvl 57, dual ice spear totems (gmp) lvl 58.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search