Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Camelot Unchained | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,522 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,898
Grinding Gear Games | Official Site
Action MMO | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 01/23/13)  | Pub:Grinding Gear Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Path of Exile Forum » General Discussion » Grouping gives you tons of quantity find!

12 posts found
  Raserei

Advanced Member

OP  1/28/13 11:19:52 AM#1

Just an FYI! Each party member grants the entire group 50% quantity find. 6 players = 300%.... Notice on bosses, so many items drop compared to solo. 

I'm not 100% sure, but it also feels like you get bonus XP.

Arskaaa

Apprentice Member

Your chararacter gains experience and levels up, defining a role playing game.

1/28/13 2:05:00 PM#2
Maeby... BUT, party members ninja all items that drop. no loot system like in D3.
  valun

Novice Member

1/28/13 2:15:01 PM#3
You can't ninjaloot in Path of Exile. Only braindead slowpokes loose drop there.

Are you stupid? Do you think i'm gonna waste my life for real life?

Arskaaa

Apprentice Member

Your chararacter gains experience and levels up, defining a role playing game.

1/28/13 2:56:18 PM#4
Last time i tryed party play, my loot was locked 1 sec and some one took it. hapened very offen.
  kyssari

Novice Member

"Reality is but a figment of our collective imaginations." -N.E.S.

1/28/13 3:01:28 PM#5
Could definitely do with a slightly longer lockout timer, still dont want it to long though.
  nilden

Hard Core Member

1/28/13 3:03:23 PM#6
Originally posted by valun
You can't ninjaloot in Path of Exile. Only braindead slowpokes loose drop there.

You most certianly can ninja loot in Path of Exile. As someone who considers it poor manners to loot while there are still things to fight having items be free for all after 1 second just encourages ninja looting and is in poor taste.

How to post links.
LoveMinecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Chram

Novice Member

1/28/13 3:26:04 PM#7
So maybe talk about it in the party? I always wait until it is obvious that the person doesn't want the item, nad only then pick it up. Maybe tell your party members to do the same? If they won't agree just leave the party and find some more like-minded folks.
  nilden

Hard Core Member

1/28/13 3:42:18 PM#8
Originally posted by Chram
So maybe talk about it in the party? I always wait until it is obvious that the person doesn't want the item, nad only then pick it up. Maybe tell your party members to do the same? If they won't agree just leave the party and find some more like-minded folks.

The first time you see someone pick up an orange unique item faster than you it will kill any type of public party system. The FFA loot system just encourages ninja looting and ninja looting does not encourage joining public groups. This is not something the players should have to make a work-around for with selective grouping or soloing just so you get items.

How to post links.
LoveMinecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

FARGIN_WAR

Novice Member

1/28/13 3:47:08 PM#9
Originally posted by Raserei

Just an FYI! Each party member grants the entire group 50% quantity find. 6 players = 300%.... Notice on bosses, so many items drop compared to solo. 

Sounds great but I'm a greedy antisocial bastard so I'll stick with my solo dungeon grind where I get to keep all the shiny cool stuff.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

DMKano

Elite Member

1/28/13 8:27:26 PM#10
Originally posted by FARGIN_WAR

Sounds great but I'm a greedy antisocial bastard so I'll stick with my solo dungeon grind where I get to keep all the shiny cool stuff.

You can create multiple accounts and group with yourself, get mad loot and keep it all. How do you think item farmer s have so many orange items already? That's what they're doing.

Dantae87

Novice Member

1/28/13 8:33:39 PM#11
Originally posted by DMKano
Originally posted by FARGIN_WAR

You can create multiple accounts and group with yourself, get mad loot and keep it all. How do you think item farmer s have so many orange items already? That's what they're doing.

and THIS is the downfall to F2P games....

thinktank001

Advanced Member

1/29/13 2:01:07 AM#12

300% / 6 = 50%

So partys get 1/2 the amount of loot per person.   Monsters have a 300% boost in HP.  

There is no reason to party unless you have a close group of friends.   I don't know how else to explain this.