Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,640,188 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,074,796
Grinding Gear Games | Play Now
Action MMO | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 01/23/13)  | Pub:Grinding Gear Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Path of Exile Forum » General Discussion » Path of Exile Storm’s Break Down

7 posts found
  Silentstorm

Elite Member

OP  1/22/13 9:23:08 AM#1

Path Review Video

Path of Exile Storm’s Break Down

So I waited all the way until a day before open beta. To act like I didn’t already know this game was good. I remember this game back when it was a post idea on the Cry Engine forums. That was a long time ago and it’s rather refreshing to see an idea come this far.

Diablo Like?

Well yes it is kind of exactly like it in its core and look. The game feels smoother than Diablo 3 better voice acting which is funny to even say that. But at about you hitting the skills screen you soon see something familiar of a totally different nature.

Passive System

Pretty much if you played Final Fantasy 13 and you remember the Crystal skill system. This is almost exactly the same thing on a much larger flexible scale. You can choose your path how you see fit with multiple ways to go. So make your character the way you want and not feel that boxed in.

Character Creation

Unfortunately it appears limited to just the 6 characters base looks. You can pick up items to change your look but that’s about it for customization I can see. I’m sure cash shop things will be added to spice that up.

Is it fun?

Well are Diablo torchlight and any game like it fun to you? If so you may like this game it’s not a departure of that style. We will see how much they can add and how well the game will do.

Silentstorm Host of
SSGaming Trailer,WarFrame Series

LlexX

Advanced Member

1/22/13 11:05:19 AM#2
Originally posted by Silentstorm

Diablo Like?

Well yes it is kind of exactly like it in its core and look. The game feels smoother than Diablo 3 better voice acting which is funny to even say that. But at about you hitting the skills screen you soon see something familiar of a totally different nature.

Its funny indeed that PoE a 2.2m budget game is way better then the 100m+ budget D3 :D

Money was well spent on PoE!

Silentstorm

Elite Member

OP  1/22/13 5:35:46 PM#3
Yea I don't get how that is even possible bro.

Silentstorm Host of

kadepsyson

Hard Core Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

1/22/13 5:50:05 PM#4

Hmm.  For having followed the game for such a long time, I'm surprised you didn't care to mention anything about it really.

I mean sure you say there is a menu with skills.  And you also mention other games quite often.  I don't see why you wouldn't mention features Path of Exile does well or their innovative takes on old systems, or how they've changed things completely.

For example, in Path of Exile, you drink potions out of a flask item.  The flask holds the liquid you drink, so if you wanted to heal, you'd take a drink from the flask in the usual way of other action rpgs.  However, in Path of Exile, they are refilled by combat, and each flask item can have not only varying sizes and capacity, but also random effects on it such as with other items in action RPGs.  So drinking from one healing flask might give you bonus resistances while you heal, and the other might make you run faster temporarily.  They don't get thrown away, just emptied and refilled, so the good ones aren't wasted.  There are also non-healing flasks such as for mana, pure resistance ones, very short duration critical hit flasks, and so forth.

With the buying and selling of items to NPCs, Path of Exile did a huge change.  There is no gold currency in the game.  Instead, items that are used in both player and NPC bartering are actual useable items with a value in terms of both buying things, and the items themselves have a use.  One item might be used to buy a ring from an NPC, or you can use the item on your existing equipment to increase its rarity, change its magical properties, etc.  Some of these currency objects straight up increase damage of weapons up to a point, improve the skills they are applied to, improve a flask effectiveness, change a mundane item into a random rarity etc.  It's a huge change from carrying billions of gold coins on a character which become uselss.

So yeah, maybe in your next break down, actually discuss the game's features and qualities rather than using most of it to talk about other games?

El Psy Congroo

Entropy14

Advanced Member

1/22/13 5:52:31 PM#5

Ya I think we have proven lately that big money does not = fun or good games

Wish these AAA titles would spend their money wiser , imagine how amazing a $100 million dollar game could be if they didnt piss it away on gimicks, and instead used to to make new and interesting combat systems, worlds, mechanics and other fun factor items instead of on ads and voice overs.

Silentstorm

Elite Member

OP  1/22/13 6:18:58 PM#6

It's not I didn't care about it. It's more I have to be a little weary nowadays where I swing my support. I'm an IGN/TGN partner so that means unfortunately I can't always say whatever I like. Case in point a lot of guys got burned with WarZ I knew that was going to happen so I didn't even come a mile near that game.

With this game I was in beta early and it was iffy on dates and when it was coming. So I stayed away until they had the media and community aspect more in line. Now that it appears they are full steam nothing corrupt or false. I'll very readily support this game and give it fair vids.

Silentstorm Host of

Silentstorm

Elite Member

OP  1/22/13 8:01:46 PM#7
i also did a video on the passive tree soley but its stuck in the you tube processing dont know why atm.

Silentstorm Host of