Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,950,661 Users Online:0
Games:778  Posts:6,374,784
Grinding Gear Games | Official Site
Action MMO | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 01/23/13)  | Pub:Grinding Gear Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Path of Exile Forum » General Discussion » Path of Exile Open Beta Trailer

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  Betaguy

Advanced Member

Some folks are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when pushed down stairs

1/18/13 11:14:19 AM#21
I have been in Alpha and Beta of PoE for a longtime now. It is not that great! It's okay, mediocre at best. Too many micro upgrades in the skill trees for me. You still end up going one way or the other for best build viability.

Vannor

Hard Core Member

1/18/13 9:44:07 PM#22
Originally posted by Betaguy
Too many micro upgrades in the skill trees for me. You still end up going one way or the other for best build viability.

Maybe you do.. but you should take a look at what other people are doing that shows off what is possible to the narrowminded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyCTK5sYT3E

There are 'tons' of examples like this..

nzrock

Advanced Member

1/18/13 10:44:22 PM#23
Originally posted by Myrdynn

great trailer, love that they mix CGI with actual gameplay

Everything in it is Gameplay!! There is no CGI...I think your confused with what CGI actually looks like.

Mueslinator

Apprentice Member

1/19/13 1:10:25 AM#24
Originally posted by Myrdynn

great trailer, love that they mix CGI with actual gameplay

As nzrock already pointed out, this is ALL actual footage from the game. Well, it also is all CGI since all that simply means 'Computer Generated Imagery'.

But there's nothing pre-rendered in there (besides the Tron-like skilldrassil, which doesn't animate in the game ;-)), it's all game engine. They merely spruced it up with a few slow-mos and camera angles. I think it was more a matter of money - CGI is still expensive, and their own engine is free.

Foncl

Advanced Member

1/19/13 2:04:49 PM#25
I'm looking forward to trying act 3 for the first time. I haven't played the closed beta for a couple of weeks now in anticipation of the open beta release :)
2 Pages « 1 2 Search