Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | EverQuest | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,196 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,275,600
Grinding Gear Games | Official Site
Action MMO | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 01/23/13)  | Pub:Grinding Gear Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Path of Exile Forum » General Discussion » Addictive action game

5 posts found
  dave6660

Apprentice Member

"Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you."

OP  6/06/12 12:43:21 PM#1

After being thoroughly disappointed with D3 I gave PoE a shot to get my hack n slash on.

I'm impressed by the huge skill tree.  Your character really feels unique.  I chose a dualist for my first class and the number of builds I'm considering is daunting.  It's a min/max'ers dream.  Not to mention I can use any skills I want, I'm not limited to my class.  I'm also pleased to see more wide open area in PoE where D3 felt very claustrophobic.

I'm happy to support an indie developer.

"Why so serious?"
-- The Joker

tazarconan

Advanced Member

8/20/12 6:54:23 PM#2
The huge and wide variety on the possible builds of a character are really mindblowing. Its one of the best points in POE and waiting anxiously for it. I just wish more mmorpg's to embrace open character builds from player side instead of set it by the devs predetermined with little choise to the players.
  Nailzzz

Novice Member

8/20/12 7:33:22 PM#3
Also have to agree with all points made. PoE is a great arpg even in beta. Love all the build customization and the dark atmosphere.
  Loktofeit

Advanced Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, ArcheAge, and Combat Arms

8/20/12 7:48:25 PM#4
The skill chart is overwhelming and there are no plans for a respec, which I both like and dislike, but that's about the only issue I had with the game. I genuinely lost track of time while playing, which is one of my personal measures of the fun factor of a game. The graphics work well for the game, the effects are well done and the gameplay is engaging. Really enjoyed my time playing this game.

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fivoroth

newbihack

Novice Member

Them honey badgers

8/25/12 5:18:41 AM#5
Originally posted by Loktofeit
The skill chart is overwhelming and there are no plans for a respec, which I both like and dislike, but that's about the only issue I had with the game. I genuinely lost track of time while playing, which is one of my personal measures of the fun factor of a game. The graphics work well for the game, the effects are well done and the gameplay is engaging. Really enjoyed my time playing this game.

you can get an orb to refund a skill point or get the refund skill points from quests. so if you saved all the  point might help to rebuild your skill tree. For now I am playing  summoner witch the build is pretty easy to build. there is also a passive skill builder where you can make your own build before putting your skill points into the passive skill tree.