Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,432 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,247,384
Square Enix | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 10/28/03)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Playstation 2 XBox 360 | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

8 posts found
  nightelf

Novice Member

OP  10/13/03 10:50:00 PM#1

I have been searching for a good online fantasy game, and believe this is it. I hve played SWG for about 5 months, and hope this is better. My main question is though is how is the combat system? Is it like you fire manually or automatically? I prefer manually, more action and doesnt get that boring...

The Nightelf

The Nightelf and MMORPG gamer.

SWG: Pistoleer/Creature Handler (retired)

Samusic

Novice Member

The beta tester.

10/13/03 11:16:45 PM#2
You fire manually.

nightelf

Novice Member

OP  10/13/03 11:28:12 PM#3

WOOT! Thanks for your help!

The Nightelf

Ragansy

Novice Member

10/14/03 10:55:56 AM#4
by manually do you mean something such as how you attack in kingdom hearts, and by auto something like swg or eq?  ... and also is it somewhat turned based like in eq for the ps2 as well or do weapons have delays on them like in eq for the computer.   sorry for all the eq references...

"Don't tell me to go to hell when you don't know what heaven is"

"Don't tell me to go to hell when you don't know what heaven is"

Samusic

Novice Member

The beta tester.

10/14/03 11:36:23 AM#5

Weapons have delays. When you attack something it's an auto attack except for bows and guns. Those you must fire manually.

Zohar

Novice Member

-=[Regular Member]=-

10/14/03 12:01:47 PM#6
I'm not positive but I thnik there are special weapon abilities that you can unleash once you get a certain amount of TP (you get these from dealing or taking damage I think). If this is true, could you tell us about them Samusic?

E-mail: Zohar@mmorpg.com

Samusic

Novice Member

The beta tester.

10/14/03 3:00:13 PM#7
Yes, that is true. Every time you make a successful hit with a certain weapon your level in that skill goes up. It goes up by fractions of a point, so one point equals one level. At certain levels you can learn a skill to use with that type of weapon. There are level caps for all the skill levels, and some jobs are better at certain skills than others so the cap for that skill is higher for some. By using certain skills in a certain order in a short amount of time you can skill chain with people. One short, simple example is Combo to Flaming Arrow. That makes dissolution. Skill chains give a lot of extra damage and many times elemental damage. Also, mages can magic burst in between skills or after them with a spell that corresponds with the skill chain series for extra damage, but this is an advanced skill and the timing has to be near perfect. You can do a weapon skill at 100% TP, but you can save TP up to 300%, and any percentage above 100% gives extra damage. If you rest, you lose TP. 10% per tick. Samurai, however, do not lose TP when resting due to their store TP passive ability.

nightelf

Novice Member

OP  10/14/03 6:11:36 PM#8
So Samusic, the combat is not that boring? Lol...