Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,789,244 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,638
Square Enix | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 10/28/03)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Playstation 2 XBox 360 | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XI Forum » The Airship (General) » Got a few job questions and a race question too

7 posts found
  PLH2034

Novice Member

OP  10/12/03 7:20:47 PM#1

Why is beastmaster a bad sub class? Is it that the level monster they can tame is linked to their job level?

As a bard, If i use Lullaby can i cast a spell from another job and still have the sleep effect going?

I think White mage / Bard will be the best class combo for my play style. I'm thinking Tarutaru will be good for this combo any reason to consider another race?

Samusic

Novice Member

The beta tester.

10/12/03 8:13:01 PM#2

Ok, here's the deal. If you talk to anybody they'll tell you that beastmaster is a horrible class to sub because you can't tame monsters your main job's level. Most of them haven't been beastmasters, I've found out. I talked to somebody who had beastmaster subbed and I asked him about it. He said that all those people are ignorant, and that you can tame monsters at your main job's level. Perhaps it is a little bit tougher, but you can. I plan on trying it out as a ranger/beastmast to get a definitive answer.

If you cast Foe Lullaby you can also cast other spells. The monster will wake up when it is physically hit. Most people say bard/white mage is better becaue the higher level songs are the ones that start to be really effective. It wouldn't hurt to try both, anyway, since you'll have to level both. You'll also want to look at the charisma of your race since that is what affects songs. I would say, though, that the way you play is much more important than the stats of your character.

PLH2034

Novice Member

OP  10/13/03 2:23:35 PM#3

! Your the man Samu!

Yeah I wanted to go White/Beast but I'll see how it works like you said.

If that doesn't work I'll go White/Bard... I'm most interested in being the best healer I can be.

jeep21243

Novice Member

10/13/03 9:08:52 PM#4

ok, so is there base classes that lead into certain advanced classes?  like does a thief lead to a ranger, or a white mage to a summoner?  or can anyone be anything?  also, is there more than one advanced job available?  or does this come in at level 60 when the support job would be high enough to take an advanced one?  little unclear on the whole jobs thing.

Samusic

Novice Member

The beta tester.

10/13/03 11:32:26 PM#5

The basic jobs are warrior, black mage, white mage, thief, red mage, and monk. The advanced jobs are ranger, ninja, paladin, dark knight, summoner, bard, beastmaster, dragoon, and samurai. Once you reach level 18 in a basic job you can go on a quest to be able to have a support job and once you reach level 30 you can go on a quest to obtain one of the advanced jobs. Each advanced job has a specific quest you must complete before you can be that job. You are not limited in your job combinations at all. No job leads to another job.

Lexington

Novice Member

10/14/03 4:22:39 AM#6
But you can have more then 1 Advanced job available to your character if you have completed their quests right?

Samusic

Novice Member

The beta tester.

10/14/03 9:44:04 AM#7
Yes, as long as you have completed the quest.