Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,592 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,075
Square Enix | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 10/28/03)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Playstation 2 XBox 360 | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XI Forum » The Airship (General) » Will you try Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
80 posts found
  Thorbrand

Novice Member

9/12/12 11:25:21 AM#21
I am actively waiting for it. If they fixed XP I will be happy to play the game.
  GoldenArrow

Hard Core Member

9/12/12 11:26:49 AM#22

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

They pretty much took everything that's great in FFXI/FFXIV and put it in a much better and easier to use client.

Badem

Novice Member

Diplomacy - The art of saying ''Nice Doggy'' while you find a big enough stick to hit it

9/12/12 11:29:45 AM#23

Originally posted by Psychow
If they gave me a month or 2-week "welcome back" free trial I'd try it, evaluate it, and decide if it's the game I had hoped to have bought when it first released.

Originally posted by Decadentia
I definitely would if it were a trial basis.

Originally posted by Vhaln
Will there be a free trial?  Otherwise, definately not.

Originally posted by Zarriya
I would have to trial it though.   Nto that i am looking for a freeby i actually have 3 active subscriptions (TSW,WOW -SOE all access for  planetside and EQ2) .I beta'd it and was very surprised how awful it was, I would like to give it a second chance because the orignial concepts for the game were really nice.

Originally posted by Caldrin

Ill give it a shot if its got a free trial... hell i was up for buying a digital copy but for some reason in the UK it was never available..

Yoshi has already confirmed that if you had an activated copy of the game they you automatically get 30 days free play on 2.0 ARR 

But I am sure more will become known after the 14th.....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ab/Norsefire-logo.png

Vesavius

Old School

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

9/12/12 11:32:02 AM#24
Originally posted by Obidom

If they gave me a month or 2-week "welcome back" free trial I'd try it, evaluate it, and decide if it's the game I had hoped to have bought when it first released.

I would have to trial it though.   Nto that i am looking for a freeby i actually have 3 active subscriptions (TSW,WOW -SOE all access for  planetside and EQ2) .I beta'd it and was very surprised how awful it was, I would like to give it a second chance because the orignial concepts for the game were really nice.

Ill give it a shot if its got a free trial... hell i was up for buying a digital copy but for some reason in the UK it was never available..

Yoshi has already confirmed that if you had an activated copy of the game they you automatically get 30 days free play on 2.0 ARR 

I actually didn't know this... I was willing to give them some cash to try it.

Nice, thanks for info.

Zarriya

Advanced Member

9/12/12 4:37:14 PM#25

Ty Obi, I think it is great that this company was willing to admit a mistake, and rework the game they way they are doing.  I have been following it, so I was aware of the offers for people who had purchased the game, hiowever I did not purchase the game.  I was all set too,  but changed my mind after beta - it was that bad sadly.  I have no problem paying for a game that i will play :) - but at the time the game was unplayable. here's hoping for 2.0!

Vhaln

Novice Member

9/12/12 4:42:39 PM#26

No, I never bought it.  Tried it at the end of beta, and not buying this "reborn" bit will be enough of an improvement to risk the box price on.  Not without some sort of trial, to see what they've done, first.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

Asm0deus

Elite Member

9/12/12 4:47:02 PM#27
I will if they let us try a trail version first. If not I will just wait till the prices plummet or it flops again. They seriously have to have made some imporvements to combat though it was way to frackking slow.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
PSU: Antec EA 750watt
RAM: 2x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
cooling: Noctua NH-D14
storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

User Deleted
9/12/12 4:50:01 PM#28

Sweet, then I guess I'll be giving it a try (again)!

mastersomrat

Novice Member

9/13/12 9:16:43 PM#29

I never played XI.  Is it any fun?  Thinking of trying it out, just because I think I've tried out most others.

rutaq

Advanced Member

9/13/12 9:34:00 PM#30

If the game supports old school elements then.... Hell, I'll forgive the lack of PvP just to find a nice challenging group based MMO.

I haven't done any research yet so maybe the current FF XI fans can help me answer a couple questions...

1)  Can players easily solo their way to max level and not need to rely on other players, like some lame sinlge player PRG / Multiplayer Lobby MMO ?

2)  Are there any type of significant Death penalties besides the standard 2 copper repairs and running 60 seconds back to where you died ?

3)  Are there character classes that have useful unique abiltities that can add to the strength of a well played team/group,  or is everything homogonized so basically all the classes are the same except for the character models ?

4)  Is the character progression well scaled to give you consisent slow progression over 6 month - 1 year playing about 15 hours / week  , or is progression some XP jackpot where everything you do awards XP so fast that you are max level in a matter of a few weeks ?

5)  Are the MOBs and Dungeons challenging , or can you win by just spamming 3 keys while watching TV ?

snapfusion

Apprentice Member

9/13/12 9:42:37 PM#31

There are so many things that were done poorly in this game I cant believe the things they plan to change or add will be implemented any better than the original ones.

Plus this has to be one of the worst performing game engines I have ever seen.  No matter how much horsepower or graphics processing you through at it it just stumbles along.  That alone makes the game unplayable.

This game should of been flushed, I wonder whos continuing to pour money into it and why.

Purutzil

Hard Core Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

9/13/12 9:45:10 PM#32

Most likely? No. 

I'm sorry, I just can't get over my hatred they turned the class sytem into weapon based. Why would you do that? It makes the classes feel so much less worth wild and just so much more bland. FF11 for me if I want to play an FF online game.

MadnessRealm

Advanced Member

Ignorance is Bliss.

9/13/12 9:49:22 PM#33

I voted yes. Had bought the CE when the game launched and although it failed, I've been playing it on and off every now and then and seen the major changes that SE made to the game (FFXIV). Seeing how dedicated the developers have been towards improving the game, I can only show my respect by giving 2.0 a chance as well. Very few developers and studios have the balls to admit they failed, support the game for free for a year and improve the game until they feel happy enough to charge a sub again.  If more developers were like that, I don't think I'd be as cynical towards the MMORPG industry.

Anyway, yes I'll be giving FFXIV-ARR a shot when it launches. I highly doubt I'll be able to get into the Alpha to try it out before but oh well, maybe in Beta.

------
Your daily dose of common sense since 2009!

GoldenArrow

Hard Core Member

9/14/12 2:08:48 PM#34
Originally posted by snapfusion

There are so many things that were done poorly in this game I cant believe the things they plan to change or add will be implemented any better than the original ones.

Plus this has to be one of the worst performing game engines I have ever seen.  No matter how much horsepower or graphics processing you through at it it just stumbles along.  That alone makes the game unplayable.

This game should of been flushed, I wonder whos continuing to pour money into it and why.

They've pretty much remade the game from scratch. Only the theme and the graphics engine is same as in the first release. However I had zero issues with the engine running an up-to-date rig. In all honesty S-E has one of the best engines out there and they are constantly developing the luminous engine.

Because the developers are really dedicated to improve the game and there's a huge company behind them I don't see any reason why FFXIV: ARR wouldn't be a massive hit.

S-E is probably the only company to take a failed MMORPG and turned it to a polished gem.

Torvaldr

Elite Member

9/14/12 2:33:42 PM#35
Originally posted by truthhurts
Originally posted by Torvaldr
I'm pretty sure it's going to be P2P so I voted no.  No more subs for me.

there needs to be an option "I'm too cheap to pay a sub" for these polls.

Money has to come from somewhere, either cash shop or subscription.  By taking this stance you are saying "I would rather have others support the game than myself".

Simple minds jump to silly conclusions.  I'm not too cheap to pay a sub.  I'm currently subbed to RIFT by the year.  It's not that I can't afford it, but that I think the revenue model is poor and have decided to stop supporting it.

If a subscription game truly offered the game for the subscription then I would go back to supporting it.  But they don't do that now anymore do they.  Every sub based game now currently supplements their revenue by RMT of some sort (whether it is an additional cash shop, bonus account packs, in game gold, etc).

Sub games typically cost between $100 to $180 / year for the sub plus an additonal $60 to $100 / year in additional content (xpacs, gold, items, etc).  I usually only spend $45 to $150 / year in a F2P game.  Sub games no longer offer a superior gaming experience and they double dip.  EVE is probably the only major game that offers the full meal deal for the subscription and even they supplement their revenue with ISK sales.

I haven't played RIFT for a couple months now so my sub money is wasted.  My sub doesn't include the upcoming expansion so I have to shell out even more.  My F2P and B2P games don't require that.  If the game is good and/or I like it, then I spend cash on it.  In sub based game I spend the cash up front and hope it's money well spent.

Next time try and think through your herp before you derp and stop jumping to conclusions.

Curse you AquaScum!

Neekzz

Novice Member

9/14/12 2:44:55 PM#36
Game is going to be great, I'm playing now, cant wait for ARR and anyone into MMOs should give it a go. I played XI over 6 years and havent looked back since I restarted XIV. The new dev team is on point!

Raxeon

Advanced Member

9/14/12 2:48:26 PM#37

yea you do you get the free 30 days back

Gravarg

Spotlight Poster

9/14/12 2:49:10 PM#38
I plan on it, although it'll be rough to wrestle me away from WoW or Rift, they're my 2 subscriptions right now and I love them.
  Raxeon

Advanced Member

9/14/12 2:50:00 PM#39
Originally posted by GoldenArrow

They've pretty much remade the game from scratch. Only the theme and the graphics engine is same as in the first release. However I had zero issues with the engine running an up-to-date rig. In all honesty S-E has one of the best engines out there and they are constantly developing the luminous engine.

Because the developers are really dedicated to improve the game and there's a huge company behind them I don't see any reason why FFXIV: ARR wouldn't be a massive hit.

S-E is probably the only company to take a failed MMORPG and turned it to a polished gem.

from what iunderstand they actully put a new engine under it

Raxeon

Advanced Member

9/14/12 2:51:21 PM#40

diffreant dev team i think

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search