Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,640 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,222
Square Enix | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 10/28/03)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Playstation 2 XBox 360 | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XI Forum » The Airship (General) » Most populated servers

5 posts found
  PezDSpencer

Novice Member

If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.

OP  2/14/08 10:54:15 AM#1

I'm sure there are dozens of posts about this, however I don't have the time to search right now.  Can someone please give me the top 3 most populated servers in the game?  (I was on Asura, and around level 43 I had severe trouble finding a group)

pezdspencer Xfire Miniprofile
  ParkCarsHere

Novice Member

"Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance." -Sun Tzu

2/14/08 11:38:34 AM#2

http://www.ffxiah.com/ is a site that watches the AH economy on every server. Definitely not an exact idea of which servers are most populated, but at least it gives some idea based on activity and flow.

I don't think any one can tell you what the most populated servers are... it changes drastically depending on time zones and what type of server you are on. My advice is to just get on a server with a few friends... that way you'll have people you can go to for parties if there aren't any being made.

However, if you don't have the time to spend less than 5 minutes searching on this forum for similar threads, I doubt you have much time to actively search for a party, something that has to be done in this game.

Anyways, if someone can give you a list of three populated servers, great... I don't think it is possible though. The only experience I can give you is from Pandemonium, and it seems like there are enough people playing when I play to always get a party.

curiindi

Novice Member

Please feel free to leave a message.

2/14/08 2:36:31 PM#3

43 seems to be within the range of levels when players have a harder time finding random parties. Seasoned players often find time to party with newer players while leveling possible subjobs up to 37. Jobs in their 70s can find good spots in meriting parties.

Comparing www.ffxiah.com points can be a better indication of veteran player activity, but nonetheless a good hint for overall players. Before server transfers, I personally feel that among the FFXI worlds: Odin and Bahamut have the highest player populations, Hades and Asura have the most number of new players, Phoenix and Pandamonium have the most friendly players, Siren and (formerly?) Bismarck have the most "serious" gamers. My opinions can definitely be wrong!

PezDSpencer

Novice Member

If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.

OP  2/14/08 4:08:05 PM#4

Originally posted by ParkCarsHere

However, if you don't have the time to spend less than 5 minutes searching on this forum for similar threads, I doubt you have much time to actively search for a party, something that has to be done in this game.

Thanks for the cynicism, but I was just being rushed out the door and wanted an answer by the time I got back.

But anywho, thanks for the info.  I finished playing about 8-10 months ago, and just wanted to know if the server populations had changed much since then.

pezdspencer Xfire Miniprofile
  ParkCarsHere

Novice Member

"Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance." -Sun Tzu

2/15/08 11:05:16 AM#5

Originally posted by PezDSpencer

Originally posted by ParkCarsHere

Thanks for the cynicism, but I was just being rushed out the door and wanted an answer by the time I got back.

But anywho, thanks for the info.  I finished playing about 8-10 months ago, and just wanted to know if the server populations had changed much since then.

Heh, sorry, I'll apologize for that. I've just seen too many people jump onto these forums for about 5 minutes and blatantly bash the game that I judge too quickly and think everyone I haven't seen before here is going to say "lolDRG" or some stupid thing like that.

Good luck with finding a server if you decide to join!