Trending Games | Pirate101 | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Guild Wars 2 | The Secret World

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,277 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,269,366
Square Enix | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 10/28/03)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Playstation 2 XBox 360 | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XI Forum » The Airship (General) » What is your best FFXI memory?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  Alders

Hard Core Member

I cannot fiddle but I can make a great state of a small city.

5/28/13 7:46:56 PM#21
First run to Jeuno, without sneak or invis, was quite an ordeal.  Doing it at night was a big oops.

Completing CoP and getting Sea access.  I hated those missions with a passion due to the class requirements and idiotic down leveling.

Finally quitting.  The game required an unhealthy amount of hours and being on-call 24/7 to be competitive on ones server.

sumdumguy1

Hard Core Member

5/28/13 7:54:44 PM#22
Being crapped on by a chocobo
  Eggochiggo

Novice Member

7/09/13 4:26:06 PM#23

Just found this thread and this game brings back some good memories, I'm in the Beta for FF14 and I was upset it wasn't more like this game.  Even though now I have a full time job I still miss the way FFXI laid the game out. 

My best memory was back on Cerberus in KoN, we had King Behemoth, Nidhogg, and King Turtle (forgot his name) all due to pop around noon midweek.  We told everyone in the guild to be on because all 3 kings could spawn.  This was early on too, before sky existed.  

Anyway I think we had 20 people on, pretty much 3 groups for experiencing and instead of deciding to pick one we sent 3 groups of 6 to each, the 2 extra I forgot, prob just added 7 to two groups.  Anyway, as the 3 hour windows would have it, King Behemoth popped first, that group tagged it and just had to kite it around for a couple hours, in the 2nd window Adamantoise popped and Fafnir, our turtle group was able to take him down with 6, that group then went to Fafnir to kill him, then after that both groups went to kill KB while it was being kites for 2-3 hours.  All in all, 20 people, top 3 NMs, we were quite satisfied we got all 3 pulls and all 3 kills.

zoodayz

Advanced Member

7/11/13 12:23:22 PM#24

My best best FFXI memory was back in 2004 when I started playing.

Back when in VD there were 200-600 people in the one zone when you would see peeople garding the gate to Selb.

You would see Train to zone.

My best FFXI memory was when you would leave one party and within 30 sec. you had another invite to join before your flag was back up again.

My best FFXI memory was when you HAD to have good gear to live.

My best FFXI memory was when we had a Drg in our party and hes dragon died so we all sat there in VD for 2 Hours waiting for him to get his dragon back as we all sat there with him like we were his counselor's talking to him and feeling sorry for him.

But My very best FFXI Memory was when My girlfriend started to play the game with me.

Long Live FFXI 

ZoodayZ                                           

,d88b.d88b,
 `Y8888888Y'
     `Y888Y'
         `Y'

Lilzoo

ElRenmazuo

Elite Member

7/11/13 12:34:48 PM#25

Making 2 millions gils after 2 weeks of none stop farming to buy the haubergeon and later trading that in for the hauberk

Getting my first piece of AF2 armor for my dark knight in Dynamis raid

Going to a lower level area to help someone instead accidentally making a train with too many mobs to handle even for me and end up killing several low level players at the entrance exit.  And even after that while the newbies were angry at me they still showed me respect because I was higher level. Of course i felt stupid but it was funny as hell.  I survived though lol

2 Pages « 1 2 Search