Final Fantasy XI Online is the grand MMORPG set in the famous Final Fantasy series and style. Players enter the world of Vana’diel, a land with a healthy mix of magic, swords, and technology, and where the inhabitants are on a constant search and struggle for control of the crystals, the fundamental source of all creation. Players create characters from a list of five races and fifteen ‘jobs’ to take on challenges throughout Vana’diel’s four vast continents.
- Races | Hume, Elvaan, Tarutaru, Mithra, Galka.
- Jobs | Warrior, Thief, Monk, White Mage, Black Mage, Red Mage, Paladin, Dark Knight, Beastmaster, Ranger, Bard, Summoner, Samurai, Ninja, Dragoon, Blue Mage, Corsair, Puppetmaster, Dancer, Scholar.
- Battle System | Players may choose magic, including learning magic from enemies while in battle, and weapon skills, both which help build up Tactical Points that enable very powerful combat skills.
- Transportation | FFIX has the same welcome transportation modes as the single-player series has, including airships, ferries, and, of course, chocobos.
- Crystal Synthesis | Collect the precious crystals and use them to create powerful items not found through NPC vendors.