Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,782,747 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,215
Above and Beyond Technologies | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Above and Beyond Technologies
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Repopulation Forum » General Discussion » The big boss of sandbox 2014 right here... why is there no AAA hype for this game?

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search
106 posts found
  maple2

Hard Core Member

6/08/14 1:24:41 PM#101
Originally posted by Copperfield

I dont get it.. or people didn't read the features list of this game on the website.

This game right here will be sandbox of 2014..

Everyone on these forums talking about how boring and the same all the AAA mmorpgs are, talking about sandbox games and the need of  a good sandbox..

Now this indie company making new SWG sandbox of 2014 and none is talking about it? what is wrong here?

Dont you like the SCFI settings of the repopulation?

Didn't you read features lists of this game?

Or you do think that this game needs to have more or better marketing ?

Why are you not hyped about this game?

Keep buying games like eso and AA or wildstar while this project with blow away those generetic mmorpgs...

first of all this game cannot be a AAA game.. cause its not a company we know and 2nd the quailty of the game does not even meet the standard.. or even close to AAA need..

xpiher

Novice Member

6/09/14 8:36:04 AM#102
Originally posted by maple2

I dont get it.. or people didn't read the features list of this game on the website.

Everyone on these forums talking about how boring and the same all the AAA mmorpgs are, talking about sandbox games and the need of  a good sandbox..

Now this indie company making new SWG sandbox of 2014 and none is talking about it? what is wrong here?

Keep buying games like eso and AA or wildstar while this project with blow away those generetic mmorpgs...

first of all this game cannot be a AAA game.. cause its not a company we know and 2nd the quailty of the game does not even meet the standard.. or even close to AAA need..

Have you played it?

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher

MarlonB

Hard Core Member

6/10/14 3:06:28 AM#103

Found this and it amused me:

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAA_(game_industry)

"In the video game industryAAA (pronounced "triple A") is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion"

Since when is promotion equal to quality :)

Personally i think the term AAA is used to lightly these days ... in my opinion they should be and are rare.

The Repopulation - Scfi Fi Sandbox.

Phry

Elite Member

6/10/14 3:32:17 AM#104
Originally posted by xpiher

Have you played it?

I doubt the game even has a 'partially' playable alpha at the moment, so i really doubt anyone has. Once they manage to get the game to a stage where it has a working Beta version, then perhaps we'll be able to judge how well, or not, they have managed to implement the things they claim to be able to do. The game is pretty much an 'indie' title though, not a AAA game, but maybe by the time they manage to finish it, if they ever do, they will be a bit more well known. AAA though kind of assumes they have already released a popular game and have a solid history of making games, its a bit like a credit rating

xpiher

Novice Member

6/10/14 4:49:23 AM#105
Originally posted by Phry
Originally posted by xpiher

Have you played it?

I doubt the game even has a 'partially' playable alpha at the moment, so i really doubt anyone has. Once they manage to get the game to a stage where it has a working Beta version, then perhaps we'll be able to judge how well, or not, they have managed to implement the things they claim to be able to do. The game is pretty much an 'indie' title though, not a AAA game, but maybe by the time they manage to finish it, if they ever do, they will be a bit more well known. AAA though kind of assumes they have already released a popular game and have a solid history of making games, its a bit like a credit rating

I was asking if he played it because its currently in closed alpha 3 and going as smooth as a real alpha can be expected.

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher

M4ko

Advanced Member

6/17/14 7:27:34 PM#106

Every single MMO since 2010 has been claimed to be a sandbox game, yea most of them flopped. THis game has a very, god damn, old engine. And it looks just like all the other failed indie SciFi MMOs how is this different?

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search