Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,600 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,186
Above and Beyond Technologies | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Above and Beyond Technologies
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Repopulation Forum » General Discussion » Why this game will be an EPIC fail

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Search
163 posts found
  LungingWolf

Apprentice Member

Stuck in the desert as I look for the promised land of MMOs, or at least a nice oasis to sit at.

8/20/13 12:18:13 PM#161

Post Deleted: Never mind, I changed my viewpoint on this issue.

My sincere apologies for any misunderstandings.

Currently playing: Rift.
Waiting for: The Elder Scrolls Online (when it is F2P), Everquest: Next.

Muke

Hard Core Member

11/10/13 2:24:55 AM#162
Originally posted by Atrocitus

First off, I am NOT, repeat, NOT in alpha/beta/whatever...Got it? In NO WAY HAVE I PLAYED THIS GAME YET......

ofc and that makes your claim all the more trustworthy.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Radionic

Advanced Member

11/10/13 10:52:46 AM#163

Not for nothing, but please name an MMO that was released in the last 10 years that wasn't the same crap as the hundred other games before it? At least this game is bringing some really cool features to the table that no other game has pulled off. Player cities, player based economy, and dynamic NPC system to name a few. Yes, it's all ideas other games have employed, or tried to employ, but it's all the best pieces of other games. That's the difference.

Also if you have been reading up on it as much as you say, then you should be noticing the huge amounts of work this "nonexistent team" has been accomplishing in their by-monthly updates. These guys all have full time jobs, and they are moonlighting the development of this game, yet they are making amazing strides despite the lack of manpower and financial backing. Do you know why?

Because they are focused. They don't have guys in suits forcing them to go in directions they don't want to simply because the suits' investments give them power to affect the creation. The people that have invested int he development of this game are leaving the creative flow where it belongs, in the hands of developers. 

Also, take a look at the forums for Hero Engine. Dig back to 2011 when this started and the development team was asking questions about Hero Engine. Read how all the Hero staff, and all the other developers, were quickly praising this development team for their creative use of the engine. Read how everyone was on their s*it real quick, and soon other developers who were making other games all of a sudden were asking: How the F did you guys do that?

I think we should reserve any judgement until we have actually played the game, but this is the first MMO project to make me at least believe there is hope for MMO's again, because I get nothing out of today's theme park, on rails, boring as s*it MMO's. 

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Search