Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,790,976 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,194,282
Above and Beyond Technologies | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Above and Beyond Technologies
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Repopulation Forum » General Discussion » Speculation on release timeframe?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
22 posts found
  Darkcrystal

Advanced Member

6/28/13 11:33:55 PM#21
Originally posted by Mkilbride
Originally posted by JC-Smith
Originally posted by Atrocitus

This game will be delayed until at LEAST spring 2014, if not Summer.

In order to have a delay, you need to have a release date in the first place. And there has never been one. The game will be done when it's done.

Well...

To be fair, you put "Expected release date" Q4 2013" on the Kickstarter. Now, true, you used the qualifier "expected", so that can be used as an escape, but it doesn't change peoples feelings.

People need to realize, if you rush the DEVS, your going to get trash,  Gamers are never happy ever, when a DEV says Q1, or Q2, that is saying that , that is when they expect  to get things going, anyone with half a brain, knows when making a game, it takes time, and delays are to be expected.....  I wish people would stop whining...... I'm glad they are saying when its done its done, I would do the same thing, and I would NOT rush, because repop DEVS don't have a ton of money to waste....

Ignore the haters, and get it done, when its done,  I wish gamers would make a game, and then see what it takes. just once....

Darkcrystal

Advanced Member

6/28/13 11:35:19 PM#22

Originally posted by Mavek
Originally posted by JC-Smith

To be fair, you put "Expected release date" Q4 2013" on the Kickstarter. Now, true, you used the qualifier "expected", so that can be used as an escape, but it doesn't change peoples feelings.

For future deliveries Kickstarter requires you give an Estimated date. Not expected, but Estimated. You have to specify something there. We've only ever officially announced two dates: Start of alpha and start of alpha 2. And we delivered on both of those dates. We're not going to give any firm dates until we are fairly sure we can meet them.

Never argue with a fool, onlookers will be unable to tell the difference :P

I've been following the game for a while and I'm ecstatic to hear this response nonetheless. Nothing worse than a rushed product that doesn't meet the consumers or devs expectations. I've been dying for an mmo that isn't combat-centric and here's to hoping this game may be what I've been waiting for.

Nice way to be an asshole for absolutely no reason.

By your comment,  I see why he replied that way...  

2 Pages « 1 2 Search