Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,251 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,921
Above and Beyond Technologies | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Above and Beyond Technologies
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Repopulation Forum » General Discussion » Why this game will be an EPIC fail

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Search
163 posts found
  redcapp

Novice Member

3/26/13 11:42:58 PM#121
It certainly could fail.  Plenty of MMO's with great concepts already have.  But the features do look promising on paper at least.
  Slampig

Hard Core Member

Whatever you do, do NOT speak ill of Asheron's Call 2...

3/26/13 11:45:28 PM#122
Originally posted by Atrocitus

First off, I am NOT, repeat, NOT in alpha/beta/whatever...Got it? In NO WAY HAVE I PLAYED THIS GAME YET......

I've seen plenty of videos of the game, listened to the 'devs' speak on the game, and have read plenty about it. Heres why this game will not only tank, but tank bigtime.....

Regardless of how long this 'team' of devs have been working on the game, content will be shallow. Its as simple as work force= gameplay. And they have an extremely small dev team. And we all know how fast gamers fly by content these days. There simply will not be enough to do

Customer service after launch will be relatively non existant. Again, with hardly any funding, how in the hell can they get a sizeable team to deal with the problems in and out of the game? And c'mon people, we all know how the first few weeks of a mmorpg go. People will be crying about tickets not being answered, bugs everywhere, blah blah blah........

The game engine is horribad. Any sizable pvp will end in massive vaporlock. Once again, the almost non existant team won't be able to handle this.

Have you seen the AI in the videos? The mobs just stand there. Period. Its comical.....

I could go on and on, but don't feel like typing any longer. Point of the matter is don't get your hopes up for this game. All signs points to sub par mmo. Once again, I have NOT participated in the game...

Well, for not having any hands on time, thanks for the gloom and doom.

This is supposed to be a "sandbox" game, correct? Now, all these people that piss and moan about "themepark" games always say that the PLAYERS in a sandbox make the content.

Oh and yeah, can I borrow your crystal ball?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Loregaba

Novice Member

3/27/13 6:40:58 PM#123

I totally disagree with the OP.  Since the prediction game has been settled, I'll make mine. The Repopulation will be a massive success.

All signs point at it. Read the signs! :)

First and foremost, since SWG, a whole lot of players were craving for a game that could continue the work and push it further with new technology. Many beleived SWTOR was the successor, but it is way too different. It simply couldn't attract the same players without a sandbox aspect. So, the need was already there, increased by the SWTOR deception. Repop is simply answering to that call.

Second, from what I've seen and read so far, coming from the devs and the team at work, boy... I'm impressed. They have an awesome project at hand with an awesome team, with the good attitude. I can see they have a vision for this game. It is very different from all the mmo coming out that are all the same, turning boring after a couple weeks.

Third, the fact that they aren't a major game producer is a very high advantage. They are free to follow their creativity. From what I see on their forum, they are listening to the players. In fact, their openness and listening surprises me. Backed with a strong vision of their goal preventing the project to be over influenced to end up being a disparate work. They are setting up a very dynamic game with a lot of diversity.

Fourth, a sandbox mmorpg is exactly what is lacking at this moment. Especially if it doesn't revolve around the same old leveling system. There is a big hole in the industry right now and Repop is going to take this slot.... :) Well done guys. The timing is good.

This bunch of brilliant people simply have to follow the already well written plan and the thing is done. Everything is there already. So, again my prediction. A massive success.

Oh and btw, how do I vote for the hype level if there is any mean to do so?

Steven

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

3/28/13 10:05:25 AM#124
Originally posted by Atrocitus

First off, I am NOT, repeat, NOT in alpha/beta/whatever...Got it? In NO WAY HAVE I PLAYED THIS GAME YET......

I've seen plenty of videos of the game, listened to the 'devs' speak on the game, and have read plenty about it. Heres why this game will not only tank, but tank bigtime.....

Regardless of how long this 'team' of devs have been working on the game, content will be shallow. Its as simple as work force= gameplay. And they have an extremely small dev team. And we all know how fast gamers fly by content these days. There simply will not be enough to do

Customer service after launch will be relatively non existant. Again, with hardly any funding, how in the hell can they get a sizeable team to deal with the problems in and out of the game? And c'mon people, we all know how the first few weeks of a mmorpg go. People will be crying about tickets not being answered, bugs everywhere, blah blah blah........

The game engine is horribad. Any sizable pvp will end in massive vaporlock. Once again, the almost non existant team won't be able to handle this.

Have you seen the AI in the videos? The mobs just stand there. Period. Its comical.....

I could go on and on, but don't feel like typing any longer. Point of the matter is don't get your hopes up for this game. All signs points to sub par mmo. Once again, I have NOT participated in the game...

The problem with your theory, and that's all it is, is based on an assumption that devs have to create content continuously. If  this was a thempark game I would agree with you. Themeparks have to have conent updates all the time in order to keep people playing. However, this is not a themepark it is a sandbox and those type of games rely more on an abundance of tools at the players fingertips so that they can generate their own content.  From what I've seen this game is going to offer players the ability to create their own cities as well as an economy that is completely player run. Their crafting system is very complex and diverse and the gear in game is crafter dependent so this will be a crafter and social paradise. 

Long story short, if you're one of those players that needs content spoon fed to him like a crack addict, then  you're better off playing any of the dozens of MMOs currenlty out there. How good the gameplay is we just don't know at this point. Long as  the bugs aren't too annoying or numerous and don't impeded my ability to play I'm fine. 

And honestly enough with the fail garbage. Hoping for a game to fail just because it isn't your cup of tea is sad. We need more successes so that genre grows and becomes more diverse. Too many failures and you'll be looking for another hobby because no one will want to invest in a genre that has failure written all over it. 

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

cirsyndic

Hard Core Member

4/12/13 4:59:59 AM#125

The game features sound very promising on paper.

How those features get implemented is what I am most interested in seeing during Alpha/Beta/whenever.

Over the last few years I've played my share of indy sandboxes, in all cases the primary major cause of all problems turned out to be preferential Dev treatment of "closed beta buddies" who had unheard of access to the Dev team. In the last game I played, Perpetuum Online, it was common knowledge that some players had Devs on Skype and frequently influenced game development with their feedback as it suited their corporations in-game.

h0urg1ass

Novice Member

4/13/13 12:30:43 AM#126
Originally posted by cirsyndic

The game features sound very promising on paper.

How those features get implemented is what I am most interested in seeing during Alpha/Beta/whenever.

Over the last few years I've played my share of indy sandboxes, in all cases the primary major cause of all problems turned out to be preferential Dev treatment of "closed beta buddies" who had unheard of access to the Dev team. In the last game I played, Perpetuum Online, it was common knowledge that some players had Devs on Skype and frequently influenced game development with their feedback as it suited their corporations in-game.

Yep, this is exactly the reason I quit playing Perp.  The devs and the leaders of some of the biggest outfits were so far up each others rear ends you couldn't tell where the player ended and the devs began.

I sincerely hope the dev team here learns to keep a modicum of professional decorum with their players and keep the "buddy buddy" salesman type players at arms length like the rest of us.

GreenHell

Novice Member

4/13/13 12:54:18 AM#127

I have faith in this game and this team. Will there be some growing pains along the way? I expect there will be. Lets just hope they have seen what preferential treatment can do to a game and its community. Its not good. Just treat everyone the same. We are all customers. Being buddy buddy with players is a bad idea. It has been proven time and time again.

I personally don't want you guys to be my friend. I want you to act like this is a business and not a good old boys club. Don't think just because you own this that you can shit on some of us and treat others as if they are the golden children. If you follow that one simple rule the community you build will be able to deal with the growing pains. There are a lot of things that we can over look.

I gave you guys money because I believe in this game and your passion for making this game. I do not expect perfection. I just want professionalism, communication and mutual respect. Time will tell.

SaintWalker44

Novice Member

4/13/13 8:07:11 PM#128
Originally posted by SaintWalker44

The Repopulation has been steadily declining in popularity on this site for weeks now. Its currently almost in last place and at this rate will soon disappear alltogether.

People are starting to realize this game, while having good ideas, simply can't bring them or their visions to fruition....

Too bad.....

Prophetic Powers.....

Yup, I have 'em.................

All Will Be Well.....

Loregaba

Novice Member

4/15/13 9:54:12 AM#129

The Repopulation has been steadily declining in popularity on this site for weeks now. Its currently almost in last place and at this rate will soon disappear alltogether.

People are starting to realize this game, while having good ideas, simply can't bring them or their visions to fruition....

Too bad.....

Prophetic Powers.....

The hype level doesn't mean much in respect to a game quality and success. I've seen many game here top rated for months being big disappointement after launch. Beside, its actually at the fifteen position and just came down recently. Which is pretty good for an indie, considering the big players in beta at the moment.

I see no prophetic power, just a lot of negativity.

Steven

MindTrigger

Advanced Member

4/17/13 4:58:34 PM#130
Originally posted by Loregaba

Too bad.....

Prophetic Powers.....

The hype level doesn't mean much in respect to a game quality and success. I've seen many game here top rated for months being big disappointement after launch. Beside, its actually at the fifteen position and just came down recently. Which is pretty good for an indie, considering the big players in beta at the moment.

I see no prophetic power, just a lot of negativity.

Steven

Anyone who has spent a decent amount of time on this site knows the hype level can change in one direction or another in a matter of days as people pay attention to different games.  

Also, who are you to state exactly why the hype has dropped some for this game? Have you interviewed everyone on the website?  You should learn not to make blanket assumptions.  Hype can drop because people become more excited about a different game (permanently or temporarily) as well.  Camelot Unchained is pretty high ion the hype list, and they aren't even funded yet, not to mention being 2+ years from a release date if they make the game.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

ReaperUk

Elite Member

4/17/13 5:13:08 PM#131
The hype level on this site is 8.26 as I write this. How is that bad for a game still in closed development?
  pitonic1

Novice Member

4/17/13 5:47:00 PM#132
What is it that makes people happy when the see a disaster. According to the forum fighters each and every game will be an epic fail.
  magichacker

Apprentice Member

4/19/13 11:01:12 AM#133
Originally posted by remyburke

To the OP: This game is not for you. It's a sandbox, where your character lives in a world rather than playing a video game. In a sandbox, the devs give us the tools, then we the community make our own fun. There is a big shift in fundamental design going on with MMORPGs back to its roots, which might just save this genre from imploding in on itself.

It's OK if you don't get it, it's not your fault. Devs have been shovelling this "themepark level treadmill or die" design down our throats for so long, it's all people understand anymore.

This is why this game will not be an Epic fail.   Like Remy said Sandbox - make your own fun.  In SWG some of my greatest fun times was when I would just sit for hours buffing people in front of the starport.  Doing nothing but sitting and talking to my customers.  Was amazing and would love to do it again if I could, I miss that. 

A well created sandbox will trump any Themepark anyday for keeping people in a game.  Will it have high numbers, doubt it, but it will be a fun game that certain people like myself can get lost in.

Grailer

Apprentice Member

5/20/13 6:06:36 PM#134

this game looks crap , I expected more .

Don't even care if the game is good , it would have to be the most amazing game ever created to look that bad .

dyermaker714

Advanced Member

5/20/13 7:36:47 PM#135
Originally posted by Darth-Batman
I can take people seriously who use CAPS to emphasize their unhappiness and resort to words like terribad to communicate their opinion.

This. That made me laugh out loud

RocSek

Advanced Member

5/21/13 10:55:42 AM#136
Originally posted by Grailer

Don't even care if the game is good , it would have to be the most amazing game ever created to look that bad .

lol, I love people like this. They see an MMO in development (Alpha no less) and think it should look like Mass Effect 3 on full graphics... Thanks for the laugh.

All I heard was... "Well aren't you just a little lolly pop triple dipped in psycho."

CthulhuPuffs

Novice Member

Will consume your soul, yet stay crunchy in milk

5/21/13 10:58:41 AM#137
I think this game will be an EPIC success

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

Games Played: Too Many

darker70

Apprentice Member

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

5/21/13 11:06:58 AM#138

Is it just me or does that make no sense what so ever ?  

KaylettaJade

Advanced Member

5/21/13 2:46:49 PM#139
Originally posted by darker70

Is it just me or does that make no sense what so ever ?  

Some people value pretty over functional and fun.

Whitebeards

Advanced Member

5/21/13 2:53:46 PM#140
Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs
I think this game will be an EPIC success

Then you are smoking what OP was smokin and you both need to stop.

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Search