Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | TERA: Rising

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,818 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,084,470
Above and Beyond Technologies | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Above and Beyond Technologies
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Repopulation Forum » General Discussion » Why The Repopulation will be one of the best sandbox MMOs...

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search
102 posts found
  JC-Smith

Novice Member

2/15/13 11:52:14 PM#101

Another thing to note here, people keep throwing around this 5 developer number. When this game was first announced, we had already had the bulk of the game systems in place with a team of 2 programmers, 1 in-house artist and two steady contract artists. That was the team that created the first few videos. The team currently consists of 14 people, so it's grown a little bit. We've had over 160 applications to help on the project in that time. It would be easy to add a lot of people to create the illusion of a large team, but I personally think that would be a hindrance rather than a benefit.

Having more programmers certainly does make it easier to squash bugs and develop new features at the same time. Having more artists does allow you to get art done more quickly, etc. But it also makes it more difficult to manage everything that is going on. Most large companies I've worked for get a lot less productivity from each employee than smaller teams. You often have people doing nothing while waiting to be told what to do, or waiting on someone else to finish something that is required before they can get started. Simply adding more people isn't always a good solution. 

http://www.therepopulation.com - Scfi Fi Sandbox.

MarlonB

Advanced Member

2/16/13 2:27:18 PM#102
Originally posted by JC-Smith

Simply adding more people isn't always a good solution. 

What would help though is having more hours in a day ... i'm always at least 8 short :)

The Repopulation - Scfi Fi Sandbox.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search