Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Swordsman | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,972 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,987
Above and Beyond Technologies | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Above and Beyond Technologies
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
66 posts found
  Mavolence

Apprentice Member

1/21/13 7:56:42 PM#41
Played SWG since beta and frankly......Screw SWG so damn sick of hearing about that game. You know i used to think it was so so so so so so so so so good then i started playing again with the SWGemu and wow, man i just realized how many times i quit that game and came back during live and it all flooded back to me....the game was so so. I much preferred teh vanguard crafting to SWG anyways. FLAME ON
  RocSek

Advanced Member

1/21/13 8:44:13 PM#42
Originally posted by Mavolence
Played SWG since beta and frankly......Screw SWG so damn sick of hearing about that game. You know i used to think it was so so so so so so so so so good then i started playing again with the SWGemu and wow, man i just realized how many times i quit that game and came back during live and it all flooded back to me....the game was so so. I much preferred teh vanguard crafting to SWG anyways. FLAME ON

No flame. Repops crafting takes a good bit from Vanguard crafting ;)

All I heard was... "Well aren't you just a little lolly pop triple dipped in psycho."

mistmaker

Advanced Member

OP  1/25/13 1:03:28 PM#43

for me it wasnt the crafting especially, it was the whole system together with player run shop (all visible), decaying, gathering...

from all these parts i thought the best is the gathering. it is such a game changer to the crafting. of course this system works just all together.

i am curious for how repop does it, and if it will also get me in.

most i am afraid of the setting, i have to admit, a part what kept me playing SWG was the IP too. playing a bountyhunter was just too funny :-)

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

1/30/13 3:27:38 PM#44

ROFL. 

For me the game had its good points and its bad points. There are some posters here who are wearing very thick rose colored glasses when talking abot that game. I was there during all of it's phases and the complaints on their forums about it's problems were more rancorous than anything I've seen in any game. I do think the crafting, cities and profession system PRe-NGE were it's best parts and is what's mostly missed by many of us who played it. 

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

Thorkune

Spotlight Poster

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!

1/30/13 4:24:49 PM#45
Originally posted by ktanner3

ROFL. 

For me the game had its good points and its bad points. There are some posters here who are wearing very thick rose colored glasses when talking abot that game. I was there during all of it's phases and the complaints on their forums about it's problems were more rancorous than anything I've seen in any game. I do think the crafting, cities and profession system PRe-NGE were it's best parts and is what's mostly missed by many of us who played it. 

People cried pre-NGE and were quitting due to it being too grindy. So, SOE changed it to the NGE and people cried that it wasn't pre-NGE...go figure. I personally preferred the NGE game play. I played it daily for 6 years and never once got burned out with it. It had so much to keep you interested in it.

Thorkune

Spotlight Poster

1/30/13 4:28:34 PM#46
Originally posted by RocSek

I hope you don't take too much from that system. I wasn't impressed with the mini game style of crafting. Everyone told me to try it because it was complex like SWG and I was very disappointed with it.

RocSek

Advanced Member

1/31/13 9:05:19 PM#47
Originally posted by Thorkune

I hope you don't take too much from that system. I wasn't impressed with the mini game style of crafting. Everyone told me to try it because it was complex like SWG and I was very disappointed with it.

Here is a Video from them back in June. I'm sure things have changed a bit since then but you can get an idea of what they are thinking. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yGEKlhhGww

All I heard was... "Well aren't you just a little lolly pop triple dipped in psycho."

Thorkune

Spotlight Poster

2/01/13 8:50:43 AM#48

Here is a Video from them back in June. I'm sure things have changed a bit since then but you can get an idea of what they are thinking. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yGEKlhhGww

I have seen that video and I think the system looks interesting. I just hope that you decide to make random stats on resources needed to craft. If you don't, all items will eventually be the same and there will still be no uniqueness in the process nor item crafted. I know that there has to be max stats on crafted items, but it should be very hard to achieve. I am amazed at the information that you folks have put out so far. If you continue to listen to the players and implement the things that sandboxers truly want, I believe you will have a hit on your hands.

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

2/07/13 12:52:04 PM#49

ROFL. 

People cried pre-NGE and were quitting due to it being too grindy. So, SOE changed it to the NGE and people cried that it wasn't pre-NGE...go figure. I personally preferred the NGE game play. I played it daily for 6 years and never once got burned out with it. It had so much to keep you interested in it.

The people who were complaining about it being too grindy had already left to play WOW and EQ2. The people that were left were happy with the game and just wanted SOE to fix the bugs and introduce some new quests. They didn't want the entire game turned into a WOW clone. 

CreepProphet

Novice Member

A figment of your imagination.

2/07/13 3:02:45 PM#50
I know right? Very exciting stuff!

Waiting on The Repopulation.

Thorkune

Spotlight Poster

2/07/13 8:51:51 PM#51

ROFL. 

The people who were complaining about it being too grindy had already left to play WOW and EQ2. The people that were left were happy with the game and just wanted SOE to fix the bugs and introduce some new quests. They didn't want the entire game turned into a WOW clone. 

I didn't leave it and I thought it was way too grindy. Are you trying to tell me that the holo grind was good?

MarlonB

Apprentice Member

2/08/13 1:46:17 AM#52

ROFL. 

I didn't leave it and I thought it was way too grindy. Are you trying to tell me that the holo grind was good?

I never did the holo-grind ... i was perfectly happy with my creature handler.

SWG was a game of choices, nobody forced you to do the holo-grind :)

The Repopulation - Scfi Fi Sandbox.

CreepProphet

Novice Member

A figment of your imagination.

2/08/13 2:06:01 AM#53
Originally posted by MarlonB

ROFL. 

I never did the holo-grind ... i was perfectly happy with my creature handler.

SWG was a game of choices, nobody forced you to do the holo-grind :)

But, but, light sabers make the COOLEST noise *shhooooooommmmm*

Waiting on The Repopulation.

miagisan

Novice Member

2/08/13 2:17:12 AM#54

coming from someone who played swg from beta for over 6 years, the game had its high points and low points. And yes I am sick of the constant SWG comparisons. I loved crafting in SWG, i had 2 crafting toons (chef and droid engineer), and hope to see something like it again, but there are other games with different types of crafting pther than the point and click WoW type. Just have to broaden your horizons.

And Jedi/hologrind is what killed swg. Never EVER should have been introduced.

Hodo

Advanced Member

2/08/13 10:37:17 AM#55
Originally posted by miagisan

coming from someone who played swg from beta for over 6 years, the game had its high points and low points. And yes I am sick of the constant SWG comparisons. I loved crafting in SWG, i had 2 crafting toons (chef and droid engineer), and hope to see something like it again, but there are other games with different types of crafting pther than the point and click WoW type. Just have to broaden your horizons.

What killed SWG was the combat upgrade patch, where everyone could suddenly become a jedi.

So much crap, so little quality.

miagisan

Novice Member

2/08/13 12:53:54 PM#56
Originally posted by Hodo

What killed SWG was the combat upgrade patch, where everyone could suddenly become a jedi.

no it wasnt the CU ... that was the NGE. Frankly i thought the CU was the best part of the game. No more godly TKA/Swordsman/doc

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

2/10/13 8:42:36 PM#57

no it wasnt the CU ... that was the NGE. Frankly i thought the CU was the best part of the game. No more godly TKA/Swordsman/doc

Agreed. I thought the CU was just the right balance. They should have left the core game alone after that and moved forward with adding content such as they did with Kashyyk and Mustafaar. But then they f*cked it all up with the NGE.

ericlatrelle

Novice Member

2/12/13 12:17:40 AM#58

Agreed. I thought the CU was just the right balance. They should have left the core game alone after that and moved forward with adding content such as they did with Kashyyk and Mustafaar. But then they f*cked it all up with the NGE.

That's exactly how I felt about the CU and about the whole SWG fiasco. All they had to do was continuously work to fix the bugs and the broken professions and add content. If they would have done that instead of going the NGE route, I'm pretty sure SWG would still be around. I know personally, the guild I was in had some people quit when the CU came. But after they tried it out and saw that it was still workable, they came back. When the NGE hit, the guild all but died out in one night. Everyone went to WoW.

aRtFuLThinG

Novice Member

2/12/13 1:55:14 AM#59
Originally posted by ericlatrelle

That's exactly how I felt about the CU and about the whole SWG fiasco. All they had to do was continuously work to fix the bugs and the broken professions and add content. If they would have done that instead of going the NGE route, I'm pretty sure SWG would still be around. I know personally, the guild I was in had some people quit when the CU came. But after they tried it out and saw that it was still workable, they came back. When the NGE hit, the guild all but died out in one night. Everyone went to WoW.

That's pretty much exactly what happened to my guild, and 5 other associated guilds of ours.

That's why I always thought that the NGE benefited WoW because they got to absorb a lot of NGE-SWG leavers.

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

2/13/13 12:18:22 PM#60
Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
Originally posted by ericlatrelle

That's pretty much exactly what happened to my guild, and 5 other associated guilds of ours.

That's why I always thought that the NGE benefited WoW because they got to absorb a lot of NGE-SWG leavers.

Same here. We had a nice city right behind Besitne that became a ghost town after the NGE hit. The quild and city leaders went to Second Life but most went to WOW. It's the only reason I ever gave WOW a shot. I figured that if the game I'm playing is going to change into WOW, might as well try out the real thing. 

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search