Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,250 Users Online:0
Games:712  Posts:6,173,810
Above and Beyond Technologies | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Above and Beyond Technologies
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Repopulation Forum » General Discussion » Should The Repopulation introduce some kind of warning label?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
66 posts found
  Redemp

Apprentice Member

If I didn't respond to you, chances are you're a idiot.

7/16/12 3:02:07 PM#41

How many people in this thread have played the game?

KaylettaJade

Advanced Member

7/16/12 4:03:23 PM#42

We're in alpha, so not many.

I log in pretty much daily though.

PyrateLV

Tipster

7/16/12 4:17:32 PM#43
Originally posted by KaylettaJade

We're in alpha, so not many.

I log in pretty much daily though.

Lucky you!

Alpha/Beta testing is always so much fun because youre actually allowed to find holes, exploits, bugs and ways to break the game without getting banned for it. And it helps make the game less broken and more fun when released.

Yeah, Alpha/Beta testing is sometimes more fun than playing the actual released game.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
Playing: Skyrim
Following: The Repopulation
I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

KaylettaJade

Advanced Member

7/16/12 4:19:45 PM#44

Eh, I don't log in daily to play.  Mostly I'm on the dev server designing missions.  It's definitely fun work, but it isn't even quite the same as playing an alpha or beta.

PyrateLV

Tipster

7/16/12 4:23:53 PM#45

Still more fun than sitting on a messege board talking about it

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
Playing: Skyrim
Following: The Repopulation
I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

Siveria

Spotlight Poster

7/16/12 4:24:32 PM#46

Is repop gonna be another shitty ffa gangfest like all the other "sandbox" mmorpgs that have come out? if so they can shove it. I like pvp but not when its forced and has looting, because that just promotes greifing. Then again most mmo's now a days haven't/aren't able to make worthwhile pvp. Last mmo I played that actually had a decent endgame.pvp was dark age of camelot, you raided for gear, then go kill people with it, which then gets you skill points for bonuses to your char. Haven't seen any other mmo do any sort of endgame right whether it be pve or pvp.

I miss mmo's before wow came out, back when they were very social and group oriented, with the journey being more important than rushing to max to raid, for items that are worthless to you now. Every mmo I have played since wow has come out, has pretty much been wow in a new skin with nothing new at all added to it of worth.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Adalwulff

Apprentice Member

"I am not the light, or the darkness, but the twilight in between"

7/16/12 4:29:27 PM#47

I think its a great idea, at least to raise awarness that this game is not for the light hearted.

But, it would go largely ignored.

KaylettaJade

Advanced Member

7/16/12 4:33:52 PM#48
Originally posted by Siveria

Is repop gonna be another shitty ffa gangfest like all the other "sandbox" mmorpgs that have come out? if so they can shove it. I like pvp but not when its forced and has looting, because that just promotes greifing. Then again most mmo's now a days haven't/aren't able to make worthwhile pvp. Last mmo I played that actually had a decent endgame.pvp was dark age of camelot, you raided for gear, then go kill people with it, which then gets you skill points for bonuses to your char. Haven't seen any other mmo do any sort of endgame right whether it be pve or pvp.

I miss mmo's before wow came out, back when they were very social and group oriented, with the journey being more important than rushing to max to raid, for items that are worthless to you now. Every mmo I have played since wow has come out, has pretty much been wow in a new skin with nothing new at all added to it of worth.

Repop isn't FFA, it has both hardcoded factions and an allies system that is code enforced. Take a look at the game overview categories on the main website and read the features.

Terranah

Apprentice Member

7/16/12 4:41:03 PM#49

We have a warning label for violence, sex, bad language, adult situations....might as well add one for stupid.  

Maybe the game should come with a tournequette just incase you cut yourself opening the box.  LOL

Siveria

Spotlight Poster

7/16/12 5:15:14 PM#50

I wish mmorpg's would stop trying to claim they have no levels, because they do, TSW's Levels are based on what gear you have equipped. Some of the endgame dungeons won't let you in unless you have certan quality gear on, bascally a level lock out.

Anyway this is my first time reading about repop and the only thing I kinda dislike is the fact it has a generic mmo combat system option, be better if they could try to do away with that entirely. I also hope they make pvp worthwhile, I am so tired of mmo's having pvp but there is no real reason to bother with it due to lack of rewards. Dark age of camelot did it best, you gain skill points to get special abilities and stat boosts thru pvp. Repop could do something like this, would be the first game since daoc to do so.

All and all this game is going to be one i am going to watch very closely.. if they actually deliver what they are promising at launch(most mmo devs promise alot of stuff then its never there at launch and never gets put in), I can see myself playing for a fairly long time.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

KaylettaJade

Advanced Member

7/16/12 5:46:12 PM#51

Repop's pvp can have consequences.  They will have city sieges and we're currently discussing adding some pvp based resource nodes.  The specifics aren't designed yet, but the devs have said they like the idea of consequential pvp for more than just city sieges.

The normal server won't have corpse loot, but they are looking at having a hardcore server with full loot among other things.

alexanys1982

Advanced Member

WTB a sandbox mmo with WoW's polish.

8/26/12 6:40:34 PM#52
This genre was never meant for the masses. Its a fluke 1 company was blesed with, nothing more.  I like World of Warcraft but I hate what its success did to an entire generation of MMO's. What happened with Warcraft, SWTOR, and the NGE fiasco should be used as examples and learning tools. I consider those the three most important events (games) in the genre so far.

Vlhad77

Novice Member

11/08/12 2:01:13 AM#53

I don't believe the Repop devs are willing to sell out to some soulless corporate publisher.  Money isn't whats driving these guys to make the game, so they aren't going to let their vision be turned into some massive pile of crap just for money.

yes please dont ever let $OE buy this game and screw it up like they did one MMO that was the best thing out there till they got hold of it and fuc&ed it up.

BizkitNL

Old School

"Free to play, pay to win""

11/08/12 2:08:28 AM#54

The game isn't even out yet and people are already trying to "protect" it from the masses?

lol

Feel like trying Planetside 2? Get a headstart with the starter kit!

Vlhad77

Novice Member

11/08/12 5:15:22 PM#55
Originally posted by BizkitNL

The game isn't even out yet and people are already trying to "protect" it from the masses?

lol

well of course because this time its gonna the best thing ever.  This game is gonna be "the chosen one"

strangiato2112

Spotlight Poster

11/08/12 5:23:21 PM#56
Originally posted by Vlhad7734

I don't believe the Repop devs are willing to sell out to some soulless corporate publisher.  Money isn't whats driving these guys to make the game, so they aren't going to let their vision be turned into some massive pile of crap just for money.

yes please dont ever let $OE buy this game and screw it up like they did one MMO that was the best thing out there till they got hold of it and fuc&ed it up.

Matrix Online?

Vlhad77

Novice Member

11/08/12 5:25:57 PM#57
Originally posted by strangiato2112

Matrix Online?

nope SWG

remyburke

Hard Core Member

I liked MMOs better when gamers didn't play them, and just geeks did.

11/08/12 5:29:45 PM#58
Maybe just coin a new term. Something like: WorldSim or MMOSIM

Playing: ESO

Played: AC1, AC2, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

strangiato2112

Spotlight Poster

11/08/12 5:49:54 PM#59

Matrix Online?

nope SWG

Um, SoE CREATED SWG. So you really meant to say 'Please dont  let Lucas Arts have total control over the direction of your game'.

Vlhad77

Novice Member

11/09/12 3:23:25 PM#60

Matrix Online?

nope SWG

Um, SoE CREATED SWG. So you really meant to say 'Please dont  let Lucas Arts have total control over the direction of your game'.

lol ok yea ok

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search