Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,562 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,282
Above and Beyond Technologies | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Above and Beyond Technologies
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Repopulation Forum » General Discussion » PvE content explained

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
21 posts found
  KaylettaJade

Apprentice Member

10/23/12 10:53:55 PM#21
Originally posted by GeezerGamer
Originally posted by GwapoJosh
Originally posted by GeezerGamer

A cash shop in a sandbox?

And you think this is going to work?

It will work if it's fluff stuff..  I can't wait to play this game!

I just went to their website's FAQ

What Will Be In the Cash Shop? Will It Be Pay To Win?

We will not be Pay To Win. It is our feeling that free players are an important part of the user base and they add to the community. We don’t want those players to feel that they are at an unfair disadvantage just because they haven’t paid. While there may be things like skill gain increase boosts, we’re looking at lower increases than the 100%+ than has become standard in modern MMOs. We also don’t plan on adding items of power, such as potent armor, weapons or fittings. We do feel that players should earn whatever they get. That having been said, we do have to generate revenue in some way.

While I really have no idea how this will impact the game since the above description is very vague, I have to think in a sandbox, the game's most successful players will be the Cash Shop users. It really doesn't take Power items. All it takes in a sandbox is one item that you can resell. It's not a Themepark. If they sell currency or anything that can be traded for currencly the game is P2W. I watched a similar dynamic in Anarchy Online where players were reselling Tokens for Credits and with Credits, well, everyhing is possible in Anarchy Online.

Knowing what kind of ideas are being thrown around for the cash shop, I'm not concerned that it will severly and negatively impact gameplay for those who choose to not pay anything. The fanbase on the official forums does not want to see Repop end up pay2win, whether intentionally or by accident, and the devs aren't interested in it either. The "anything that can be bought with real money and then resold in game messes up the economy" has already been brought up on the forums.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search