Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Heroes of the Storm

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,643,589 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,307
Above and Beyond Technologies | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Above and Beyond Technologies
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Repopulation Forum » General Discussion » Is this like SWG or not, simple yes or no

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
42 posts found
  LoverNoFighter

Novice Member

SWG pre cu > all

10/02/12 3:30:47 AM#41
Originally posted by Burntvet
Originally posted by CasualMaker
Originally posted by ZigZags
Originally posted by ktanner3
I thought the way SWG did PVP was the right way. Just flag yourself and have at it. No need to make seperate servers for that alone. 

Talk about the worst pvp system ever. "Flag yourself"? Being able to control when and if you can be attacked is too "Hello kitty island adventure" for anybody with a backbone in gaming.

It worked fine, especially with scanners to unmask your allegiance and faction-sensitive mine fields. Sign up with either side and you were never in real control.

That plus the "crackdown" troops walking the streets and the ones walking into cantinas could flag someone as an "overt" member of one faction or the other.

Frankly, open, non-consensual PvP in a game with heavy crafting is not a good thing, especially when there are dedicated non-combat classes that do the crafting.

Personally, I think SWG had the right balance for that.

SWG had a lot of things right.

All except management.

dumpcat

Advanced Member

10/09/12 4:56:31 PM#42
SWG flagging system was great. There were PvP zones that auto flagged you. My guild had crafters space junkies and ground PvP folks who kept themselves flagged as much as possible. It made for a great community of different player types.
3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search