Achaea is a massively multiplayer online text game, also known as a multi-user dungeon, or MUD. In it, you take on the role of a male or female of eighteen years of age, of one of a range of races, who has recently left home to begin to seek his or her fortune. Through a myriad of experiences ranging from sojourns into the deepest dungeons to roles of political leadership to, if you prove worthy, Ascension to the ranks of the Gods themselves you will grow as a character in depth and if you desire, in fame.
- 100% free to play, right in your browser
- An original world of fantasy, swords, and sorcery, with unparalleled roleplay
- A wide variety of unique character skills
- A unique war system, allowing players to besiege, raid, and destroy enemy cities
- Thousands of different quests
- Players able to purchase ships and sail across the oceans to discover uncharted lands
- Atavian | Given wings by Vastar, the Skylord. Primarily reside in Arcadia and Genji.
- Dwarf | Stocky humanoids created by Phaestus, gifted with a soul by Proteus.
- Grook | Strongly resembling humanoid amphibians, possibly created through magical experiments.
- Horkval | Strongly resembling humanoid insects, with very tough exoskeletons or carapaces.
- Human | An extremely tenacious and enduring race, with an inherent combination of order and chaos.
- Mhun | Underground dwellers, slightly weaker than Humans, but more agile.
- Rajamala | Tiger-like humanoids of unknown, possibly alien, origin.
- Satyr | Half-human, half-goat, and a very jovial race of only males.
- Siren | A race of females only, with the magical ability to seduce and beguile men.
- Troll | Descendants of the giant Gruul and a human woman, with strong physical traits.
- Tsol’aa | A race closely resembling Humans, mostly peaceful and living in remote areas.
- Xoran | An lien race of humanoid lizards, powerful and intelligent.
- Alchemist | Manipulators of the energies of the ether.
- Apostate | Known as ‘priests of Evil’, controlling the skills of Evileye and Necromancy.
- Bard | Bards are much adored for the music and style they bring to their Harmonics, Swashbuckling, and Voicecraft skills.
- Blademaster | Agile swordsmen, masters of the sword and self.
- Druid | One of the most ancient races, with powers derived from forests and beasts.
- Infernal | Knights of Evil who display their own virtues of honor and chivalry.
- Jester | Carefree wanderers devoted to amusement, high jinks, and humor.
- Magi | Spellcasters of the ‘purest’ magic, able to perfectly balance offensive and defensive powers.
- Monk | Masters of blunt weapons, kai energy, and telepathy.
- Occultist | Worshippers of the Chaos Lords, researchers and practitioners of mysterious arts and magics.
- Paladin | Fearsome, noble, and chivalrous warriors of Creation and Light.
- Priest | Walking examples of a higher moral code, wielding great spiritual and elemental powers.
- Runewarden | The epitome of discipline and honor in combat, with their focus on protection and preservation.
- Sentinel | Akin to Druids as protectors of the forest, but with an equal focus on the ways of civilization.
- Serpent | Superbly skilled in the ways of stealth, subterfuge, and hypnosis, making it very frustrating to fight them.
- Shaman | Fiercely spiritual and reclusive, drawing their powers from the darker side of mysticism.
- Sylvan | Scholars of Nature possessing the powers of the elements.