The latest Pathfinder Online update has been posted with the great news that the team was able to accomplish all of its goals for Q4 2013. The letter goes into a lot of detail about what that means but we've got the quick and dirty look for your perusal.
We started with an experience we wanted players to have once the quarter was complete. This list was:
- At log in, the player can select a Wizard, Rogue, Cleric, or Fighter to play at 4th level (with prebuilt stats and wearing appropriate gear).
- Each class has at least one weapon with a full set of attacks.
- Once logged in, the player can run around a multi-hex area with different hexes having their own escalation Strength.
- Each hex is appropriately populated with monsters due to the escalation cycle.
- There are two escalation cycles running, originating from different monster hexes.
- There are two settlement hexes, showing different stages of advancement.
- Players can get loot from treasure chests spread across the hexes.
- In combat, players can take advantage of different states and effects on the target and use attacks to put those on the target.
- Characters can earn achievements for completing goals in game.
- Players will have some number of XP they can spend at trainers in the settlements to purchase additional skills that require achievements to unlock.
While some of the moving pieces still have to fit together, we met the experience goals we set for ourselves.
Read the more detailed version on the Pathfinder Online site.