Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Black Gold | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,501 Users Online:0
Games:721  Posts:6,188,706
Goblinworks | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Paizo Publishing
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Pathfinder Online Forum » General Discussion » Why invest when they can't even make a good webpage?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  Silacoid

Advanced Member

OP  1/16/13 10:53:44 PM#21

I think a lot of people are missing my point.  If you are a professional company rolling out a quality product, there should be pride in EVERYTHING that you put out for the public to see.  While the website itself is not at all important to me, the fact that it looks like a rookie web designer made it is a sign of the care they put into the product. 

I could be wrong and they could just be extremely focused and dedicated to the actual game, but I doubt it.  I envision this being a lousy product, taking advantage of people's ideas of Pathfinder to make a quick buck.

As for the investor part, you are investing your money with the expectation of being able to play the game at a future point.  For all you know, it will collapse and you'll receive nothing for you money.  Either way, complaining about word choice like that is a little pathetic imo.

Redmow

Novice Member

1/16/13 11:04:25 PM#22

What are they supposed to have on their webpage? Seems it would be a pretty boring webpage anyway.

Some websites just have a logo and a clickie for email news. Because they don't have enough to post yet.  I really don't think that is a precursor to utter failure.

MMOGamer71

Advanced Member

1/16/13 11:16:45 PM#23
Originally posted by Silacoid

I think a lot of people are missing my point.  If you are a professional company rolling out a quality product, there should be pride in EVERYTHING that you put out for the public to see.  While the website itself is not at all important to me, the fact that it looks like a rookie web designer made it is a sign of the care they put into the product. 

I could be wrong and they could just be extremely focused and dedicated to the actual game, but I doubt it.  I envision this being a lousy product, taking advantage of people's ideas of Pathfinder to make a quick buck.

As for the investor part, you are investing your money with the expectation of being able to play the game at a future point.  For all you know, it will collapse and you'll receive nothing for you money.  Either way, complaining about word choice like that is a little pathetic imo.

Just amazing.  Think of how much they save on having a simple website while trying to fund the actual game.

BlackUhuru

Novice Member

"When you are confused, you are learning something"

1/17/13 12:22:35 AM#24
@Silacoid

All the information you need you can find on the Paizo website, that is their home base.

The transition to the Goblinworks website will be at a later date.

There is no need for Fireworks and bling at this time.

If you have any questions that concern you, join the Paizo message boards and anyone one of the devs I'm sure will answer you questions.

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

Wraithone

Hard Core Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

1/17/13 12:29:06 AM#25
I don't understand how people get conned into investing in a game just by the description.  Their website is about as simple in terms of coding as it gets, so why would anyone expect the game to be a decent quality?

I'd rather they use their time/talent and money on the game.  They are currently using the other web site, which is already established and can handle all of the various functions involved.

Slapshot1188

Elite Member

1/17/13 5:23:45 AM#26

This is not the company's first product.  They have an extensive catalog of products that they have created and sold.  Those products have become the some most popular table top RPG items, even outselling D&D.   While I am not terribly familiar with all their products I have seen their Pathfinder Beginners Box and it was surprisingly HIGH QUALITY.  I would suspect that their other products are the same, or they would not be so popular.

So we could go by past experience, or we could go by your "gut"....

I know which one I will lean towards.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

GR3NDEL

Novice Member

1/17/13 10:55:31 AM#27

SWTOR's website was amazing when I first started visiting it - full of features, background lore, graphics... the works.

A great website does not necessarily a great game make.

Plus I think GoblinWorks did this one right - running through Paizo's website (and forums) already gets them in direct contact with the player base - which is critically important.

Traugar

Advanced Member

1/17/13 2:27:43 PM#28
Originally posted by GR3NDEL

SWTOR's website was amazing when I first started visiting it - full of features, background lore, graphics... the works.

A great website does not necessarily a great game make.

Plus I think GoblinWorks did this one right - running through Paizo's website (and forums) already gets them in direct contact with the player base - which is critically important.

Plus for this game there is no need for a website to tell people the lore.  Golarion has tons of lore.  All someone has to do is play some Pathfinder Society games at a local gameshop, or buy some of the setting books for the PnP game.  

Niquity

Novice Member

1/19/13 3:54:30 PM#29
Beacue there are alot of big names behind this game, the dev of this webpage right here is supporting this game even. he put in $35 if i recall and the guy down at GW2 are also looking at this one because of who is backing it. something to think about if you do plan on supporting them.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search