Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,739,400 Users Online:0
Games:715  Posts:6,177,446
NCSoft | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:NCSoft
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Forum » General Discussion » Lineage: What D3 *COULD* Have been!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search
94 posts found
  seiiya

Novice Member

4/21/12 2:20:10 PM#81
Originally posted by DarkAsmodeus

This is the trailer for recently announced Lineage Eternal. The viewpoint takes it back to L1 and reminds me a LOT of Ultima and Baldurs Gate. 

NCsoft has taken the throne imho, with Anet and Guild Wars, and now THIS!?!?!?!??

Sorry D3... ITS OVER... you have just been sent to the grave. Lineage Eternal looks to have better combat, EPIC sieges, and is a full fledged mmo.

I would bet on houses and of course castles to claim, etc, following in true Lineage tradition. 

The scope of these battles and the interactive environments looks awesome. 

ENJOY 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q-OV2ix_HU

after all those years and look what diablo 3 looks like lol..cheap cartoonish rip off (my opinion)

lineage eternal looks already MILES ahead of D3

lineage eternal day one for me

Warmaker

Novice Member

4/21/12 10:38:38 PM#82

It' what happens when a successful group of people sit on their laurels too long.  They just don't try as hard, or be cutting edge anymore.  2 video game companies that I used to love years ago are this way now, and for all intents and purposes, lost to me.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

Jakard

Apprentice Member

4/21/12 10:41:16 PM#83

This is the trailer for recently announced Lineage Eternal. The viewpoint takes it back to L1 and reminds me a LOT of Ultima and Baldurs Gate. 

NCsoft has taken the throne imho, with Anet and Guild Wars, and now THIS!?!?!?!??

Sorry D3... ITS OVER... you have just been sent to the grave. Lineage Eternal looks to have better combat, EPIC sieges, and is a full fledged mmo.

I would bet on houses and of course castles to claim, etc, following in true Lineage tradition. 

ENJOY 

*Yawn* Another Blizzard sucks. The sky if falling post. Nothing to see here.

ShadowVlican

Novice Member

4/22/12 5:19:06 PM#84
Originally posted by seiiya

ENJOY 

after all those years and look what diablo 3 looks like lol..cheap cartoonish rip off (my opinion)

lineage eternal looks already MILES ahead of D3

lineage eternal day one for me 

this

nariusseldon

Elite Member

4/23/12 9:13:08 PM#85

nah .. i will stick with D3.

Aori

Advanced Member

4/23/12 9:26:07 PM#86

NCwest will manage it here in the west so i'll have to pass. Hacks, cheats and corruption are things i'm not looking for in a game. Otherwise it could have been a great game.

xLorettax

Novice Member

4/26/12 2:18:27 PM#87
I loved lineage 1 and I miss it. Will this lineage not ha e the same pvp open world? What about  the player interaction lineage1 had. 
  User Deleted
5/04/12 9:58:46 AM#88

One shouldn't compare LE to D3.
LE is about innovation, fun gameplay and a mmo with real advanced graphics and hack & slay.
D3 is running solely on fanboy nostalgica and is centered about money money money and money, metagaming less about the game(play) itself..

NCsoft isn't the charrity either but they don't design LE around it.

Just look at the way you control spells with mouse gesture and then get back to button smashing with cartoonish WoW graphics.

Let's just hope enough of L1 and L2 survived in LE story and itemwise. (L2 used icon graphics from l1 and even armor set names and themes :)

dwarflordking

Novice Member

6/01/12 10:17:10 PM#89

why would anyone complain that its an mmo, that means huge large scale battles! D3 four player cap sucks ass

skullbreaker

Novice Member

6/02/12 1:18:52 AM#90

Will definitely be checking this out. No open PVP/PK will probably destroy the social aspect that made L2 awesome in the beginning.

These games thrive on drama. Heres hoping for an open PVP server with similar rules to L2 at OB/launch.

http://www.krelslibrary.org
THE SOURCE for the truth about Mourning

teakbois

Apprentice Member

6/02/12 1:25:10 AM#91

This game will not do will in the west because it has lineage brand attached to it.  Not exactly a beloved name in MMORPG gaming here.

Raven

Novice Member

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato

7/01/12 2:03:36 PM#92
Originally posted by skullbreaker

Will definitely be checking this out. No open PVP/PK will probably destroy the social aspect that made L2 awesome in the beginning.

These games thrive on drama. Heres hoping for an open PVP server with similar rules to L2 at OB/launch.

L2 OB/Launch was one of the best times I have ever had on any MMO, Talking Island was just amazing, fingers crossed they will manage to capture the essence of Lineage with this.

Emeraq

Novice Member

7/01/12 2:20:27 PM#93

I find it humorous that the OP says (paraphrasing) that D3 will be sent to the grave, but doing a search online, I just read that LE will release in 2014.... I'd say that D3 has plenty of time to live, and has potential change and expand.

If the LE were on the verge of release back in November 2011 when this thread was created, you never know.. But 2-3 years after D3 launched.... Naw.

Bushi131

Apprentice Member

7/01/12 3:15:20 PM#94
Originally posted by BabyChooChoo

God forbid both games can coexist...

They might pretty much do both very well. even after years.

But after seeing that trailer I wonder if diablo 3 even exit.

It looked like Diablo3 to me.

With all that gameplay / fun / interraction / ragdoll / etc...

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search