Trending Games | ArcheAge | EverQuest | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,297 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,276,221
NCSoft | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:NCSoft
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Forum » General Discussion » Lineage: What D3 *COULD* Have been!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
94 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  11/09/11 11:48:51 PM#21

Lineage has generally not been considered an "easy mode" type of MMO world to play through. Fighting masses of enemies is definately one of their features though. 

As for the combat if you watch the video it is very action oriented IMO, almost as far to say it would be twitch based, off of reaction times like doing whirlwinds and aiming spells and such. 

It will make player sieges quite epic IMO! Especially the way a lot of these abilities look, flinging people all over the place and impaling them to whalls, slamming them to the earth with spells and whatnot.

User Deleted

OP  11/09/11 11:54:50 PM#22
Originally posted by bezado

I disagree. D3 will still be bigger then that game you listed because D3 has a culture and large backing of previous fans, not to mention 10 million possible fans Blizzard can show the way to D3 when it releases. There is no way D3 will fail based on another game being slightly better in the same type. D3 is much more popular. New better things that traditionally come along tend to take a long time to become popular.

You do realize Lineage was / is one of the biggest MMO franchises of all time?

NCsoft dwarfs blizzard simply with their Asian audience and have for quite a long time, yet many dont realize this. I mean look at the money they throw on Anet in regards to GW2. 

D3 won't fail, but this game will be what D3 **Could** have been imo. 

Better combat, on an MMO scale, with massive player PVP sieges. 

Ultima fans win, Lineage fans win, D3 style fans win, MMO fans is the dream come true. 

Jimmy562

Advanced Member

11/09/11 11:59:02 PM#23
Originally posted by Sovrath
Originally posted by uidCaustic

Looks like another MMO best played with a controller.  Not interested.

except that it's click to move and you use the mouse to designate special attacks and defense.

Always a killer for me, click to move that is. Can never get into them.

I also would of prefered a rotating camera and WASD controller, similar to Sacred 2. 

The game does look very good but I would never buy it simply for the fact its click to move.

User Deleted

OP  11/10/11 12:15:29 AM#24

Control scheme may not be limited to point to click, details are very limited atm. Also the camera view can be rotated and zoomed in

CalmOceans

Hard Core Member

11/10/11 12:21:41 AM#25

My only issue with these Hack 'n Slash games is that you feel less involved because it's shot from so high above.

bezado

Novice Member

*WARNING*
Objects in mirror are closer to Trolls than they appear.

11/10/11 12:40:05 AM#26

Originally posted by DarkAsmodeus

Originally posted by bezado
I disagree. D3 will still be bigger then that game you listed because D3 has a culture and large backing of previous fans, not to mention 10 million possible fans Blizzard can show the way to D3 when it releases. There is no way D3 will fail based on another game being slightly better in the same type. D3 is much more popular. New better things that traditionally come along tend to take a long time to become popular.

You do realize Lineage was / is one of the biggest MMO franchises of all time?
NCsoft dwarfs blizzard simply with their Asian audience and have for quite a long time, yet many dont realize this. I mean look at the money they throw on Anet in regards to GW2. 
D3 won't fail, but this game will be what D3 **Could** have been imo. 

Better combat, on an MMO scale, with massive player PVP sieges. 
Ultima fans win, Lineage fans win, D3 style fans win, MMO fans is the dream come true. 

Yes I know that, played it years ago, and I know how big it is with the Asian market. But that still does nothing when you compare the two. Diablo series has success and many millions of fans while this isn't the same Lineage but now compared to the D3 style it wont do as good coming out at first. D3 has more fans and will pickup quicker then this. If you or others think differently then you never played or took part in the Diablo series or know that Blizzard is a beast of advertising pull.

tank017

Novice Member

11/10/11 12:43:13 AM#27

Since when did Diablo have a throne to anything?

If both games are good then enjoy both.

Axehilt

Novice Member

11/10/11 1:01:44 AM#28

Definitely looks worth trying.  Certainly won't be more successsful than D3, though it seems to have a chance of being as fun as D3.

Hewra

Novice Member

11/10/11 1:12:18 AM#29

wow, looks awsome!

I love how you do the special moves.

click to move rocks, makes it easier to eat or w/e and playing at the same time.

i wanna play this game now!

Yuui

Novice Member

11/10/11 1:17:16 AM#30

Mind you, as I said about this trailer on L2 forums of this very website, This seems to be a far more like a mmo than D3 is. Its more in line with Lineage 1 and if its more in line with Lineage 1 there's a great chance that they won't instance it as much as they do with other games of that nature.

Also let's not forget that LE focuses on massive siege warfare. This trailer was just showing off first 3 classes out of 5. There's whole other side than PVE that is still left unseen and we still did not have the announcement itself at G*Star (only press conference announcement), as we will most likely see a whole lot more this weekend :)

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
# A MASKED CRY ADORING
# A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

bugse82

Novice Member

11/10/11 1:39:12 AM#31

the stairs climbing at the beginning looks fckn awesome!!!

more isometric-view MMOs, please!

Nhoj1983

Advanced Member

11/10/11 1:39:12 AM#32

It looks like lineage 1 reborn.. and to those that repeat that Diablo has more fans.. I think Korea begs to differ..  Lineage was the first mmo to break the millions barrier and I think L1 still has something along those numbers subbed to this day in Korea.  If not it's still substatial.  I for one am going to buy both but this is what I'd started to wonder if it would ever happen.. another lineage!!!  My favorite mmo ip.  I can't wait.  By the way before this get's into a hopeless flame war the poster means is this IS a persistant MMORPG while Diablo isn't.

DJJazzy

Novice Member

11/10/11 2:24:22 AM#33
Originally posted by Nhoj1983

By the way before this get's into a hopeless flame war the poster means is this IS a persistant MMORPG while Diablo isn't.

I was actually wondering if it is an mmo. It looks like action rpg. I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed it is an mmo.

OgreRaper

Novice Member

11/10/11 2:40:23 AM#34

Oh man! I loved Lineage 1. One of my favorite games of all time. If Lineage Eternal can capture that same feel that made me enjoy the original, count me in... I'll be buying it for sure =)

Unlight

Novice Member

11/10/11 5:49:14 AM#35
Originally posted by Unlight

Remarkable vid.  I don't know anything about the Lineage series.  What are the chances of seeing it localized for North America?

Heh, it just keeps getting easier to watch Diablo disappear in the rearview mirror.

That wasn't a rhetorical question; I'd actually like to cure my ignorance.  How well might it translate for western audiences based on the previous games in the franchise?

QSatu

Hard Core Member

11/10/11 5:49:52 AM#36

It looks incredibly nice. just thinking about sieges with 100+ people.. awesome. Can't wait =] I hope there will be more classes. I like Lineage world so it's a plus for me too.

Edit. Lineage 2 is very popular in the west. Most people play on private servers but a lot of people like Lineage artstyle and gameplay. Don't know how much they will like an isometric game.

vladakov

Novice Member

11/10/11 6:04:19 AM#37

O M G thanks alot!

i'm so extremely hyped for this game now its unreal, damn ;o

that gameplay looks awesome! especially the siege, i'm a sucker for those kind of things.

and if this just got announced, well i have to say they're already pretty good at what they're doing :O

Ephimero

Novice Member

11/10/11 9:24:22 AM#38

Remarkable vid.  I don't know anything about the Lineage series.  What are the chances of seeing it localized for North America?

Heh, it just keeps getting easier to watch Diablo disappear in the rearview mirror.

That wasn't a rhetorical question; I'd actually like to cure my ignorance.  How well might it translate for western audiences based on the previous games in the franchise?

Both Lineage I and II were localized for North America and Europe, so 100% chances?

dave6660

Apprentice Member

"Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you."

11/10/11 12:34:57 PM#39
Originally posted by Axehilt

Definitely looks worth trying.  Certainly won't be more successsful than D3, though it seems to have a chance of being as fun as D3.

I'll admit, I'm a huge Diablo fan.  Diablo 3 will be initially successful because it's a sequel to a popular series.  I'm hoping it lives up to the hype.

I'm also a big fan of the Lineage series so I'm hoping that does well too.

But  it's way to early to say Lineage Eternal won't be as successful before either are released.  Who knows what will happen.

"Why so serious?"
-- The Joker

Axehilt

Novice Member

11/10/11 12:36:21 PM#40
Originally posted by Yuui

Mind you, as I said about this trailer on L2 forums of this very website, This seems to be a far more like a mmo than D3 is. Its more in line with Lineage 1 and if its more in line with Lineage 1 there's a great chance that they won't instance it as much as they do with other games of that nature.

Also let's not forget that LE focuses on massive siege warfare. This trailer was just showing off first 3 classes out of 5. There's whole other side than PVE that is still left unseen and we still did not have the announcement itself at G*Star (only press conference announcement), as we will most likely see a whole lot more this weekend :)

Unfortunately that sounds like there's also a great chance of ultra-grind ruining the fun before it begins.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search