In an announcement made on the official PlanetSide forums, the Werner server will merge into the Gemini server, bringing the total number of servers down to one. This merger is scheduled to take place on August 25th, 2009.
Naturally, there will be naming conflicts due to the merge and SOE has provided the rules that will apply in these situations. Find them below:
Character Name Conflict Rules
- Players that have logged in to their characters during the ninety (90) day period immediately preceding the server merge will have priority to their character names.
- If both players have logged in to their characters during the ninety (90) day period immediately preceding the server merge, priority goes to the player who created the character name first.
- If neither player has logged in to their characters during the ninety (90) day period immediately preceding the server merge, priority still goes to the player who created the character name first.
- Characters who are deemed the lower priority duplicate name based on the rules described above will have a "-W" (for Werner characters) or a "-G" (for Gemini) added to the end of their name.
- Any player who receives the "-W" or "-G" to the end of his or her character name will be able to change his or her name by using the following command in game: /rename
- There is no deadline for name change completion, but once a name is changed it cannot be changed again.
Reserve, trial and rental accounts that did not convert to a fully paid and entitled subscription prior to August 25, 2009, will have all characters on such accounts deleted, will not be eligible to have characters moved to the Gemini server as part of the server merge, and will no longer have access to characters on those accounts after the server merge (August 25, 2009).
Example of a name conflict: If "Thom" from Werner was created before "Thom" from Gemini, then "Thom" from Werner would remain the same, and "Thom" from Gemini would become "Thom-G" on Gemini.
Outfit Name Conflict Rules
Duplicated outfit names will change similar to duplicated character names.
- Priority will be given to the outfit name created first. The outfit name created second will be deemed the duplicate name.
- Outfit names that are deemed to be the duplicate outfit name will have a "-W" (for Werner outfits) or an "-G" (for Gemini outfits) added to the end of their outfit name.
- Outfits with a duplicate name containing the "-W" or "-G" suffix, will be allowed to change their outfit name. Outfit leaders will be permitted to change the outfit name while in game with the command: /outfitrename
- There is no deadline for name change completion, but once a name is changed, it cannot be changed again.
The full announcement can be found here.