Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,784,716 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,572
Atriarch (ARCH)
World Fusion
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel N/A)
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
31 posts found
  GrimSkunk2

Novice Member

12/12/05 4:17:29 PM#21

I had no idea this game even existed at all until today and, seeing as it is about 3 years old, I'd say the better get their act in gear and start a massive ad campaign.

-W.

SpiritofGame

Novice Member

12/15/05 11:29:19 PM#22

Started following that game about the time Horizons was in its old Phase 1 Alpha form.

If it releases, it should do about as well as the revamped Horizons did (meaning, not very well).

Vindicta

Apprentice Member

12/18/05 6:21:18 PM#23

Ah, Horizons...remember when that game actually sounded like it would be good?  You know, with vampires, angels, and demons?  Sigh...

I think I applied to this beta like back in 2002 or something...I can't imagine it ever coming out, and even then I doubt it will do well, but I certainly wish it would...

Preston

Novice Member

1/20/06 12:01:01 PM#24

Originally posted by Vindicta

Ah, Horizons...remember when that game actually sounded like it would be good?  You know, with vampires, angels, and demons?  Sigh...

I think I applied to this beta like back in 2002 or something...I can't imagine it ever coming out, and even then I doubt it will do well, but I certainly wish it would...

I applied for beta back in 2000 -- so I beat you!

Damn poll

yeah
no
(login to vote)

_Overkill_

Novice Member

1/25/06 11:11:08 AM#25

This game had plenty of potential, but no publishers (I believe) to bite.  The company that is/was (World Fusion) developing this game was also doing other jobs as well.  Atriarch was its project, but the money for it had to come from the company itself.  Which is sad, b/c the features that they were introducing were at least 4 years ahead of its time.  Now im starting to see games that are in production that are introducing many of the same concepts that Atriarch was headed for.  Its really unfortunate, good people with great ideas.  Horizons was also a great in its first concept, but wow, looking at it now, the only thing they seemed to keep was the dragon idea... which I think was one of the things that made it popular in the first place.  The screenies were also well done.

I was really looking forward to this game simply b/c of the character selections.  There were a ton to choose from.  Demons, Angels, Dragons, Giants, Bug creatures, Cat race, etc... they had a great concept, wish someone would continue it, the ideas while middle earth like, were original and it had an enormous following.  Cant believe it fell so hard.

Edit: was World Fusion always the name of the Atriach developer team?

tortus Xfire Miniprofile
  remyburke

Hard Core Member

I liked MMOs better when gamers didn't play them, and just geeks did.

2/03/06 1:59:29 PM#26

Originally posted by Jabberwokky
It isn't a good sign when 3 year-old post is asking if a game is dead.

lol....

MMORPG.com member: 10th Year Anniversary. Where has the time gone...?

Waiting for: ArcheAge

Played: AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
ESO, FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

Nihilis

Novice Member

The wind, sharp as razors, whispers your name in its invisible labyrinth of hidden mystery.

4/29/06 3:10:27 AM#27
 I came upon this thread while looking at the games under Games in Development and found I had never heard of Atriarch.  Then I find a post asking if the game is dead, this post was created over 3 years ago.  Nice.

"Time.." I chuckled "I hold no secret to time, though it's mystery puzzles me. Deny it's existence and lie to myself not with hopes of a quickened pace."

User Deleted
5/07/06 2:51:00 AM#28

Originally posted by charlo65
this game will flop

The game will not flop...

In order to be a flop, it will have to be released, and it will never be released.   

GMunnyWhiske

Novice Member

6/30/06 10:13:36 PM#29

The game was seen at a laptop booth (sigh) at E3 by ten ton hammer and read this from the end of their article

"Before we parted and cards and thanks were exchanged, they gave us a timeline that they haven’t given anyone else before. Hopes are set for alpha to begin next year during 2007."

So, there you go, and here's the link http://www.tentonhammer.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=182

avienthas

Novice Member

8/01/06 1:14:25 AM#30
This project is really old, I was even hyped on it some time around 2000-2001. The concept was very creative and the little we heard from the team gave a rather good impression. I know they had some financial adventures and I  thought the project to be dead, which it apparently isn´t.

If they get their graphics engine into the 21st century and actually release this thing, it stands a good chance of becoming a succesful niche product. I know I would rather give  my money to them, than to one of the big companies.

User Deleted
8/02/06 12:16:43 PM#31
Serafina has a nice rack
2 Pages « 1 2 Search