Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Guild Wars 2 | Star Citizen

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,254 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,311,115
Piranha Games | Official Site
MMOTPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 2012)  | Pub:Piranha Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

MechWarrior Online Forum » General Discussion » New MechWarrior Online Videos

10 posts found
  udon

Hard Core Member

OP  5/10/12 7:07:08 PM#1

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/10/six-new-mechwarrior-online-videos-count-em/

Looks like a lot of fun if they can manage to keep the cash shop fair.  I don't mind paying $10-$15 a month for a really fun game but I'm not going to pay $20+ like WOT at higher tiers pushes you to.  I'm hoping for a cash shop like HiRez's.

Shoko_Lied

Apprentice Member

SWG Publish 4 Jedi:Flurry: TKM unlock

5/11/12 1:38:38 AM#2

Was kinda surprised that there's still no world collisions like trees falling down and stuff.

Thorqemada

Hard Core Member

5/11/12 7:35:21 AM#3

Its still early Beta (still F&F) and will be implemented soon.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
MWO Community Warfare - BETA Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yipq9vOTt-k

neorandom

Novice Member

5/11/12 7:38:12 AM#4
Originally posted by udon

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/10/six-new-mechwarrior-online-videos-count-em/

Looks like a lot of fun if they can manage to keep the cash shop fair.  I don't mind paying $10-$15 a month for a really fun game but I'm not going to pay $20+ like WOT at higher tiers pushes you to.  I'm hoping for a cash shop like HiRez's.

theyve promised us a purely cosmetic/faster leveling up non pay to win shop.

aka no golden bullets, aka no uber rental tanks.

this i can live with, hell i even put up with stos system cause i had a lifetime sub, but sto sold ships with advantage for cpoints.  but at least you could trade in game currency for cpoints to get them.

udon

Hard Core Member

OP  5/11/12 10:25:02 AM#5
Originally posted by neorandom
Originally posted by udon

theyve promised us a purely cosmetic/faster leveling up non pay to win shop.

aka no golden bullets, aka no uber rental tanks.

this i can live with, hell i even put up with stos system cause i had a lifetime sub, but sto sold ships with advantage for cpoints.  but at least you could trade in game currency for cpoints to get them.

I don't mind paying a monthly fee for faster level up or earning more money from matches but if it's going to be $15 a month (ala WOT) than it better be all I have to buy.  Even the premimum tanks in WOT's don't bother me to much as they are out matched in equal tier fights.  Their main advantage is they earn tons of credits and the match maker tiers them slightly lower than the same teir ones you can earn in game.  Their downside for you (upside for devs) is they are cash pits as you have to spend cash to convert the XP they earn into something you can use to train up other tanks.  I do have a issue with the way WOT's punishes higher tier players with big repair bills that almost requires you to grind on lower or premium tier tanks to earn the money to operate.  That and any XP you earn on these lower tier elite tanks you need to spend cash to convert to XP you can use for other tanks.  

It's always been hard for me to say for sure someone was using gold ammo in WOT but I'm sure it happens even in pug matches.

Oh and STO's mystery boxes are pure evil and a huge turn off to the game for me even though I won't put money into them.

neorandom

Novice Member

5/13/12 2:03:21 AM#6

its not even the boxes, its the fuckin keys, christ theyre as bad as valves tf2, buy keys to get lewt!

odinsrath

Novice Member

5/13/12 2:11:17 AM#7
Originally posted by denshing

Was kinda surprised that there's still no world collisions like trees falling down and stuff.

ya i hear ya..but in a way..if you did that..there wouldnt be any trees anywhere lol..or unless they would just repop out of thin air..this is my 1st time seeing this..is it mmo? or single player? looks pretty sweet

XAleX360

Hard Core Member

5/13/12 6:23:54 AM#8
Originally posted by odinsrath
Originally posted by denshing

ya i hear ya..but in a way..if you did that..there wouldnt be any trees anywhere lol..or unless they would just repop out of thin air..this is my 1st time seeing this..is it mmo? or single player? looks pretty sweet

Unfortunately there is no such a thing as a persistent world in this game, although the overall battle is indeed persistent.

But yes, CryEngine 3 should definitely be able to employ serious physics.

Founder, CEO & Editor in Chief of Worlds Factory, a brand new videogame and entertainment online publication.

Dredphyre

Novice Member

fanboi of truth

5/13/12 8:33:50 PM#9

Thanks for the links. Man those vids are sweet. Cannot. Wait.

ZombieKen

Advanced Member

Zombie - Dead but still moving.

5/13/12 8:50:59 PM#10

Woot, great videos.  Added this to my watch list, thanks.

MSOTSG with PPE : Massively Single-player Online Task-driven Storyline Game with Purchasable Performance Enhancements *grin*