Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Wasteland 2 | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,858,811 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,011
Piranha Games | Official Site
MMOTPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 2012)  | Pub:Piranha Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

MechWarrior Online Forum » General Discussion » Mechwarrior Online's new gold mechs

2 posts found
  Ozmodan

Elite Member

OP  12/15/13 6:53:10 AM#1

$500 each or $5000 for the set.  Now if that game is not pay-to-win.....  People who play mechwarrior are either certifiable or are floating in money.

http://mwomercs.com/clans#page3

kilun

Apprentice Member

12/15/13 7:10:16 AM#2

Explain to me how they are pay-to-win?  We do not know what the module they come with does.  If it is something insane, yes, they are pay-to-win without a doubt.

I'm not going to say the prices are insane, but they are a "I got more money than brains" type purchase and I want to be the first mech to die as soon as someone spots me purchase.  My only issue is they say they are limited, yet don't but a number quantity on them, meaning they don't have a quantity IMO.

I'm a Legendary Founder and Overlord, but even I am shaking my head at the cost of the Clan package, at least the same price point would of been an equal. ($20 a mech versus $30)  If it was I probably wouldn't of batted an eye and snatched it the other day, instead I'm at a loss of what direction this game is headed in with the lack of promised features still not present while at the same time around the holidays releasing a new package before the whole Phoenix Project was released (Tuesday for Griffins and Wolverines)  and then to not have the package available until Mid June....

There is a difference between crowd funding and long delays (For some reason many on the MWO forums bring up price points of Star Citizen to reiterate pricing), pre-orders of expansions (usually down a few months before hand) and this outright holiday cash grab which is overpriced as hell for a free-to-play game which I was initially fine with costing roughly $10-15.00 a month with the "packages" released each year.  Now they doubled that.